Sponsored

Anyone else change their driving habits after getting Bronco?

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm laughing as I read these threads how you guys want to tune your Bronchos, shit, I feel that my Bronco wild Trak HOSS 3.0 has more than enough power, last week I was on the fwy trying to change lanes, but with all the semi trucks it's a bitch, so I punched it, then I looked at my speedometer and I saw it hitting 100, just like that it was crazy.
330 broncos is plenty of power for me....
:cool::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nah. With a top speed of just 101, peak speeds are lower, but average is probably up.

AK roads are some of the worst out there, and I've been DD'ing sporty cars on 35 series tires for a while, having to slow down for every imperfection (aka the entire road.) Nice to park the cars and daily something on 35 inch tires again.

Speed bumps? Bridge transitions? Potholes? Dips? "Highway" that's little more than a glorified ATV trail?Just hit it all at full send.

Not being able to pull smokey drifts as I jump out into too small of a gap in traffic is a bit of a bummer, though.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is WAY To Recognizable!

I kinda drive like an ass sometimes….because all the Bay Area Folk moved here, and brought all there Traffic with them…. So I am “practicing” driving better, so when I finally “get” my Bronco I Will be “re-trained!” (In Theory! Any way!)
Dont want a nice key job, or broken windows, or something worse.
The second you said "bay area folks" I knew you lived in my area. Haha! I know exactly how you feel.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find myself just cruising along and enjoying… not too slow but not zipping down the freeway at 85 like in my truck. Then my wife says “speed up Grandpa”!

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, with a 17 gallon tank and 17 mpg, I stop for gas much more often.

Race Red Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before getting my Bronco in March, I’d order from DoorDash and Instacart several times per week. Since then, I’ve only used either of them maybe one time each. I enjoy driving my Bronco so much that I prefer running out to the store myself now.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I certainly drive it slower than my sports sedan but nobody would accuse me of being a conservative or cautious driver.

I’m looking at upgrading my radar detector to the new Uniden R8. :)

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m really surprised to read this. Does Ford recommend keeping the revs low during break in? Usually manufactures say to vary the revs or say that no break in is necessary.
Jason
I have no idea. I'm older now and I just prefer not to run the shit out of my stuff. Lol! Especially the first brand new vehicle I've ever had. I've blown at least three engines in my youth. I had enough traffic tickets in my late twenties that I had to attend defensive driving school to save my driver's license. I'm in no hurry to get anywhere anymore -- I get to work an hour early everyday and just relax in my vehicle. Lol!

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I find myself staying away from other drivers, you know.....the rock in the windshield avoidance. We have a lot of trucks here in the South with big off-road tires. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

PaulMedik

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.valleysportspics.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the 7MT in my Badlands is what has me slowing down. I enjoy driving it, but to drive it aggressively requires physical exertion. LOL. I am too old for that.
That's why I switched from manual to auto years ago; I enjoy shifting, but the more I drive the less it's enjoyable.

Rdonohoe

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco & 2022 Bronco (ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m about to find out. My bronco arrived at the dealership yesterday, I’ll bring it home next week. My daily driver since 2016 is a Focus ST. It’s a fun little car, zoomy!

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing that has changed is how much more often I need to stop for fuel.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have in a subtle way.

In the past, I always checked the data from the car often. MPG, etc...

Now I just put it into "Calm Screen" and never look at those things. Now I just more enjoy the car than caring or stressing over minor numbers.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I find myself hyper sensitive to cars around me knowing if I get in an accident it'll potentially be many, many, many, many, months before repair parts could be available.
Yes. I just lived this. Rearended by a drunk driver. 10k in damage and took since March to get fixed. Got it back last week. What a nightmare and tainted my first year of ownership 😞
Ford Bronco Anyone else change their driving habits after getting Bronco? 37AF7380-9A4D-4C13-99DA-5B97122B2C38
Sponsored