Sponsored

Anyone else concerned about getting burned with "first to market" pricing?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve contacted 2 local dealers and both responded with very mechanical answers about pricing over MSRP...”we don’t know it” and “Ford hasn’t told us”. What does that even mean? Is this just BS? I mean how many orders can @Granger Ford even accept?
@Granger Ford , what’s up? How many reservations do you have and is there a limit to how many orders one dealer can take?
I do not know if Zach has a cap in mind...

We will deliver as many Broncos as humanly possible, so do not worry we will make room in the Granger Bronco Corral for all that want... :cool:
Sponsored

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I do not know if Zach has a cap in mind...

We will deliver as many Broncos as humanly possible, so do not worry we will make room in the Granger Bronco Corral for all that want... :cool:
You guys are awesome

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was jumping on the bandwagon at the reveal, I could see the concern. For me, I've wanted this dang thing since 2004 - when they debuted the concept.

I kept waiting for the Bronco to move from concept to production.

2004, I had 1 kid and 1 on the way - but would have made it work.

16 years later, I've got one adult child off to college and one in late high school. This is my time.

Personally, I've just learned my brother's repair shop has such a close relationship with Ford, I can get D-Plan pricing. Everything is coming up 'tyrobronco'.

Even if I was paying MSRP (ADM was NEVER an option), I'd be okay - because I'm at a stage in life where time is more important than money.

If I was in my 20's - I'd definitely consider holding off for a year+ and picking up a gently used model for the cheap.

But I am ready to start traveling today - and July 2021 can't get here fast enough.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be a drag if ford went like Toyota did the supra and gave it a 50 hp boost for year 2

Turbo engines make it really easy for them to edit power levels as needed. With only 40 go between the small and big motor there is some room for MOAR POWER

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be a drag if ford went like Toyota did the supra and gave it a 50 hp boost for year 2

Turbo engines make it really easy for them to edit power levels as needed. With only 40 go between the small and big motor there is some room for MOAR POWER
I bet they’ll offer the same or similar tune that they have for the 2.3L in the Ranger.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I strongly disagree, just about every second and third year model in existence has changes made to correct issues on first year issues.
Even if the manufacturer doesn’t admit there are problems the forums will be full of examples, I again point a strong finger at the Fiesta and Focus transmission, though build quality issues on the new explorer are also good examples.

There will be issues with first model year vehicles, it may work out that 80% of a specific failure are not showing up for 5-6 years after build but anyone that has worked in quality control or manufacturing can tell you changes have high possibility of issues. Entirely new vehicles doubly so.

FJ Cruisers for example have documented instances of body rips, few of those were detected after the first year of production but rather several years later.

‼The first few failures in any new vehicle essentially have all engineers on their toes ready to do failure analysis and determine if it will be a one-off failure or if other vehicles may go xx,xxx miles without failure. All the while this data leads to production changes that eliminate these weak spots in future production.‼
The 20 Explorer is a good example of this. I just saw today that the 21 pricing will be significantly lower than the 20. The ST will start about $2100 lower and have some interior upgrades and Platinum will be about $3800 less.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If I was jumping on the bandwagon at the reveal, I could see the concern. For me, I've wanted this dang thing since 2004 - when they debuted the concept.

I kept waiting for the Bronco to move from concept to production.

2004, I had 1 kid and 1 on the way - but would have made it work.

16 years later, I've got one adult child off to college and one in late high school. This is my time.

Personally, I've just learned my brother's repair shop has such a close relationship with Ford, I can get D-Plan pricing. Everything is coming up 'tyrobronco'.

Even if I was paying MSRP (ADM was NEVER an option), I'd be okay - because I'm at a stage in life where time is more important than money.

If I was in my 20's - I'd definitely consider holding off for a year+ and picking up a gently used model for the cheap.

But I am ready to start traveling today - and July 2021 can't get here fast enough.
I mostly agree with this. I don’t care about a discount or even a “good deal”. I just have a problem with a dealer charging me more than what Ford says the price is just because they can. Ford says the price is X and that’s what I expect to pay. I don’t find that unreasonable. Merica

Last edited:

Jay20NJ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 20 Explorer is a good example of this. I just saw today that the 21 pricing will be significantly lower than the 20. The ST will start about $2100 lower and have some interior upgrades and Platinum will be about $3800 less.

