Sponsored

Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport? Since we have a long wait....

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got kicked out of the Facebook 2021 Bronco group over my opinion on this!
Yeah, they’re definitely NAZI’ish on that page when it comes to defending the Squirt. They really don’t like letting the children getting offended.
Sponsored

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went to buy one yesterday and after searching online for the model I wanted the dealer marked it up 4000 dollars. Not once when I called to put it on hold did the dealer say there was any mark up.

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think this one looks really good. Wish it was a Badlands though. Kodiak brown with bronze wheels. I also wish this color was available on the big Bronco.

Ford Bronco Anyone else considering getting into a Bronco Sport?  Since we have a long wait.... 1621784755399

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't want a Sport, but as I have at least 18-24 months before I get my BL's I went out and bought a 21' Ranger 4X4 Off Road in the Sport trim. I used D-Plan and paid cash (to minimize interest loss) and got it for less than a used 20 is going for. I needed something new and it had to be towable. The fact it has off road suspension & tires, and a rear locker is a plus, When the Bronco arrives it goes to Carvana or CarMax, should get back most of my money as long as used truck prices hold. Plus I get a new truck to drive for 18 months..

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We just got a sport. I really, really like it but it's not a Bronco replacement. It's a great replacement for the Subaru, great for hauling the family around, and a great addition for Ford in general but really no comparing it to the full sized. It's like my kids asking to replace their broccoli with ice cream.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had and still might. It would likely be a bad financial decision, but it wouldn't be my last. I've been impressed with what Rob Woolworth has done to his OW Base. Still a terrible 1.5L, but he has done modifications that change the stance with his own lift, new wheels/tires, nudge bar, and blacked out tint.

Local dealer (not Bozard) was/is offering $2500 discount plus trade. There is also 0.9% up to 48 months.

Still getting my big Bronco.
Which dealer if you don't mind saying?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My mom just bought one. I was shocked at the get up and go in the baby engine. We tried it out where the pavement ends - my road. Right now it's very dry, so we have some pretty deep sugar sand. I sometimes need 4x4 to get through it. We put it in a goat mode (sand) and it snapped to work. I was actually impressed with it. It tows 2000 lbs., btw.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We will have one of each. My best girl's Kodiak Brown Outer Banks is on the train now. I think it's pretty cool. Just a bit jealous that hers is here first.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beck in Palatka - at least at the time when I originally typed that response. I haven't checked their dealership in a while.
I forgot that was a dealership. We just drove by the upcoming location a few weeks ago. I guess they are expanding.

Sponsored

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly...... If something financially bad happens to me between now and when I get my Bronco, I may actually consider trading in my 2 door Recon for a Bronco Sport instead. The weird reason I am trading my Recon in anyway is because we just had a baby and we'd like mom to be able to drive both vehicles if the JKU (our second vehicle) has issues (which it has). The Recon has a manual transmission and is a PERFECT little Jeep... I even have an exact matching hotwheels of it in the same color (Gobi). So to convince me to replace it required an exceptional vehicle. Get another 2 Door Rubicon? A JL? Nah, I already have a second Jeep, a lifted 4 door. How about something the same, but more interesting and intriguing with more horsepower and a ton of torque -oh and we can go a lot faster off-road like we both always wanted to anyway. We still "tried" to go fast in our Jeeps... I mean, it was once the closest experience you could get to driving a street legal, open air dune buggy and still use it for normal commute. We couldn't ditch the ability of taking off the tops and doors along with the ease of Jeep modding. And to be honest, they are damn good off road.

BUT the "family practical" 2 door Badlands Sasquatch I have ordered will, after all is said and done, cost 60 grand. I put a lot down for the Recon, so I'll still get pretty good money for it, and it is in great shape with just 30,000 miles on it. I am still trying to save a further 10 grand to make sure my payment is not out of control -so I'm not in a super big hurry for it to get here, though I'd still like it to be a 2021. If I am not in a good spot when it gets here, or the price jumps for some reason (though I expect it won't based on Ford's policy and it is a highly rated dealership) I will settle and get an Outer Banks Sport, I mean, with a Sport might as well go for the luxury -I already have the other Jeep for wheeling. I will have a lower monthly payment than I do even now, probably will be able to save some of the extra cash I saved and it will be a very practical family vehicle... But if I'm getting the Big Bronco, I'm getting it as pure and fun of a stock off-roader as I possibly can since I am trading in my pure and wonderful 2 door, standard JK Recon -which I expect will be a collector's item someday. The idea is we can wheel them together and have two somewhat different, yet awesome driving experiences... and we'll be able to swap! Things are lining up well for the Big Bronco... I haven't told my wife about "plan B" yet.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m low key trying to convince a lady friend of mine to buy one instead of an RX350
That is quite a change. Pull that one off and you may never hear the end of it.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it is damn respectable if that is the type of vehicle that someone is looking for. I would pick it over most anything else in that class.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No chance in hell. Sport= lose man card.
The same professional drivers who are in Moab with the big Bronco are actually taking the sport up some serious rock climbs as well.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it is damn respectable if that is the type of vehicle that someone is looking for. I would pick it over most anything else in that class.
I've said earlier that the Badlands trim on the Sport is the only viable trim (for me) just for the 2.0L. But even though I dislike the 1.5L, some buyers are getting terrific mpg (near 30 in some cases). The picture that I posted earlier is a Base Sport with new wheels/tires. It has a fantastic look for a sub $30K vehicle that will get near 30 mpg.
Sponsored