Sponsored

Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active?

PaulD

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger SRT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a day 2 Wildtrak reservation and I'm probably going out and picking up another vehicle while waiting. I understand what's going on but this last round of delays put me over.

Figuring I'll wait until whenever my Bronco is in and decide what to do at that point. Anyone else going this route?
Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm looking into it. I'm a day 1, 2dr Wildtrak and I sold my previous vehicle at the height of the used car run at 8k over what I had valued.
Im thinking Oct is the new timeframe for 6/29 in production build. So I still have a way to go, carless.

I would love to find a '80 Malibu Classic 2dr in good/decent condition that can hold me over until I get the Bronco and I can start resto mod project for the next few years.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, but not a new vehicle. Looking for a Suzuki Samurai, they're fairly cheap (relatively, nothing is truly cheap any more) and will suit my needs as a daily.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looking at a 64 c10 stepside...I have always wanted one and I have the time and money to mess with it. We'll see.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I somewhat foolishly bought a new Escape Titanium in 2019...of course at the time, we had no idea of the shit show the Bronco would go thru in the coming months/years.
But alas, Escape's depreciate faster than the equity gets paid down. Lol
I'll be forced to get a MY22 and will be trading in... With my luck, it'll also need tires and brakes by then too!
In retrospect, I should of bought a used beater.

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

By the time my Bronco gets put into build, I will be able to pay cash for a different car. That truly is simmering on the back pot while I wait. Waiting isn't the problem, The problem is my current vehicle is having issues with the transmission. Every time I drive it I cross my fingers.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really close to getting 2022 4runner. Yes, its still got the old engine and drive train. BUT its getting more tech and I know the build quality. I rented a 2021 4runner and I love driving with moonroof open and all the side and rear window down. Given the crap I am reading with both hard and soft tops, the 4runner is close enough to an suv in safari mode for me.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought an 2020 Escape earlier this month. Not really by choice… wife’s Focus got smashed but an oak tree.

Got way more money back from insurance than i was expecting, but still had to dip into the Bronco budget. So in some ways this delay has been beneficial—gives me time to replenish the Bronco fund.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a day 2 Wildtrak reservation and I'm probably going out and picking up another vehicle while waiting. I understand what's going on but this last round of delays put me over.

Figuring I'll wait until whenever my Bronco is in and decide what to do at that point. Anyone else going this route?
I ordered a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willy’s. My dad will buy it off of me in about a year, but wanted something to be able to play around in. I am also thinking of just saying the hell with it and buying another 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premuim. It doesn’t have the removable roof or doors, but at least I know the drive train will last forever on it.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really close to getting 2022 4runner. Yes, its still got the old engine and drive train. BUT its getting more tech and I know the build quality. I rented a 2021 4runner and I love driving with moonroof open and all the side and rear window down. Given the crap I am reading with both hard and soft tops, the 4runner is close enough to an suv in safari mode for me.
What model are you thinking? I had a TRD Off-Road Premium and loved it. The only down side for the package I want is the limited color selection. I wish they’d offer Cement or Lunar Rock. The Orange they had in 2017 on the TRD Pro was also a great color.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thinking hard about a 2015+ used mustang. Something I can drive for 18 months or however long it takes for my Bronco to get built.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What model are you thinking? I had a TRD Off-Road Premium and loved it. The only down side for the package I want is the limited color selection. I wish they’d offer Cement or Lunar Rock. The Orange they had in 2017 on the TRD Pro was also a great color.
More than likely that trim, the TRD Off Road. It's more than enough for me and saves a few grand from the Pro. Thinking of the Army Green color.
(Per Toyota Jeff, its to be offered. )

But, still waiting for costs on the website.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made the call to upgrade our tow vehicle while we wait. Not dipping into Bronco funds but trading in our F150. Hoping to have my 2022 F350 Tremor in a couple weeks.

Bronco down payment will continue to grow as well with at least 5 months (hopefully) until I realistically take delivery.