Sponsored

Anyone else concerned about getting burned with "first to market" pricing?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
So a hundred dollars difference a month and nearly $9k extra paid out in interest. You would have to be a moron, as I figured, to do 96 months.

If you can’t pay it off before warranty is up then you can’t afford it.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally new car purchases should include a down payment that is greater than the value the car loses as it leaves the lot and the monthly payments should be enough to never get upside down on the loan while paying it off before warranty expires.

Easier said on certain vehicles, for whatever reason everything I buy has a history of holding its value very well. I guess if you buy desirable vehicles they hold their value well.

I think anyone that buys a Bronco for $30k will see their vehicles value hold out a lot better than someone buying an Escape/Edge/Bronco sport for $30k.

Always a market for decent BOF SUVs.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those 1st gen TSX’s were among the best ever built cars. We have a 2008 TSX that looks and drives every bit as good as the day we drove it off the dealer’s lot in March 2008. We will be selling our TSX after we acquire the Bronco as no need for 3 cars in the stable
Absolutely! It's been the most reliable and fun to drive car that I've ever owned. My son is 13 so I'm planning to keep mine in the family.

The timing is just about perfect for me to get this new Bronco and I'm hoping it is also as reliable and fun to drive (or more fun) than my TSX has been.

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why wait? You should already get preapproved for the loan through your bank so you know their terms. Then when you go to the dealership you know who has the better offer and go with it right then.
No loan for me if I decide to buy a Bronco. Trade in+ cash. Dealers hate cash these days though. If they offered me 0% then maybe I would go for the loan and keep that money invested. I hate loans though.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am eligible for X-plan through the company I work for as well as the equivalent plan for Jeep. It seems historically, the Jeep Wrangler holds it value AMAZINGLY well, even 10+ year old Wranglers with 150k on them. Is anyone else a bit concerned that once all of these deliveries start to pump out and people are paying MSRP (or more), eventually the demand will slow and the later first year or potential "bug fixed" second year models will get deeper discounts and incentives?

I've never been a car collector guy and don't suspect that I'll make money back on this vehicle, but I certainly wouldn't want to lose massive value in it if the first year models that are top dollar end up being known as the problematic year with the second year ones being deeper discounted and include tweaks and adjustments that hold better in the market?
There is a risk, no doubt. In terms of first-year vs. follow on years, we will not benefit from those improvements. Those risks aside, Ford has been making trucks and SUVs for a while. There are some innovations on this vehicle, but I am counting on that experience and the LONG design cycle to have flushed out the major issues.

The opposite can also happen. To control costs, Ford will do cost-reduction projects. Some of these may have a positive effect, but some often just lessen the overall vehicle.

I have never made money on any car. Unless you hold it for 20+ years or purchase something very rare and desired (i.e. FordGT) and park it (garage dweller) I don't think cars have ever been a money maker.

To manage costs, we still have the ability to use X-Plan, negotiate with Dealers, and used dealers such as @Granger Ford who are making pretty competitive offers.

If your thinking is waiting until next year, or year three, costs go up typically and the cost today will not be the costs tomorrow.

Good luck! :)

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

First year of a model or a model change can be odd sometimes though.. My wife had a 2010 Mustang and it had so many things that they only had that one year that it was annoying to get parts for.

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to say, I really don't care what happens next year. Only the FE might be seen as an "investment" and only then if you park it in a warehouse and maintain it for 10 years or longer. Otherwise this is just a depreciating asset. I've worked hard all my life. I still have my 2001 gen 1 Tacoma TRD that I bought brand new and it still makes me happy when I drive it. I'm 60 so I probably won't drive my Bronco for 20 years but I will damn sure enjoy every minute I do. Life is too short to live for money. Just my .02.
Agree 100%!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No loan for me if I decide to buy a Bronco. Trade in+ cash. Dealers hate cash these days though. If they offered me 0% then maybe I would go for the loan and keep that money invested. I hate loans though.
Somehow I quoted your thread on my response instead of the one above it that I meant to. It was a response to his question.

Sorry if this was asked, but should we first see what the dealer is going to offer us in terms of financing? Then if it's something like 5.9%, tell them no and go get a loan elsewhere?

Sponsored

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Somehow I quoted your thread on my response instead of the one above it that I meant to. It was a response to his question.
Gotcha. I'll get pre approved beforehand. I've got a pretty good credit score so I don't think I'll have to rely on the crap 5.9% rate if that's what Ford wants. I've financed my first car with Ford at a 7% rate. Super high but I was dumb and it was my first loan. Started financing a Subaru at a 1.9% rate though a year ago. I definitely will check at a bank first this time though. With trade in and a down payment though, I should be able to get about 50-75% down.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I’ve contacted 2 local dealers and both responded with very mechanical answers about pricing over MSRP...”we don’t know it” and “Ford hasn’t told us”. What does that even mean? Is this just BS? I mean how many orders can @Granger Ford even accept?
@Granger Ford , what’s up? How many reservations do you have and is there a limit to how many orders one dealer can take?
Sponsored