Sponsored

Anyone else concerned about getting burned with "first to market" pricing?

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, I currently outright own a 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec AWD with no plans to get rid of it/trade it. It's an amazing daily driver. I do have my reservation in for a 4 door Wildtrek, mainly as a fun toy to play with in the mountains of WNC. I had already been thinking I'd be buying a diesel Rubicon or something like that, before the Ford Bronco release happened, in about 2021/22. I really like what they did and it will force Jeep to step up for sure. I'm assuming this will be both in features/innovation and pricing.

I am eligible for X-plan through the company I work for as well as the equivalent plan for Jeep. It seems historically, the Jeep Wrangler holds it value AMAZINGLY well, even 10+ year old Wranglers with 150k on them. Is anyone else a bit concerned that once all of these deliveries start to pump out and people are paying MSRP (or more), eventually the demand will slow and the later first year or potential "bug fixed" second year models will get deeper discounts and incentives?

I've never been a car collector guy and don't suspect that I'll make money back on this vehicle, but I certainly wouldn't want to lose massive value in it if the first year models that are top dollar end up being known as the problematic year with the second year ones being deeper discounted and include tweaks and adjustments that hold better in the market?

What are other people's thoughts on this?
My concern continues to be that Ford 'launched' the Bronco in July 2020, but won't be starting deliveries until late Spring/June for a 2021 model year. New' car models come out in Aug/Sept each year. So, my concern is we are buying a model that will become 1 year old after maybe only having it from June -Aug/Sept. I am a loyal Ford customer for many years, but still cannot understand how they would 'launch' a vehicle in July 2020 and then make customers that have a reservation wait a whole another year for a 2021 model to take delivery? They should give current reservation holders a 2022 and just start with model year 2022 if deliveries may not be until June. Then, continue the 2022 model year deliveries in the Fall of 2021.
Sponsored

Last edited:

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, I currently outright own a 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec AWD with no plans to get rid of it/trade it. It's an amazing daily driver. I do have my reservation in for a 4 door Wildtrek, mainly as a fun toy to play with in the mountains of WNC. I had already been thinking I'd be buying a diesel Rubicon or something like that, before the Ford Bronco release happened, in about 2021/22. I really like what they did and it will force Jeep to step up for sure. I'm assuming this will be both in features/innovation and pricing.

I am eligible for X-plan through the company I work for as well as the equivalent plan for Jeep. It seems historically, the Jeep Wrangler holds it value AMAZINGLY well, even 10+ year old Wranglers with 150k on them. Is anyone else a bit concerned that once all of these deliveries start to pump out and people are paying MSRP (or more), eventually the demand will slow and the later first year or potential "bug fixed" second year models will get deeper discounts and incentives?

I've never been a car collector guy and don't suspect that I'll make money back on this vehicle, but I certainly wouldn't want to lose massive value in it if the first year models that are top dollar end up being known as the problematic year with the second year ones being deeper discounted and include tweaks and adjustments that hold better in the market?

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have already given myself a limit. 40k plus tax. It’s not that much, but more than that would be irresponsible for me. I love It , but if it doesn’t work out, so be it, There are other cars, and I’m guessing given the initial demand, other manufacturers will be rushing similar cars to market.

Also, I refuse to pay a nickel over MSRP Just on principle., and as long as other people are willing to this shady practice will continue. There’s probably 2 dozen dealers in a short drive from here.. If this falls through I’m sure there will be great deals on Jeeps.

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have already given myself a limit. 40k plus tax. It’s not that much, but more than that would be irresponsible for me. I love It , but if it doesn’t work out, so be it, There are other cars, and I’m guessing given the initial demand, other manufacturers will be rushing similar cars to market.

Also, I refuse to pay a nickel over MSRP Just on principle., and as long as other people are willing to this shady practice will continue. There’s probably 2 dozen dealers in a short drive from here.. If this falls through I’m sure there will be great deals on Jeeps.
Agree. I have same limit as you. Ford needs to price this vehicle and options right, especially in first year for reservation holders.

Sponsored

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canada Ford . ca page (you can do on Ford . com also )
Select the bronco model page you want
Select Shop
Select payment estimator

This is what I get

Ford Bronco Anyone else concerned about getting burned with "first to market" pricing? estimated

Tell me I will not be paying 7% please ...

But I would not be surprised since the 4runner trd pro is financing at the same rate here!

I hope this is not final !

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dear god, the thought of an interest rate of 5.9% makes me feel like crying a river of baby tears.
The thought of having a car payment interest rate higher than my mortgage interest rate would make me puke!

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My concern continues to be that Ford 'launched' the Bronco in July 2020, but won't be starting deliveries until late Spring/June for a 2021 model year. New' car models come out in Aug/Sept each year. So, my concern is we are buying a model that will become 1 year old after maybe only having it from June -Aug/Sept. I am a loyal Ford customer for many years, but still cannot understand how they would 'launch' a vehicle in July 2020 and then make customers that have a reservation wait a whole another year for a 2021 model to take delivery? They should give current reservation holders a 2022 and just start with model year 2022 if deliveries may not be until June. Then, continue the 2022 model year deliveries in the Fall of 2021.
Can't agree more

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
will people actually pay MSRP?

Txbeerrealtor

Wildtrak
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 2017 GLE 350 4M
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am a firm believer in the fact that you can never pay too much, you can only pay too soon.

Sponsored

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m rationalizing trading in my perfectly reliable daily with the fact that the Bronco, like many others in the off road 4x4 market will hold its value extremely well. Looking at Raptors, 4runners and Wranglers gives me a lot of confidence that I won’t have to worry to much about it being worth a slurpee and a handshake in 5 years.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From a purely financial perspective, I’ve often marveled at how much people pay for a new car and then trade it in in two or three years after a massive rate of depreciation, buy a new one, repeat. Short of having a business or tax reason to do so, please explain why that makes financial sense. Sure there is an emotional component of driving the newest and best model but that is a separate issue.

I fully expect to pay a bit more then the people who buy in year two or three. So I guess that is technically a bad financial decision. I don’t feel bad about it. The benefits of getting what I want and enjoying it are worth the extra I might pay.

If I was making a pure financial decision for transportation I doubt I would be getting a Bronco or would have bought any of the other vehicles I own.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m rationalizing trading in my perfectly reliable daily with the fact that the Bronco, like many others in the off road 4x4 market will hold its value extremely well. Looking at Raptors, 4runners and Wranglers gives me a lot of confidence that I won’t have to worry to much about it being worth a slurpee and a handshake in 5 years.
Another example that you missed is the extinct Toyota FJ Cruiser

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From a purely financial perspective, I’ve often marveled at how much people pay for a new car and then trade it in in two or three years after a massive rate of depreciation, buy a new one, repeat. Short of having a business or tax reason to do so, please explain why that makes financial sense. Sure there is an emotional component of driving the newest and best model but that is a separate issue.

I fully expect to pay a bit more then the people who buy in year two or three. So I guess that is technically a bad financial decision. I don’t feel bad about it. The benefits of getting what I want and enjoying it are worth the extra I might pay.

If I was making a pure financial decision for transportation I doubt I would be getting a Bronco or would have bought any of the other vehicles I own.
If I was thinking in those terms, I'd probably still have my 05 Supercrew. It would have long since been paid off and have somewhere around 80k on it. I never seem to get too attached and bought 9 more vehicles since then and will always have a payment.

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm concerned that their isn't a lot of haggling to be done and dealer hopping available, the other thing is that this vehicle won't qualify for their low to 0 interest rate they are actually running now because they can't sell chit.
Sponsored