Sponsored

Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active?

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After extreme frustration with Ford set in and I was seeing tons of issues pop up I went to see a demo at the nearest dealership I could......as much as I love the design of the new bronco, (reminds me of my ‘68 sitting behind the wheel) I absolutely hated the cheap plastic interior and the frameless windows hanging up. I ended up buying a 21 rubicon gladiator.......the interior has better quality materials, it has a real front axle,4-1 t case and a much better towing capacity.......that being said I still haven’t decided what to do with my bronco order or back up reservation. I may end decide I wanna trade if the bronco ever gets built but I almost feel like I would be downgrading in a lot of ways. I know this won’t be a popular opinion on this page but........
Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was going to trade in our 2019 Rubicon for the bronco. But that didn't happen will drive it over the winter. The bronco will get here when it gets here also have this on order. Don't know what will show up first the aptera or the bronco.
aptera.0.jpg
Those Aptera's are pretty cool. I looked at reserving earlier this year, but we have sold off all of the cars we own and now have just trucks, Jeeps and SUV's. Seems like all the more reason to have one, right? Wife disagreed...

Hope it turns out to be really neat.

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad I broke down in July and got my self the most basic Taco I could find. Brand new Tacoma SR 4x4 Access Cab (4cyl, 6 auto).

Frankly, it's very uncomfortable and more underpowered than any other Toyota product my wife and I've ever owned (and we've had six different ones - '01 Lexus RX300, '04 Camry, '17 Avalon, '19 Rav4, '18 4Runner, '21 Sienna, and my beloved '07 FJ). Amazingly, the Lexus AND the FJ were the most comfortable long-distance drivers I've ever had.

My DD was the Avalon and I sold it at a nice profit back in April... anticipating a late summer Bronco delivery. Now knowing I've got an even longer wait from Ford (Badlands & LUX are only constraints, I dropped TOW and MIC this month, week 2 res), I wish I had opted for a different short-term vehicle to hold me over.

All said, I got a low lease payment, and although I'll likely go over on mileage, I should be able to sell it for as much as the payoff is at the time since they hold their value so well. If I could go back, I would have gone for a Highlander. The Taco is so annoying. The powertrain combo can't hold 77mph cruise control with A/C on a gentle up-slope. It shifts back and forth between 4-and-5 gear. The seat is also very flat and low, and gets uncomfortable after about 45 minutes for my 40-something body.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am on my Current Lease with 2020 Ford Fusion, I am covered until 2023 Feb, if my Bronco is still delayed, then I will request Ford to extend it for another 6 months.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did the same thing.
Well, I hope we are not gluttons for punishment! I haven't owned a ford in thirty years and I now have orders in for two. Weird going from a Bronco to a Maverick, but I'm enthusiastic about the hybrid and I really need a decent long trip road vehicle.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willy’s. My dad will buy it off of me in about a year, but wanted something to be able to play around in. I am also thinking of just saying the hell with it and buying another 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premuim. It doesn’t have the removable roof or doors, but at least I know the drive train will last forever on it.

We already have a VIN for the Wrangler I ordered for my dad. Less than 10 days from when I put the order in. It’s just a Willy’s Sport, hard top, nothing exciting, but I’m pretty excited for it to come in 😁

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I hope we are not gluttons for punishment! I haven't owned a ford in thirty years and I now have orders in for two. Weird going from a Bronco to a Maverick, but I'm enthusiastic about the hybrid and I really need a decent long trip road vehicle.
My Kia is worth about 4k more than it should be and it's paid for and will need new tires soon. It's not much more to get a Maverick and if I need a small loan, Ford has 0% up to 36 months.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. Just signed off on an XC90 T6 R-design yesterday because we need an suv for the winter and have a second kid due Feb. I have a future vin but can’t play games.

Putting 50% down on two ~60k vehicles within months is fairly annoying. Backing into 499/mo 72 months for each.

I went from having my subaru lease bridge me to the bronco. Extended it through August. Sold it. Now buying XC90. And using my other Volvo S60 lease to bridge me when the bronco shows. Still need to figure out how to get out of it. Volvo makes it very difficult. Didn’t want to trade in for XC90 as we would have 1 vehicle for 4 month which could become 7+ months. Realistically best case my bronco gets delivered in January and I could see it get pushed to maybe March.

Thankfully I got one of the last XC90 T6 R Designs (they are limiting that trim to the expensive T8s for 22). Also got one of the last R designs with a black interior and decent exterior color in the country. Searched high And low and found one 1,000 miles away which they are shipping

similar combo to my AMB OBX sas build but in gunmetal gray with black bits and grille. Should look sinister

I knew the bronco would inevitably be demoted from family hauler to weekender in a couple years. But that’s happening before I even take delivery. Then again the bronco wait is basically pushed out about a year from our initial estimations.

72E7AC55-ADDF-466F-907D-45F2B9F9DD1F.jpeg

8CED5393-263A-4E51-ABE2-99928D559854.jpeg

73199A61-9382-41FD-9A88-E6EF0AED1B76.jpeg

7A2945C8-E27A-44DB-8673-D15ED48F2B44.png
Great choice. I’ve driven quite a few new volvos. They are a great vehicle. I don’t like the huge tablet to control everything, but I guess that’s where every car is headed.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We already have a VIN for the Wrangler I ordered for my dad. Less than 10 days from when I put the order in. It’s just a Willy’s Sport, hard top, nothing exciting, but I’m pretty excited for it to come in 😁
I miss my Willys. Will most likely be looking at another, if I don't get a Bronco.

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? Mm9rJhX

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 9MyKiDG

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bought an outer banks at a local dealer who had an order refusal. I am planning on keeping it until my Wildtrak is built. However, I love this vehicle so much that I may just keep it and drive off into the sunset.

Sponsored

EdVA

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes…, picked this beast up in June. Original plan was to flip this when my Black Diamond comes in. Still leaning that way, but ain’t gonna lie, it’ll be hard to let this one go. I’ll see how things shake out in ‘22…
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 2F1DACA8-1AA6-4112-861D-BC73030119EC

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fortunately don't need a vehicle for a couple years because I think it's going to be well into 2023 if not 2024 before you can routinely walk in and pickup a hardtop squatch bronco off a lot.

Definitely have my eye on what the new four runner does and am very intrigued by the gladiators as well. Even a ZR2 bison with a topper may be viable alternative.

Not saying it's going to happen but with the off-road market exploding, if a few more SUVs are offered with a front locker the bronco starts to lose a ton of it's appeal for me. Electric vehicles may also enter this market and be appealing, especially for those of us that have tow vehicles to the trail.

If the 4 runner offered a front locker it would be game over for Ford from me.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was going to trade in our 2019 Rubicon for the bronco. But that didn't happen will drive it over the winter. The bronco will get here when it gets here also have this on order. Don't know what will show up first the aptera or the bronco.
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 2F1DACA8-1AA6-4112-861D-BC73030119EC
I hadn't heard of these before. I'm not really an electric guy but I'm intrigued. My config worked out to $29300, lowest range but max solar and AWD.

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 2-door Big Bend is built and sitting on Dirt Mountain for at least another 3-4 months I'd imagine. I really don't want to wait that long. Long story short, for the very specific criteria (dimensions, space, capability) I have for my next car, something like a lightly used E-Pace or XC40 are good options too. I just really WANTED the Bronco, but would be quite happy with the others. So yeah, I'm torn right now.
Sponsored