Sponsored

Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active?

Swordofthemorning

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, bought a used GMC Terrain while I wait for my 2 door to be built sometime mid - late 22 if I'm lucky.
Sponsored

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like many others, I ordered another vehicle while waiting. A Subaru Outback Wilderness. From ordering to receipt it took 3 weeks……..3 weeks.
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? F0452097-23DA-4905-BD2A-EDD0AF523EE9

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. Just signed off on an XC90 T6 R-design yesterday because we need an suv for the winter and have a second kid due Feb. I have a future vin but can’t play games.

Putting 50% down on two ~60k vehicles within months is fairly annoying. Backing into 499/mo 72 months for each.

I went from having my subaru lease bridge me to the bronco. Extended it through August. Sold it. Now buying XC90. And using my other Volvo S60 lease to bridge me when the bronco shows. Still need to figure out how to get out of it. Volvo makes it very difficult. Didn’t want to trade in for XC90 as we would have 1 vehicle for 4 month which could become 7+ months. Realistically best case my bronco gets delivered in January and I could see it get pushed to maybe March.

Thankfully I got one of the last XC90 T6 R Designs (they are limiting that trim to the expensive T8s for 22). Also got one of the last R designs with a black interior and decent exterior color in the country. Searched high And low and found one 1,000 miles away which they are shipping

similar combo to my AMB OBX sas build but in gunmetal gray with black bits and grille. Should look sinister

I knew the bronco would inevitably be demoted from family hauler to weekender in a couple years. But that’s happening before I even take delivery. Then again the bronco wait is basically pushed out about a year from our initial estimations.

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? F0452097-23DA-4905-BD2A-EDD0AF523EE9

That was exactly it, we needed another baby hauler. She was almost a year old when we picked up the XC90. Her first year was Covid life, so between maternity leave, being a baby (and not taking her around for the first few months), and Covid on top, she only went to her drs appointments. We went Inscription with everything except the hybrid. Super light Beige interior and lounge package. I probably won't do another black leather car here in Texas, at least that is what I tell myself, even though I like the look and the fact that black is so much easier to keep clean from stains. If I did it all over. I think I would have opted for the hybrid. The mileage is really not very good, but it is a turbo and super charged 4 cylinder.... On hwy trips I can get the computer estimate of all our driving to 19.4 mpg when using Eco mode. It drops back down to 19.2 when we drive around the city. Other than that, it is frankly a surprisingly comfortable vehicle for everything. We've driven up and down the beach, long haul road trips, it make city driving even enjoyable. The interior is so quiet and comfortable. I would definitely consider another volvo in our future.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Chaos actually, for us, the plan was to replace the subaru outback with the bronco. Designate the bronco as the family hauler, and our volvo S60 sedan as one of the commuters (and potentially swap out to a Guila or something more fun). Honestly, while as painful of a stable re-shuffle this has been with bronco delays, it forced my hand to get a proper SUV first. Which is probably a good thing. If we took delivery of a bronco a month ago with a faulty top to carry us through the winter and a newborn as the sole SUV (keep in mind we dont have a garage) it would have been a potential nightmare.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like a couple of others here I put in a Day 1 reservation for the Ford Maverick. I mistakenly ordered the Hybrid which turned out to be a late availability item just like my Bronco. Oh well. It doesn't cost me a thing to wait. My Tundra is paid off so I'm not needing new transportation, just looking for better mpg's.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I miss my Willys. Will most likely be looking at another, if I don't get a Bronco.

Went with Snazzberry. Just ordered Rubicon springs today and have to pick up 285/70/17s, BF Goodrich KO2s. That will be about it for mods. Should be pretty smooth and handle snow up here like a champ.

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Day two reservation, MIC top so next year. Picked up a new, well optioned gladiator Rubicon three weeks ago. Love it! Just installed winch and sun rider top yesterday, hitting Moab this weekend. I'll make the decision on bronco when the time comes, but this Jeep feels very dialed in, each day that passes raises the bar just a little more for bronco to get me to trade in. We'll see.

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple planes, a couple bikes, a couple cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered a Ranger as a hold over. Should be built early Oct. Girlfriend gets a “new truck” once the Bronco comes. Between the Ranger delivery and then, I’m driving the bageezus out of it.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked up a 2022 Volvo S60 on the Volvo Care subscription program.

They made it too convenient not to do it. No down payment, ability to return the car with no penalty any time after 5 months, 15k miles/year allowed.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why wouldn't you just keep driving what you are currently driving?

Sponsored

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why wouldn't you just keep driving what you are currently driving?
Uh....same question applies to why someone would buy the bronco rather than keep driving what they're currently driving.

I was ready for a new vehicle a year ago, but wanted to wait for the bronco. I'm very tired of waiting, I'm losing confidence in the build quality and want to be able to make the decision to buy a growing-pains vehicle without the emotion of needing (wanting) a new vehicle to blind me to the downsides, vs letting ford get itself together and work the kinks out in the next couple of years.

ALSO, used vehicle pricing right now are crazy good. I got $39k trade in on a tundra with 60k miles that I paid $36k for brand new in 2018.

Finally, ford is just really bugging me right now with how the bronco rollout is going down. I bought a new expedition earlier this year for the wife, love it, and still might spring for the bronco when the time comes. But I got tired of waiting around for a vehicle and a company that was disappointing me on lots of little levels.

bchapa2002

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a day 2 Wildtrak reservation and I'm probably going out and picking up another vehicle while waiting. I understand what's going on but this last round of delays put me over.

Figuring I'll wait until whenever my Bronco is in and decide what to do at that point. Anyone else going this route?
Yes, bought a car about a month ago because my truck finally gave out on me. i'm keeping the reservation, but i might back out.

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco is a surprise for my wife, but it hasn't come. I went looking for a used Subaru, Toyota or Honda and the prices were crazy so I picked this up instead. It had a few issues I resolved and only paid $3900 with 84,000 miles. She loves it,
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? 20210824_191255
its quick and a 6 speed but won't work in Vermont winters and mud season.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Purchased an F150 last week as my Bronco will be late 22 or 23. Holding on to the Bronco dream!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A row of Mavericks. Check out the Snugtop caps. They should design a Bronco top.
Sponsored