Sponsored

Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles?

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the Grand Wagoneer is ugly, it's just not sexy, and it's completely indistinguishable from it's competition from a styling standpoint (except the co-pilot DJ screen as mentioned before).

Plus, who the hell wants to pay $100k for an FCA product!!!!!
Sponsored

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I priced out a Rubicon yesterday for $55-60K, add hybrid option to that, so $65-70k?
I just don't see the payback in a hybrid, sure you save a little on gas, but how long does it take to get back your $5k-10k investment over standard Rubicon? If its over 7 years, not worth it.
Current gen Wrangler has issues with water in electronics already, and you want to buy a vehicle from them with more electronics?? Good Luck.
What everyone seems to forget is that the hybrid range steadily declines with time...physics is physics. If you keep a hybrid long enough, battery replacement is going to be an expensive reality. Then there's the inevitable problem of trade-in value. There aren't very many people looking for a hybrid with a dead battery.

Chanman3123

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That wagoneer is ugly af IMO. Total miss, I was expecting it to be way more retro. I know it wasn’t going to be exactly like this because obviously it’s a full size but I was expecting at least for it to take some cues.
694B8B14-380E-44F6-A2AD-E2DDF0C827C4.png

The hybrid wrangler is cool but Chrysler has never been a huge hybrid manufacturer. I would have zero interest in one outside the warranty period.
Now that would have made me rethink the Bronco. I do plan on putting those old school strips on my bronco with white Graphic Auto Wrap.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hmmm - rated for 2500kg towing in Australia so capable at least - 50MPGe - PHEV here now. Can get one in December. Wonder what the pricing will be ... ?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With FCA's track record, not much of a miss for Ford, actually probably a calculated move by Ford to let FCA announce first. Wouldn't want to be the one ponying up for a 4xe Rubicon, only to get smoked by Ford, when their offering comes out.

I don't think people have figured out that Ford is serious about the Bronco family. Ford has had a long time to get this right and the evidence to-date has shown Ford has exceeded expectations.

At any rate, what's the hurry? If it has to be a hybrid, waiting for Ford's offering would seem to be prudent.
Good points... but to answer your last question... my daily driver is 17 years old and

tenor.gif

to get my new ride.

Sponsored

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, 30 miles is pretty standard for most PHEV, even larger Hybrid players like Toyota. They're having to cram in an electric system into an already crowded space (think about the 4 wheel drive system underneath). There's not alot of packaging options for large batteries.
I think your helping make my point. 30 mile is on par with hybrids that have been out for years. Jeep is late to the game in my opinion. Although, it is commendable and impressive in a off-road SUV, I just wish they would have pushed past the current standards.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think your helping make my point. 30 mile is on par with hybrids that have been out for years. Jeep is late to the game in my opinion. Although, it is commendable and impressive in a off-road SUV, I just wish they would have pushed past the current standards.
I think with current battery technology and packaging, any company is limited on a PHEV. I'm saying, if a company like Toyota can't squeeze out amazing numbers (I guess it depends on what your definition of great numbers are on a PHEV), I don't expect much from Jeep. I think the bar should be pretty low given the current technology. Car companies are less about innovation in battery technology and more about how to take current technology and apply it to existing lineups.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am pretty interested in the 4xE wrangler as I am very into electrification of vehicles, but it being limited to the 4 door might create a hard pass for me. I really don't like the look of 4 door Wranglers and I genuinely don't have the need for it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That wagoneer is ugly af IMO. Total miss, I was expecting it to be way more retro. I know it wasn’t going to be exactly like this because obviously it’s a full size but I was expecting at least for it to take some cues.
Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? tenor
Did you miss the design cues? Here, I've pointed them out for you. Too subtle? :LOL:
Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? Eg_jQKBWoAIxODd

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just announced:

- 4xE electric plug in hybrids
- 4xE Wrangler with quiet engine, good torque, and 50mpge!
- Grand Wagoneer ($100k+, I wanna see that version of the Bronco)

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!
Wrangler still has recirculating ball steering and solid front axle? It's not on my list.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could get a 2 door wrangler with the turbo diesel, I'd be very interested. I don't think it will be likely that Ford would ever put on in a 2 door Bronco either so its whatever I guess.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does the hybrid Jeep still come with free death wobble?, asking for a friend.
Why yes, yes it does because...”It’s a Jeep thing!”
I recently test drove 3 different JLUs 2 Rubicons and 1 Sport S (all at the same dealer) and they all drove, handled, and steered different. I even let air out of the tires until they were all at 32psi. “We don’t got to fix it, if we never admit the front end has issues.“

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll be honest.... the 4xe Rubicon has peaked my interest. I'm still leaning heavily toward the Wildtrak/Badlands (haven't decided yet) and definitely not cancelling my pre-order right now, but if the 4xe Rubicon comes in comparably equipped at say $10k or more less (which I highly doubt), I'll be making the switch.

I really wish Ford offered the plug-in hybrid at launch with the Bronco. Letting Jeep do this before them is a bit of a miss in my opinion. Ford has the technology (well ahead of FCA) so not sure why they chose to wait.
Keep in mind, FCA couldn’t keep the smaller AUX battery charged without issues on a good number of Wranglers during the JL/JLU rollout.
i would give them some time to get it right before I dove in. With an expensive hybrid Jeep Wrangler.
Sponsored