Sponsored

Anyone else concerned about getting burned with "first to market" pricing?

OP
OP
chappyja_WNC

chappyja_WNC

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It will be interesting to see what Jeep does when these things start showing up on lots. Maybe some deeper discounts in addition to making some decent design changes to keep up with what the Bronco is bringing that Jeep hasn't? (body mounted mirrors, 35" tires from the factory, etc.).
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm concerned that their isn't a lot of haggling to be done and dealer hopping available, the other thing is that this vehicle won't qualify for their low to 0 interest rate they are actually running now because they can't sell chit.
If you use X plan, there's NO haggling whatsoever. There's one set price. I have feeling the dealer aspect will come back to haunt Ford. Some dealers will pull some last minute sh$t and the customer will be stuck or have to walk away. Ford is sure to hear plenty of grief.

OP
OP
chappyja_WNC

chappyja_WNC

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you use X plan, there's NO haggling whatsoever. There's one set price. I have feeling the dealer aspect will come back to haunt Ford. Some dealers will pull some last minute sh$t and the customer will be stuck or have to walk away. Ford is sure to hear plenty of grief.
They always try to stick in those dealer add-ons that are useless to the consumer, like etched glass and cheap window tinting, etc. The Acura dealer I bought my RDX from had a whole package of crap that was like $1,000 and they said it was mandatory and they do if for every car they sell as a standard to protect the consumer. I was like "yeah right, I'll go somewhere else..." and all of a sudden it wasn't mandatory stuff any more, especially since my vehicle wasn't even at their dealership yet. I know this is pretty standard practice for some dealers, but it definitely made me feel like they were just trying to scam - and I felt bad for all the people that don't call the bluff and pay for that stuff.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll wait for around 5k off at least. Probably 2022.

Davmust

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have to say, I really don't care what happens next year. Only the FE might be seen as an "investment" and only then if you park it in a warehouse and maintain it for 10 years or longer. Otherwise this is just a depreciating asset. I've worked hard all my life. I still have my 2001 gen 1 Tacoma TRD that I bought brand new and it still makes me happy when I drive it. I'm 60 so I probably won't drive my Bronco for 20 years but I will damn sure enjoy every minute I do. Life is too short to live for money. Just my .02.
I'll be 66 when I get mine next year. Can't wait to retire and go off-roading till I die.

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From a purely financial perspective, I’ve often marveled at how much people pay for a new car and then trade it in in two or three years after a massive rate of depreciation, buy a new one, repeat. Short of having a business or tax reason to do so, please explain why that makes financial sense. Sure there is an emotional component of driving the newest and best model but that is a separate issue.

I fully expect to pay a bit more then the people who buy in year two or three. So I guess that is technically a bad financial decision. I don’t feel bad about it. The benefits of getting what I want and enjoying it are worth the extra I might pay.

If I was making a pure financial decision for transportation I doubt I would be getting a Bronco or would have bought any of the other vehicles I own.
No kidding, "financial sense" never goes along with buying a new vehicle. I am definitely in the group you 'marvel at' for being dumb, but I am not rolling negative equity into each vehicle or doing a cash-out refinancing on my home to pay for it (like that one thread I have read twice and regretted both times...). I buy (not lease) as I like to own what I am driving and always have a brief hope that I will hold onto that vehicle for longer than the prior 10 or so of them. But then the next cool thing comes out and I want that instead.

So I think I am allowed to be dumb since I pay cash and not at risk of not being able to feed my dogs today because I bought a Bronco for MSRP. This stuff is supposed to be "fun" for this type of enthusiast vehicle. If this was a forum for the latest Nissan Sentra then the focus should be on how to pay the least possible for that appliance. But it is for an inefficient bumpy-riding box of enjoyment that we should be thankful is even an option at an affordable price.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No kidding, "financial sense" never goes along with buying a new vehicle. I am definitely in the group you 'marvel at' for being dumb, but I am not rolling negative equity into each vehicle or doing a cash-out refinancing on my home to pay for it (like that one thread I have read twice and regretted both times...). I buy (not lease) as I like to own what I am driving and always have a brief hope that I will hold onto that vehicle for longer than the prior 10 or so of them. But then the next cool thing comes out and I want that instead.

So I think I am allowed to be dumb since I pay cash and not at risk of not being able to feed my dogs today because I bought a Bronco for MSRP. This stuff is supposed to be "fun" for this type of enthusiast vehicle. If this was a forum for the latest Nissan Sentra then the focus should be on how to pay the least possible for that appliance. But it is for an inefficient bumpy-riding box of enjoyment that we should be thankful is even an option at an affordable price.
This part.

"So I think I am allowed to be dumb since I pay cash and not at risk of not being able to feed my dogs today because I bought a Bronco for MSRP. This stuff is supposed to be "fun" for this type of enthusiast vehicle. "

I don't think this is dumb. If you have the money, enjoy it. Most of the time I find myself being more curious about what shapes a decision rather than judging it for being the "right decision". Learning how people think is interesting.