This is good to know.....I am almost thinking if another delay happens down the line with the Bronco that leads to an even crazier delivery date.....I'm just going to abandon ship and grab another Explorer....even though I've waited forever for the Bronco.

BroncoTRails

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my experience the main factor in determining new car depreciation (luxury brands excluded) is available factory rebates. So we need to hope that the Bronco will remain rare enough or desirable enough in those first few years so Ford doesn’t have to start giving out big rebates to push sales.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not really worried about resale, as someone else has mentioned Jeep quality is subpar, yet they hold their value really well. Generally, 4x4's/Off Roaders hold their value really well. With JEEP's quality issues and death wobble the Bronco may do better if no the same as Jeep, only time will tell. I will be getting the extended warranty.

Sponsored

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I currently outright own a 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec AWD with no plans to get rid of it/trade it. It's an amazing daily driver. I do have my reservation in for a 4 door Wildtrek, mainly as a fun toy to play with in the mountains of WNC. I had already been thinking I'd be buying a diesel Rubicon or something like that, before the Ford Bronco release happened, in about 2021/22. I really like what they did and it will force Jeep to step up for sure. I'm assuming this will be both in features/innovation and pricing.

I am eligible for X-plan through the company I work for as well as the equivalent plan for Jeep. It seems historically, the Jeep Wrangler holds it value AMAZINGLY well, even 10+ year old Wranglers with 150k on them. Is anyone else a bit concerned that once all of these deliveries start to pump out and people are paying MSRP (or more), eventually the demand will slow and the later first year or potential "bug fixed" second year models will get deeper discounts and incentives?

I've never been a car collector guy and don't suspect that I'll make money back on this vehicle, but I certainly wouldn't want to lose massive value in it if the first year models that are top dollar end up being known as the problematic year with the second year ones being deeper discounted and include tweaks and adjustments that hold better in the market?

What are other people's thoughts on this?
Just my 2 cents.....
it’s a car, not an investment
I share concern that maybe early buyers have no negotiating power, but that won’t stop me from buying
This isn’t a rational purchase for me...and luckily, my wife is ok with it!

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think there's too little facts and too many presuppositions being made.

Product Quality: The belief that first year products are poorer in quality is a myth - the manufacturing and quality processes today are significantly better than 10,20 or 30 years ago.

Pricing: The first year challenge is the 'product introduction' and reception by the market. the Explorer has been characterized by an abject failure. Compare that with the intro of the Expedition which was very good. The Explorer has been an important vehicle for Ford especially with exiting the passenger car market; therefore, if they didn't try to use pricing and packaging modifications to create demand/excitement the company become like Mercury - history.

Financing: Ford's primary business is manufacturing cars. They sold their rental car business (Hertz) and have modified financing to provide promotional marketing support. Perhaps Granger can provide some insight - I expect dealers have multiple financing options to support their customers. I will have my own financing arranged prior to delivery.

Until the production starts everything is a 'hypothesis'. Pricing isn't set, reservation deliveries may possibly slip into 2022 model year and there's still significant testing and refining prototypes. Ford was wise to have $100 to participate in the return of the Bronco.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there's too little facts and too many presuppositions being made.

Product Quality: The belief that first year products are poorer in quality is a myth - the manufacturing and quality processes today are significantly better than 10,20 or 30 years ago.

Pricing: The first year challenge is the 'product introduction' and reception by the market. the Explorer has been characterized by an abject failure. Compare that with the intro of the Expedition which was very good. The Explorer has been an important vehicle for Ford especially with exiting the passenger car market; therefore, if they didn't try to use pricing and packaging modifications to create demand/excitement the company become like Mercury - history.

Financing: Ford's primary business is manufacturing cars. They sold their rental car business (Hertz) and have modified financing to provide promotional marketing support. Perhaps Granger can provide some insight - I expect dealers have multiple financing options to support their customers. I will have my own financing arranged prior to delivery.

Until the production starts everything is a 'hypothesis'. Pricing isn't set, reservation deliveries may possibly slip into 2022 model year and there's still significant testing and refining prototypes. Ford was wise to have $100 to participate in the return of the Bronco.
Nothing to add, pretty much sums it up..

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At that rate it'd be wise to pursue your own financing vs going through the dealership

5.9 on a new car loan is mental
I second this. I’m sure Canada is the same but in US people need to check out local Credit Unions for new car loans if Ford will screw us on rates. Rates right now can go as low as 1.90% for 72 months at some Credit Unions(depending on credit score)
Sponsored