Sponsored

Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles?

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just announced:

- 4xE electric plug in hybrids for Renegade & Compass
- 4xE Wrangler with quiet engine, good torque, and 50mpge!
- Grand Wagoneer ($60k-100k, I wanna see that version of the Bronco)

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!

Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? Eg_gibaX0AEbWn-

Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? IMG_4453.PNG

Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? Eg_jQKBWoAIxODd
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That wagoneer is ugly af IMO. Total miss, I was expecting it to be way more retro. I know it wasn’t going to be exactly like this because obviously it’s a full size but I was expecting at least for it to take some cues.
Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? 694B8B14-380E-44F6-A2AD-E2DDF0C827C4

The hybrid wrangler is cool but Chrysler has never been a huge hybrid manufacturer. I would have zero interest in one outside the warranty period.

Last edited:

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm down with the plug in hybrid. The new Wagoneer is too expensive and too big for my tastes. I'll pass.

Chanman3123

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just announced:

- 4xE electric plug in hybrids
- 4xE Wrangler with quiet engine, good torque, and 50mpge!
- Grand Wagoneer ($100k+, I wanna see that version of the Bronco)

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!

Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? 694B8B14-380E-44F6-A2AD-E2DDF0C827C4

Its a Suburban! Blah

Sponsored
OP
OP
Edelfin

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That wagoneer is ugly af IMO. Total miss, I was expecting it to be way more retro.

The hybrid wrangler is cool but Chrysler has never been a huge hybrid manufacturer. I would have zero interest in one outside the warranty period.
That's a great point! I would trust Toyota with hybrids over Chrysler. I've had the newer Prius for years and have never had an issue, but if I ever had to replace the battery... I would have to spend a Grand Wagoneer amount of money!

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Their hybrid minivan is actually really highly rated
But yeah it's a minivan

bronco38

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wrangler 4xE is definitely interesting.

If we don’t hear more compelling info about the Bronco might be a tough choice. Especially in California when gas is priced high, free charging stations at work, tax credits, and it’s available in Dec.

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They got a hybrid to market by December...that's impressive. Should give Bronco time to see how the competition fares in the real world. It does make it appealing as a commuter. I wonder how long the charge will last once you hit the trail though.

The Grand Wagoneer was hilarious...we get it...it's a Dodge Ram SUV. It was so cringey though to have all the dog whistles about the Wagoneer not being for the poors. But I get it, they're not a luxury brand, so they have to try to cram in a bunch of buzz words to get people over the image of MOPAR.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ok, hybrid jeeps. i'm not completely ready for plug in anything just yet because our home isn't set up for it.
the wagoneer is ugly and i don't see how it would compete with a bronco. compete more with the lincoln navigator or aviator or even range rover depending the size. is FCA pushing jeep to make luxury models now? be a complete brand of it's own versus and FCA offroad brand?

OP
OP
Edelfin

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Wrangler 4xE is definitely interesting.

If we don’t hear more compelling info about the Bronco it might be a tough choice. Especially in California when gas is high, free charging stations at work, tax credits, and it’s available in Dec.
Yeah, it's oddly the same in Texas! Free charging stations everywhere and Tesla is investing heavily in my area. If the mpg for the non-hybrid Bronco is embarrassingly low then I'll wait. Save money in the long run and might get a better vehicle. Car manufacturers are also lobbying to increase the tax rebate and the amount of people who can claim them, so who knows!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will look at the hybrid when the price comes out for it. It definitely has my interest and the fact that they will be available by year end is a smart move for jeep. Guess I will see when the b&p comes out for the bronco.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ok, hybrid jeeps. i'm not completely ready for plug in anything just yet because our home isn't set up for it.
the wagoneer is ugly and i don't see how it would compete with a bronco. compete more with the lincoln navigator or aviator or even range rover depending the size. is FCA pushing jeep to make luxury models now? be a complete brand of it's own versus and FCA offroad brand?
It makes more sense as a Chrysler, but I think they're going to kill Chrysler soon. They know they can't build a portfolio to compete with the likes of Cadillac and Lincoln. Jeep is a really strong brand that can have a niche in the luxury market. It's actually a smart move, IMO.
Sponsored