Sponsored

Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That wagoneer is ugly af IMO. Total miss, I was expecting it to be way more retro. I know it wasn’t going to be exactly like this because obviously it’s a full size but I was expecting at least for it to take some cues.
694B8B14-380E-44F6-A2AD-E2DDF0C827C4.png

The hybrid wrangler is cool but Chrysler has never been a huge hybrid manufacturer. I would have zero interest in one outside the warranty period.
Surprised at how blah the Grand Wagoneer is - to me it says Navigator much more than it says Wagoneer. Looks like a home run on the interior when it's optioned out (McIntosh audio in a car!), which is what the folks dropping 6 figures for luxury SUV's want, but really disappointed with the exterior given (IMO) how attractive the original was. It's still in a prototype stage so maybe they can tweak the look between now and production, who knows.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Grand Wagoneer is a complete flop in my mind. In a few years i might be in the market for a large SUV but the Grand Wagoneer won't be in the running. As for the PHEV wrangler its very tempting, but 30 mile electric range is awful for a 2021 vehicle. As a Tesla owner range is never what they say and chargers are still to slow and hard to find to allow the driver to push it to the limits
It's actually 25 miles, according to Jeep.

Mpixel

Badlands
First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Toyota Camry, 1999 Nissan Pathfinder, 2015 VW Jetta, 2019 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the Wagoneer and if it wasn't for that steep price, I wouldn't mind switching to it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't even begin to understand the fascination with hybrids

You're paying more to save some gas, where unless you own it for years and tons of miles, won't recoup the difference.

What am I missing?
The $7,500 tax credit.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also this thing only has a 2.5Kw charger. Gonna take 12 hours to charge it full. No super charger for this thing.
This is actually a very important thing to point out and understand as a buyer. It's basically a trickle charger compared to other available PHEV options out right now.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For sure. Will probably be a higher bump then the EcoDiesel.
It will definitely cost more - but should also be eligible for a tax credit until Jeep/FCA/Stellaris/whatever exceeds a sales threshold. Right now - at MSRP - the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is ~$6K more than the non-Hybrid but eligible for a $7,500 tax rebate. There are some more differences between those Pacifica's than just the powertrain that requires more drill-down but just showing what the ballpark is.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just announced:

- 4xE electric plug in hybrids for Renegade & Compass
- 4xE Wrangler with quiet engine, good torque, and 50mpge!
- Grand Wagoneer ($60k-100k, I wanna see that version of the Bronco)

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!

Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? thats-what-she-said

Hard pass on all of that, thanks. Hopefully it will lure away some of the people with one foot out the door already anyway.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forget the fuel efficiency of the hybrid. It is capable of driving either exclusively (almost) on gas or exclusively on the electric motor. The beauty of this thing will be the ability to drive to the trail on gas, then do the really difficult wheeling obstacles on electricity. If you’ve never driven an EV, you won’t probably get it, but the ability to modulate torque is light years ahead of combustion engines. There is no revving or dealing with wheel-spin. You can easily just hold it right on an obstacle and then get max torque while easily maintaining complete control. If the 4xE was available with the manual transmission, I’d get it. But I’m 100% sure it will be paired only with the auto.
And at idle there's no waste of fuel and you could run the aC for hours and only lose 1-6% of power

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A few things...

One: if you're in stop and go traffic alot, it's nice to be in all electric mode to save the cost on idling your car.

Two: If your commute is short enough, you could theoretically go to work and back on electric alone...saving on gas or time lost fueling up.

Three: As others have mentioned, you can have the 100% electric torque available when you need it. It's sort of like a bottle of nitro.

It's got it's appeals, especially as we bridge the gap between ICE and Electric. You get to enjoy the benefits of an electric vehicle for a short window and then go back to having an ICE vehicle...less of a compromise for many people.
Reasonable arguments, but how many years of idling does it take to pay for the higher cost of the hybrid? Serious question, I get the passion, but it does not always make economic sense.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry but I'd be close to saying that I'll be dead before I ever drive anything made by FCA. Most anyone close to me that I've seen own Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler products have been extremely dissatisfied with their reliability. From leaky roof panels/windshield and squealing cat noises coming from the vents in a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited that was my coworker's brand new vehicle, to the notorious transmission issues in Dodge pickups my friends owned, to random electronic gadgets giving out before their time on a new RAM that another of my coworkers owns, they are money pits. If FCA can't get the simple things right, how in the world are they going to get hybrid products right? We all know what Fiat stands for anyway....
3tbz7f.jpg

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reasonable arguments, but how many years of idling does it take to pay for the higher cost of the hybrid? Serious question, I get the passion, but it does not always make economic sense.
I think beyond the fuel savings is savings on engine hours. Your fluid life lasts longer and it's less wear on the engine. Now, what that means in terms of cost, I guess it depends on the vehicle.

The same could be said for diesel. Many people buy it simply for the torque...now, the actual times they needed that torque vs. initial cost and maintenance is usually unbalanced as well.

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's actually 25 miles, according to Jeep.
From my experience with Tesla they recommend you only charge to 80% or 20 miles in the wranglers case. Then you add in real world/cold weather inefficiencies I would bet the practical electrical only range is 15-18 miles. I have to accept the fact that the 4Xe not an electric vehicle, but a more efficient gas wrangler.

Ford can you release the build and price now so I can get back to talking about something truly exciting.
Sponsored