Sponsored

Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport? Since we have a long wait....

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've said earlier that the Badlands trim on the Sport is the only viable trim (for me) just for the 2.0L. But even though I dislike the 1.5L, some buyers are getting terrific mpg (near 30 in some cases). The picture that I posted earlier is a Base Sport with new wheels/tires. It has a fantastic look for a sub $30K vehicle that will get near 30 mpg.
My mom got an OBX sport and I'm shocked at the engine. Honestly, I could not believe it had that much oomph in a tiny engine.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My mom got an OBX sport and I'm shocked at the engine. Honestly, I could not believe it had that much oomph in a tiny engine.
I've not actually experienced it other than hearing it at idle when I begged the salesman to turn it off. It sounded terrible. But for a get around daily driver that doesn't look like all the other jellybeans, I could live with the neutered engine if I'm getting near 30mpg. I can't remember when I've had a vehicle that got near that.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you know that the sport has almost identical interior dimensions to the big bronco? The interior space is the same minus a slightly larger cargo hold on the big bronco

1lostCDN

Badlands
First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you know that the sport has almost identical interior dimensions to the big bronco? The interior space is the same minus a slightly larger cargo hold on the big bronco

Its amazing how much room there is inside the bronco sport. It's actually the most comfortable little suv for a guy of my size and the seats have to be some of the comfiest I've sat on. Personally I think ford did a great job on the sport and if I had to have a small suv I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Ford Bronco Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport?  Since we have a long wait.... 20210525_101604
Ford Bronco Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport?  Since we have a long wait.... 20210525_101622

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport?  Since we have a long wait.... 1622027737832

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its amazing how much room there is inside the bronco sport. It's actually the most comfortable little suv for a guy of my size and the seats have to be some of the comfiest I've sat on. Personally I think ford did a great job on the sport and if I had to have a small suv I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Ford Bronco Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport?  Since we have a long wait.... 1622027737832
Ford did a fine job but the engine is a joke, Chevy did the same thing to the trailblazer, tiny underpowered engine to try to force upgrades to other models. It should have had a 2.3 at the very least. I imagine it’s coming moving forward.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

heresy.

no

not once has it crossed my mind.

ever

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife bought a Sport when I was at the dealership converting my reservation in January. I am really surprised with the engine as well. It may be the lighter vehicle weight but she traded her GMC Acadia and the Sport feels much quicker and she has been averaging 25MPG compared to 18MPG in the GMC. We've taken the Sport out in the sand to play and it does really well for what it is. It will jump up to 85 on the interstate and feels solid on the windy roads around around our house. I don't know what else I would expect out of it. The only con versus the GMC is the towing capacity of 2k lbs. I've used the Sport to pull our Ski Natique (4k with the trailer and fuel) a few times and it does fine but we're in FL on flat roads.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, here’s a mini review/ commentary regarding our Badlands Sport now that we’ve had it for 3 weeks and have 1500 miles on it.

It’s great. It really is. MPG is holding steady at 25.5 with mixed driving that fits our normal routine. Not stellar for a 2.0L turbo, but given the way its geared and the aerodynamics (total lack of) that’s not bad at all. At times it feels like they should have put the 2.3L EB engine in it to give a bit more power, but it’s an illusion. Standard driving mode on the sport is relax and chill. Enabling different drive modes definitely changes things. Sport mode drives great and it’s obvious the engine has power to spare. But this also leads me to a complaint about fake engine noise. In sport mode, it pumps phony V8 engine tones through the speakers yet you can still hear the vacuum-like noise of the I4 and turbo whine over this. It’s so stupid. I don’t know which marketing “genius” thought this was necessary or would even be wanted, I’ll be disabling it via Forscan soon.

I have a service appointment next week as there’s a couple little things that need to be looked at. First off, we’re having trouble putting gas in the thing. It triggers the pump handle to click off constantly. No matter which gas station or pump we go to. It takes several attempts to get the handle inserted and held at just the right angle to keep this from happening. So I think something isn’t lined up right. The other issue we’re having is with the Auto Start/Stop. All was fine until about 3 days ago and now when the engine restarts there’s and audible rubbing noise and clunk re-engaging the drivetrain. So I’ve been making it a point to just click into sport mode rather than just turning off AutoStop since it’s more fun. Sport mode only seems to impact mileage by maybe 0.5MPG for normal driving. If that. I run it 30% of the time and we’re still showing 25.5MPG. Other than those two issues, all is well with the Sport and it’s super practical and kinda fun to drive since it handles like a little truck more than an SUV.

The Sport is no replacement for the full sized Bronco, but it’s insanely practical for a small SUV and probably the most capable of smaller SUVs once you go off the pavement. So much better than a Jeep Renegade, which is probably it’s closest functional competitor. Have not done any serious trail runs or off-road with it and that’s probably not in its immediate future. But it tears up poorly maintained BLM access roads with ease. Have not tried towing with it, but our kids put on our Thule hitch-mount 4-bike rack on it with their 2 bikes and said they could barely tell it was back there.
Sponsored