Sponsored

Anyone else concerned about getting burned with "first to market" pricing?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Always tough to negotiate a discount on a new model with a lot of hype. I have purchased a number of vehicles in that category with zero regrets. I paid a bit more but the enjoyment was more than worth it.

Why wait? You should already get preapproved for the loan through your bank so you know their terms. Then when you go to the dealership you know who has the better offer and go with it right then.
Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
96 months finance my God! that's ton of interest

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saved 10k on my AT4 by waiting 6 months.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not as worried about overpaying because Ford is trying to get the dealers to hold the line and not charge over invoice.

Financing for 96 months? That's insane.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
This right here. The myth of 1st model lemon doesn't hold up to empirical data.
I strongly disagree, just about every second and third year model in existence has changes made to correct issues on first year issues.
Even if the manufacturer doesn’t admit there are problems the forums will be full of examples, I again point a strong finger at the Fiesta and Focus transmission, though build quality issues on the new explorer are also good examples.

There will be issues with first model year vehicles, it may work out that 80% of a specific failure are not showing up for 5-6 years after build but anyone that has worked in quality control or manufacturing can tell you changes have high possibility of issues. Entirely new vehicles doubly so.

FJ Cruisers for example have documented instances of body rips, few of those were detected after the first year of production but rather several years later.

‼The first few failures in any new vehicle essentially have all engineers on their toes ready to do failure analysis and determine if it will be a one-off failure or if other vehicles may go xx,xxx miles without failure. All the while this data leads to production changes that eliminate these weak spots in future production.‼

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First off I never pay over 2.99% APR on a financed vehicle through Infuze Credit Union in Waynesville, MO. You're welcome Infuze. Secondly, for the various reasons that many have already stated, I think it would be an almost absolute waste of money to buy any trim above the Black Diamond or Outer Banks, unless you are truly going to take your Badlands or Wildtrak ( $60K+) and do with them what they were made to do. Otherwise you're paying for a name. You know the vast majority of you will never, ever use the sway-bar disconnect nor will you ever need to. I also like creature comforts but not near enough to get even close to the $50k range. I think (depending on the costs of the options) that Base with Sasquatch or Big Bend with Sasquatch and Mid package will be the best value for the money. I mean, heck, even the Base with just the Sasquatch package is already more than capable of what most people will need their Bronco to do and more. Trust me guys, I want the Badlands. I really do, but depending on the options pricing at the lower trim levels, it may be a waste to get the higher trims.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, not at all.

This will be my second go at buying a newly released model. My first was a purchase in summer of 2003 of the 2004 Acura TSX. I still have the car and for the most part, it drives like it did when I first got it. I haven't had to do anything but standard maintenance and replacing of things like tires, brakes and the battery.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are looking at this vehicle and hoping to justify it as a good financial decision, just cancel your reservation now.

It's a toy, we will all overpay to have it first, and we will probably have to send it back for a couple of recalls.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Coo of Ford was interviewed by yahoo finance earlier this week and he said that the Bronco will be a mainstream vehicle and that they are aiming for large amount for sales. In other words they want a piece of the 240k ish sales per year of the wrangler.

At the moment since we do not have the Build and Price online yet we can not say if the bronco is definitively overpriced or not. The msrp are there and they seem to be around 3 - 4 k more than a comparable off road truck. It's in the high price range for this type of vehicle , but still cheaper than the new Defender.

On the Financing it also seem that they are looking at a 5.9 % ( the new Bronco Sport rate at the moment) . To me they are 2% over. They finance a F-150 at 3.9% Surely the % will go down.

The value will be dictated by the amount of sale, reliability, and performance plus or minus a few other things. One thing is for sure, they will loose value, by how much... this is the question.

I have been saying here on the Forum at a few occasion that, value for value , without emotions. It would probably be profitable to wait a few years to buy.

It's probably not what people on the forum want to read, and I will probably get a few thumb down for saying it.

That being said , I reserved one, and I don't plan on waiting! I totally understand the hype and I make the informed decision of being part of it.
So you are saying that the interest rate Ford is charging can be as high as 5.9% for Tier 1 borrowers? That’s pretty outrageous considering the cost of money today. Non promotional rates should be 2%-3% and realizing that Ford doesn’t need promo financing to help sell the Bronco

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope, not at all.

This will be my second go at buying a newly released model. My first was a purchase in summer of 2003 of the 2004 Acura TSX. I still have the car and for the most part, it drives like it did when I first got it. I haven't had to do anything but standard maintenance and replacing of things like tires, brakes and the battery.
Those 1st gen TSX’s were among the best ever built cars. We have a 2008 TSX that looks and drives every bit as good as the day we drove it off the dealer’s lot in March 2008. We will be selling our TSX after we acquire the Bronco as no need for 3 cars in the stable

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dear god, the thought of an interest rate of 5.9% makes me feel like crying a river of baby tears.
Sponsored