Sponsored

Anyone else change their driving habits after getting Bronco?

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've noticed that ever since I got my Bronco, I drive quite a bit slower. I used to speed everywhere, but now I consistently realize that I'm barely doing the speed limit.

I know some people are trying to save gas, but that's not a factor for me.

Anyone else change their driving at all (faster, slower, more or less aggressive, etc.), or is it just me? 🤔

Apologies in advance to our folks still waiting.
Sponsored

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny you mention this. Ever since my SHO was "lent" to my kid at college and I've been driving our newly acquired 2021 Expedition and now my 2022 Bronco, I too have changed my driving habits. All for the better I'd say.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have slowed down a little. I stay closer to 70 on the freeway, that brick on wheels has a noticeable drop in feel as you move past that.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always drive new vehicles slowly. I treat my vehicles like living breathing animals. More like family pets. The Bronco is being treated even more tenderly for a few extra reasons. The major concern is the prolong waiting for a repair if some turnip crashes into me. Due to parts, and manpower shortages any collision will cause one to wait months for the return of the Bronco.

Sponsored

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco is WAY To Recognizable!

I kinda drive like an ass sometimes….because all the Bay Area Folk moved here, and brought all there Traffic with them…. So I am “practicing” driving better, so when I finally “get” my Bronco I Will be “re-trained!” (In Theory! Any way!)
Dont want a nice key job, or broken windows, or something worse.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m learning to drive slower. Coming from a 5.0 Mustang this thing is a lot heavier and takes a lot more distance to stop 😁
If I drive it like my mustang, I will be off-roading :p

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find myself hyper sensitive to cars around me knowing if I get in an accident it'll potentially be many, many, many, many, months before repair parts could be available.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 dr. with 2.3, 7MT, Boomba BOV and weighted shift knob, and Sprint Booster on Sport 7 has me driving spirited everywhere. Still getting just under 19 mpg. I might install the K&N CAI this weekend, and still shopping around for exhaust. This thing is too damn fun for me to drive tame.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive slow for my area where most speed 10-20 over the speed limit. I try to keep it about 5 over- except on the interstate (speed limit 70) where people drive 80-100, I keep it at 65-70 to conserve fuel in the Bronco.

I do find that I have to let off the gas a lot in the Bronco as I find it very quick on acceleration. I have a 2 door Basesquatch with 2.7. Anyone complaining about power I just don't understand. Another reason I don't get on it is the MPG. I get a reasonable 22 but with the small tank I have to gas up very frequently.
Sponsored