Sponsored

Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active?

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on your Timberline purchase! When will you take delivery? I’m still a bit undecided, but right now I’m leaning toward keeping both the 4Runner and the Wildtrak. I’d use the 4R as daily driver and the WT as hobby, weekend fun mobile. I spent last Friday at one of the Bronco Off Rodeo events and that really renewed my desire for the WT. Unfortunately, I reserved and ordered in March 2021, so I’m near the back of the line in getting a Bronco. That means I still have a year or more or waffling on what I want! Keep us informed on that Timberline! I really want to hear about it.
If all goes according to plan I’ll get a build date this Thursday. I’m pretty far down the reservation list for my Bronco as well.

Our current vehicles are paid off and I want to take advantage of the used car market while the iron is still hot.

What year 4Runner do you have?
Sponsored

mynameismyles657

Badlands
First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got tired of waiting after being bumped again and the news about redesigning the hard top. Ended up buying a 2020 Rubicon Wrangler. Not sure what I'm going to end up doing, but I've still got the Bronco on order.

DJI_0935-HDR.jpg

_A735765.jpg

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got it at Granger...

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? IMG_2926

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lucky for me I bought a used JKUR and now it's totally modded to my dreams. In California any time you make a change you get taxed 10% plus a huge registration. So making changes can get pricy. I tend to keep things a while. But when the Bronco is lined up at the dealers I'll probably part with my Wrangler and go back to my first new vehicle as one of my last.
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? IMG_4673.JPG

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 2013 escape for the 100 mile a day work commute, a 2008 mustang gt convertible for nice days, both paid off. And I sold my 2011 raptor a few months ago which the bronco will be replacing, so it's more of a weekend toy for me.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looking at a 64 c10 stepside...I have always wanted one and I have the time and money to mess with it. We'll see.
Revisiting this. Picked this up last week...exactly what I have always wanted. So much fun to drive, a real head turner, but also just old-school-cool.

For me, some cars are pure art, but art you can drive. For me, the 1964 C-10 stepside is pure art.

inspection_image_1.jpeg

inspection_image_111.jpeg

inspection_image_112.jpeg

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm maintaining what I have and waiting out this new vehicle craziness. When the time comes it will be a 4Runner, Rubicon JL 2 door or Ford Bronco 2 door. Right now the dealer markups are outrageous on new and used vehicles.

The only good deals to be found are on models that are not popular. No offense but I do not believe anyone who says they are walking into a dealer today and ordering a Ford Bronco for under invoice. Dealers are demanding and selling them for well over MSRP and consumers are paying it.

My mom was just offered from the dealer 35K for her 2017 Highlander used when she took it in for service.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Revisiting this. Picked this up last week...exactly what I have always wanted. So much fun to drive, a real head turner, but also just old-school-cool.

For me, some cars are pure art, but art you can drive. For me, the 1964 C-10 stepside is pure art.
Pauly, Very nice truck!! My very first vehicle was a 1967 Chevy 1/2 ton fleet side, three on the tree and a 283.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am test driving a Defender 90 Thursday.

I love the look but I joined a couple of Defender Forums/FB pages and seems like a high probability of a nightmare (shocker).

Typically I still would have no problem getting a LR under warranty but with current shortages I can only imagine how long I could be out of a car I just bought and issues with getting a long term loaner.

Let's see what happens post test drive.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am test driving a Defender 90 Thursday.

I love the look but I joined a couple of Defender Forums/FB pages and seems like a high probability of a nightmare (shocker).

Typically I still would have no problem getting a LR under warranty but with current shortages I can only imagine how long I could be out of a car I just bought and issues with getting a long term loaner.

Let's see what happens post test drive.
I just picked up a Defender 90 this past Friday. Had a flat tire on the way home but so far no check engine light. LOL.

Seriously though, I take all the overly good and bad online items with a grain of salt. Yes, Land Rover has a reputation for unreliability, but if you really look into the math, they're really right there with Mercedes and Volvo and Audi, and typically they're all way better than Tesla right now. High tech cars have more issues. I'm kind of like you. If I have to warranty on it I just don't worry about it that much. But hey, ask me this time next year what I think of my Defender...

Hope the test drive goes well. I drove a 110 with the 4 cylinder engine and was sold. Ended up with a 90 with the 6 cylinder and now I don't think I'd want the 4 cylinder, lol. If you love it on the test drive, good luck finding one. I stumbled upon one that was already in transit to a dealer about 1.5 hours away from me and no one had claimed it yet.

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just picked up a Defender 90 this past Friday. Had a flat tire on the way home but so far no check engine light. LOL.

Seriously though, I take all the overly good and bad online items with a grain of salt. Yes, Land Rover has a reputation for unreliability, but if you really look into the math, they're really right there with Mercedes and Volvo and Audi, and typically they're all way better than Tesla right now. High tech cars have more issues. I'm kind of like you. If I have to warranty on it I just don't worry about it that much. But hey, ask me this time next year what I think of my Defender...

Hope the test drive goes well. I drove a 110 with the 4 cylinder engine and was sold. Ended up with a 90 with the 6 cylinder and now I don't think I'd want the 4 cylinder, lol. If you love it on the test drive, good luck finding one. I stumbled upon one that was already in transit to a dealer about 1.5 hours away from me and no one had claimed it yet.
Mine would be a build. 73k build.... ugh.

I will try to remember to come in and update ya lol

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If all goes according to plan I’ll get a build date this Thursday. I’m pretty far down the reservation list for my Bronco as well.

Our current vehicles are paid off and I want to take advantage of the used car market while the iron is still hot.

What year 4Runner do you have?
It’s a 2017 4R with 15,000 miles that I bought new. I have a work vehicle so I don’t put too many miles on the 4R. I actually think my wife and visiting friends and family have put more miles on than me. Longest trip I have taken it on was to the north rim of Grand Canyon. Keep us up to speed on that Timberline.

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a 2017 4R with 15,000 miles that I bought new. I have a work vehicle so I don’t put too many miles on the 4R. I actually think my wife and visiting friends and family have put more miles on than me. Longest trip I have taken it on was to the north rim of Grand Canyon. Keep us up to speed on that Timberline.
Will do! I'm excited to get my hands on it.

You could probably sell that 4runner for MSRP with so few miles on it.

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with my dealer today and I am keeping my order active. As tempting as it is to buy a transitional vehicle, the never ending uncertainty of what is REALLY going to happen to my Bronco order (or anyone's for that matter) is keeping from committing one way or the other. I have a soft top on order and have been hoping for a miracle, however, with the massive MIC-mess being what it is I have given up any hope of a MY21. My order is Oxford White so the color changes don't impact my order. My dealer did tell me that they are allowed to sell their mannequin models to an existing order holder if the give up their order. So far he has a red Base model, 2.3L, 2-door, hardtop, Sasquatch on the lot and he is expecting a 4-door, Base model, soft top in the coming weeks. No thanks.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Speaking do Defender, we also caved with the latest Bronco delays (day 1 reservation got pushed to 2022… I’m fed up, so is the wife, so bye bye Ford). Couldn’t be happier with this gem!
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? AE4EA158-67BF-4230-9662-71FFBDAB10E2
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? DBC7A811-AE93-4ADA-AD24-686B128BA92F
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? FD4AD1D6-5110-41A3-B839-CF27894BA2EC
Sponsored