Decades ago for decades, my wife's grandfather went to the same Cadillac dealer every two years and bought the newest and best thing out. He paid cash, didn't get had, and the dealer knew he was coming. One time I asked him why he did it. He had two reasons; he liked Cadillacs and he liked giving gifts. He would give his old one to one of his kids and get himself a new one. They all drove low mileage slightly used nice Cadillacs. Was this a good financial decision? You be the judge.

Sadly, my father-in-law did not continue the same program.

KN-CT

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XK, Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I currently outright own a 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec AWD with no plans to get rid of it/trade it. It's an amazing daily driver. I do have my reservation in for a 4 door Wildtrek, mainly as a fun toy to play with in the mountains of WNC. I had already been thinking I'd be buying a diesel Rubicon or something like that, before the Ford Bronco release happened, in about 2021/22. I really like what they did and it will force Jeep to step up for sure. I'm assuming this will be both in features/innovation and pricing.

I am eligible for X-plan through the company I work for as well as the equivalent plan for Jeep. It seems historically, the Jeep Wrangler holds it value AMAZINGLY well, even 10+ year old Wranglers with 150k on them. Is anyone else a bit concerned that once all of these deliveries start to pump out and people are paying MSRP (or more), eventually the demand will slow and the later first year or potential "bug fixed" second year models will get deeper discounts and incentives?

I've never been a car collector guy and don't suspect that I'll make money back on this vehicle, but I certainly wouldn't want to lose massive value in it if the first year models that are top dollar end up being known as the problematic year with the second year ones being deeper discounted and include tweaks and adjustments that hold better in the market?

What are other people's thoughts on this?

KN-CT

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XK, Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm fairly certain the new Broncos will hold their resale value. However, I do feel I put a deposit down for the privilege of paying full price. Could be wrong, but I'm not expecting any discounts or incentives.

Sponsored

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm seeing 5.9% for the Bronco Sport (through Ford) for an 84 month loan term. It drops to 1.9% for 60 months. 0% for 36 and 48 month terms.
Where are you seeing this... I’m a Sport buyer, and I spoke with Ford Financing and they said none of those online articles are a real thing. Not an argument, just hoping this is a Ford information source I can reference not the motor trend type conjecture. Thanks in advance to anyone for helping.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the best we can hope for is x plan, a slight discount under MSRP and no required add ons. I was reading an article on how car sales were down but net profits for automakers hadn't moved much because of two reasons: 1) Gas prices are low which means 2) People that are buying vehicles are getting larger vehicles. I figure you factor those two in with the fact that trucks went from a pure utility vehicle to a luxury utility vehicle and it makes for a crazy market for both new and used vehicles.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I currently outright own a 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec AWD with no plans to get rid of it/trade it. It's an amazing daily driver. I do have my reservation in for a 4 door Wildtrek, mainly as a fun toy to play with in the mountains of WNC. I had already been thinking I'd be buying a diesel Rubicon or something like that, before the Ford Bronco release happened, in about 2021/22. I really like what they did and it will force Jeep to step up for sure. I'm assuming this will be both in features/innovation and pricing.

I am eligible for X-plan through the company I work for as well as the equivalent plan for Jeep. It seems historically, the Jeep Wrangler holds it value AMAZINGLY well, even 10+ year old Wranglers with 150k on them. Is anyone else a bit concerned that once all of these deliveries start to pump out and people are paying MSRP (or more), eventually the demand will slow and the later first year or potential "bug fixed" second year models will get deeper discounts and incentives?

I've never been a car collector guy and don't suspect that I'll make money back on this vehicle, but I certainly wouldn't want to lose massive value in it if the first year models that are top dollar end up being known as the problematic year with the second year ones being deeper discounted and include tweaks and adjustments that hold better in the market?

What are other people's thoughts on this?
No, not at all. In fact, those of us who reserve, order, and get the first round of the new 6G Bronco are more likely to get better deals than those who wait to pick them up on the lots a few months after the dealerships start getting stocked. People who wait are very likely to pay insane markups on the new Bronco. Whether this new generation of Broncos will be problem children or not is anybody's guess. We'll just have to wait and see.

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Every vehicle is overpriced now days anyway. Got to pay to play. I've always been extremely conservative with my dollars, but chose to buy a Bronco because I'm going to wake up one day an old man, not being able to enjoy all the money I saved up. I'm getting in the game on this one, going to make some memories for me and my kids. I'm not waiting three years to possibly save a few extra bucks this time!

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not worried. If I go with Base with 2.7, it's like buying a cheaper house in an upscale neighborhood..... it's value will be boosted by all the higher trim models. And besides, I'll likely keep forever just like my 1991 F-150 Nite.
Sponsored