Sponsored

Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is all pretty funny if you ask me. Jeep is doing exactly what any competitor would do when their competition has been absent from the market for 25 years and you have 4+ years to prepare for their Re-entry: simply take the airspace with proven products you can touch, see, drive and buy now, and adding variants. It’s not panic, it is planning.

They are already in the market, they are beating Ford to the punch with not just the Hybrid, but the Hybrid before the regular Bronco comes off the line, and we’ll see more interesting variants (Mojave, Mohavicon, V8, etc.).

While we’re at it, if you want to tow more than 3500lbs, go crawling, and take the top and doors off - there is exactly one vehicle available: a Gladiator.

Yes it is driven partially due to pending competition. But hey who wins? We do because we have more choices of adventure vehicles and capabilities to choose from, and at some point in 2022 that competition will start getting us more capability for the money.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wagoneer is a minivan, total failure. Though I guess it will look good alongside the 6 other minivans not named Wrangler/Gladiator.

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4XE looks interesting for sure but is it offered only in 4 door? Also when the battery runs out then I have a feeling the gas engine is not going to be that powerful. The hype is kind of hard to get through.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well... it makes it not a minivan lol
I suppose technically. But it’s like buying a pony car without a V8. I mean you can if you just want the looks but don’t care about the meat.

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco is going to lose some people to the 4xe and 8cyl just saying!

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco is going to lose some people to the 4xe and 8cyl just saying!
If the 8 cyl happens I will end my disdain for all things Jeep in a skinny second. I don’t even care. whoever gives me the first open top 4x4 V8 has my money.

Sponsored

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It makes more sense as a Chrysler, but I think they're going to kill Chrysler soon. They know they can't build a portfolio to compete with the likes of Cadillac and Lincoln. Jeep is a really strong brand that can have a niche in the luxury market. It's actually a smart move, IMO.
Hey! Chrysler makes some S.E.X.Y. minivans. Everytime I see a soccer-mom driving one, All I think about is if my Bronco will fit up in that ;)

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That wagoneer is ugly af IMO. Total miss, I was expecting it to be way more retro. I know it wasn’t going to be exactly like this because obviously it’s a full size but I was expecting at least for it to take some cues.
Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? 52AEA0F3-34E6-413A-BFA8-CA9035F07BE1

The hybrid wrangler is cool but Chrysler has never been a huge hybrid manufacturer. I would have zero interest in one outside the warranty period.
Total miss. The old school one is so sick. This could have been the bronco competition. A little bigger with IFS, and third row seating. Or compete with the land cruiser. The new grill looks good, but that’s about it. Otherwise, it’s pretty vanilla.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Total miss. The old school one is so sick. This could have been the bronco competition. A little bigger with IFS, and third row seating. Or compete with the land cruiser. The new grill looks good, but that’s about it. Otherwise, it’s pretty vanilla.
Grand Wagoneer was never going to compete with the Bronco, that's not their intended market. They want a share of the people buying loaded Navigators and Escalades and such, and the significantly higher profit margin they bring.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just have to say, I'm disappointed there's no green color

Jeep brought it back as a gloss (Gecko)

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Grand Wagoneer was never going to compete with the Bronco, that's not their intended market. They want a share of the people buying loaded Navigators and Escalades and such, and the significantly higher profit margin they bring.
Well name it something different.

the Grand Mallcrawler works better.

Tired of seeing SUVs that have potential get ruined with IRS.
Sponsored