Sponsored

Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport? Since we have a long wait....

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only in rare situations would your existing truck depreciate MORE than the hit you will take by buying a temporary vehicle.

Buying a new car (or leasing) in the meantime is the worst financial choice a person can make.

Take the example....you buy something and in 18 months sell it for $1,000 less than you bought it. Would your truck have depreciated more than a grand in that same time period?

The only way it would make since, is ...

1) your current vehicle including gas and insurance is costing you a pretty good chunk of change per month. Getting rid of that liability and saving your money makes sense.

2) If you could find a replacement vehicle that was only a couple grand and reliable. For example some old honda civic or something. You would save on gas, insurance (because it was old) and chances are, since you are at the bottom already, you would not take a large hit on the resale.

The only real unknown is current vehicle breakdowns (e.g. your tranny or engine goes out) or some a-hole totals your truck because they were reading B6G while driving.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2) If you could find a replacement vehicle that was only a couple grand and reliable. For example some old honda civic or something. You would save on gas, insurance (because it was old) and chances are, since you are at the bottom already, you would not take a large hit on the resale.
I did this. I sold my F150 at a ridiculous price in January. Found an 09 Chevy Traverse AWD with 160k miles (one owner, had lots of service records) for $3500. My plan was to buy and trade it in when the Bronco comes as I didn't think I'd take too big of a hit on trade-in for it. I've since decided to keep it because I've already saved back what I spent to buy it.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m low key trying to convince a lady friend of mine to buy one instead of an RX350

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, thereā€™s a lot of hate in this room for the Sport... We ordered a Bronco Sport, not as a replacement or place holder for the real Bronco, but because we needed a small SUV. Should have it first week of May. That said, Iā€™ve test drove a couple Sports and got to take them off road. It compares very well to the Jeep Renegade. Unfortunately, if you do any off-road or mountain driving of any sort, you have to get the Badlands trim for the 2.0L engine. The 1.5L was too weak for my tastes, but I was rather surprised by the 2.0L. Aside from 30% more displacement, itā€™s just an all around better engine.

I get that Ford is trying to revitalize the Bronco brand, but the Sport is what the Escape should have become. But they decided to give it the Bronco name and some front-end style cues while slapping the Escape label on that car-like XUV.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am guessing.... based on no knowledge or facts. I will get my 2022 Bronco in 18 months. I was thinking since the market is so crazy high on Trucks right now that I could trade my truck and get top value.. I could get into a Bronco Sport immediately. When my Bronco comes in... Trade the Bronco sport for the Bronco.

I have a slight history of having too little patience. I am unsure of the resale market on Bronco sport.... so Im not sure if Trading into a Bronco sport while I am waiting to get into the Bronco will be a wise financial decision.

No matter what I wont cancel my current reservation.
Nobody knows what resale will be in 18 months. Right now all used cars and trucks are doing well. If you like it, pull the trigger. Its a decent looking little SUV.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am guessing.... based on no knowledge or facts. I will get my 2022 Bronco in 18 months. I was thinking since the market is so crazy high on Trucks right now that I could trade my truck and get top value.. I could get into a Bronco Sport immediately. When my Bronco comes in... Trade the Bronco sport for the Bronco.

I have a slight history of having too little patience. I am unsure of the resale market on Bronco sport.... so Im not sure if Trading into a Bronco sport while I am waiting to get into the Bronco will be a wise financial decision.

I'm worried if I got a Sport Badlands I might find that's all the off-roader I need and then not wanna spend the money on the Bronco Badlands. šŸ˜„

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm worried if I got a Sport Badlands I might find that's all the off-roader I need and then not wanna spend the money on the Bronco Badlands. šŸ˜„
If people are being honest with themselves, the Sport Badlands is all the off-roader that most will ever use.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I saw an Area 51 Bronco Sport Badlands today in the parking lot. Not bad at all. But yeah, buying it to trade in between a few months and a year later isn't wise.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, i think they are hideous honestly.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sport? No. I don't want to take the massive hit on depreciation when the big Bronco is a year away. I did, however, trade in for a '19 Cherokee Trailhawk. 2 model years old so it's got the biggest chunks of depreciation out of it now. With the used car market the way it is I'm not expecting another huge hit for the year I'll have it. Was able to get 2.9% on a used loan so not losing much to interest. The biggest ding to the equity that I'd built up in my paid off Camaro was sales tax.

Yes, I'm aware I could have gotten a 10-12 year old Wrangler with 3x times as many miles and a worse interest rate for the same price....but the Trailhawk will work just fine for some of the lighter trips I would have taken this summer had the Bronco been available to me.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just as an FYI I did purchase a new Bronco Sport and the msrp was 33k and drove it a few months and had almost 4k miles on it then sold it for 37k. Yes it sold used above window sticker. I can also say that it got off to a slow start but now as they hit the lot they sell within a few days (yes I work for a dealership). I actually miss the little Sport and am going to buy another 1 now to replace it. I'll stick with it until my actual Bronco is built, especiallyknowing the value will hold. Also Ford has 0 for 48, .9 for 60 months (can't recall what the 72 month rate was). I also got 28 to 30mpg with a lead foot. In my opinion it's a great price point for a smaller SUV that I felt handled pretty well. On steeper hills I could tell it was a 1.5 engine. I don't recommend trying to tow with it or race. Hopefully this helps.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great information on how much the Bronco Sports are selling. Thanks great news. I plan on keeping my Badlands until I can get my hands on an electric truck in late 22, or early 23. Yes Iā€™m an early reservation holder promised a 21 year. I hope they keep their value and keep selling like hot cakes!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just as an FYI I did purchase a new Bronco Sport and the msrp was 33k and drove it a few months and had almost 4k miles on it then sold it for 37k. Yes it sold used above window sticker. I can also say that it got off to a slow start but now as they hit the lot they sell within a few days (yes I work for a dealership). I actually miss the little Sport and am going to buy another 1 now to replace it. I'll stick with it until my actual Bronco is built, especiallyknowing the value will hold. Also Ford has 0 for 48, .9 for 60 months (can't recall what the 72 month rate was). I also got 28 to 30mpg with a lead foot. In my opinion it's a great price point for a smaller SUV that I felt handled pretty well. On steeper hills I could tell it was a 1.5 engine. I don't recommend trying to tow with it or race. Hopefully this helps.
Where did you find that stupid buyer...I have some swamp land to sell them.

Right now my local dealer has a dozen or more sports on the lot... They aren't rare by far, definitely not worth paying ADM and most definitely not worth paying over MSRP for used.
Sponsored