Sponsored

Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport? Since we have a long wait....

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What ? No . . . Defender or Willys/Mojave are the backup plans -Willys or Mojave being cheaper
Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
No.

If I wanted a CUV I'd get a Honda CRV or Toyata RAV4. As it is I own a Jeep Cherokee.

I don't see a real meaningful difference between any of those and the Bronco Sport.

All are front bias cars with AWD added after the front wheel drive development so they can easily cross platform the chassis and drivetrain with other sedans in their lineups (Jeep is not an exception since its used to cross platform with Fiat products).

So no I have never and will never consider a Bronco Sport as an option.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got a ‘Bronco’ sport marketing mailer in the mail today. Thanks for the free compost filler ford!!!

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES!

but not for me.

My kid fell in love with the Sport and has one on order so there will be one in the driveway. Its a cute little thing that will do just fine for its intended use.

If you're looking for a deal to fill the time while you wait look at something else. They're all marked up in So Cal and the only way to get into one below MSRP is to order and wait. Ford just issued a list of deadly sins that will delay anything except a Base or low optioned Sport to 2022.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife is considering one. We'd probably wait until MY22 though. Or at least until they sort out the production issues.

I saw one in person for the first time last week and actually like it a lot.
My long term watch on the Sport is if the SportHog ever comes to fruition. Levine was tweet trolling the SportHog during the Rebelle Rally last year. Another member here said they spied a test rig in AZ last year and when shown the render, he indicated that it looked like it. If they put the 2.3L in it (there is plenty of room even for the 2.7L), give it a lift and improve the suspension, then I'll have one parked next to my big Bronco.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

giphy.gif

Deleted member 3063

My long term watch on the Sport is if the SportHog ever comes to fruition. Levine was tweet trolling the SportHog during the Rebelle Rally last year. Another member here said they spied a test rig in AZ last year and when shown the render, he indicated that it looked like it. If they put the 2.3L in it (there is plenty of room even for the 2.7L), give it a lift and improve the suspension, then I'll have one parked next to my big Bronco.
The 2.3L is already an option in the Corsair so the engineering is done.
I think the 2.0L should have been an option on all BS models and the 2.3L for the Badlands.
2.3L for the Maverick, sure why not.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2.3L is already an option in the Corsair so the engineering is done.
I think the 2.0L should have been an option on all BS models and the 2.3L for the Badlands.
2.3L for the Maverick, sure why not.
The one thing about the engine bay in the Sport is there is a ton of room. The 1.5L is terrible. It is fine to get around town. But from what I understand the 2.0L and 2.3L occupy the same footprint. Seeing the room that is available, the 2.7L could even be squeezed in. But even with the 2.3L, improved suspension and lift, it would be a fun ride to zip around in.

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am guessing.... based on no knowledge or facts. I will get my 2022 Bronco in 18 months. I was thinking since the market is so crazy high on Trucks right now that I could trade my truck and get top value.. I could get into a Bronco Sport immediately. When my Bronco comes in... Trade the Bronco sport for the Bronco.

I have a slight history of having too little patience. I am unsure of the resale market on Bronco sport.... so Im not sure if Trading into a Bronco sport while I am waiting to get into the Bronco will be a wise financial decision.

No matter what I wont cancel my current reservation.
Just you and one other person.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For multiple reasons, no.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NO, and if I lost my mind and abandoned the long wait for a bronco now it would not be for the sport. Think Ranger or F150.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would've reserved a Bronco Sport day 1 (after my Bronco res of course!) IF I wasn't fixing up a 2009 Mariner for dirt road duty. I've spent way too much on Mariner parts to bail on it. Technology is worlds apart from the Mariner to a Bronco Sport but mechanically it should hold its own. Still want to test drive a Bronco Sport with the 2.0.
Sponsored