Sponsored

Anyone else considering trading for the next-gen 4Runner?

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had my Bronco now for 8 months. After assessing what I want out of a vehicle and what I actually use it for, the 4Runner looks like an appealing alternative should I decide to sell the Bronco in the future. Is anyone else considering trading their Bronco for the next-gen 4Runner, whenever it comes out?
Sponsored

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd personally view made in Japan as a plus, but no I do not. If I wanted a 4runner I would have bought one instead of the Bronco already. The only thing I have heard about the new one is they are finally updating the engine and transmission?

But if it works better for you then go for it!

Sponsored

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But if you want a 4runner, why get a bronco in the 1st place. Or did u get the bronco and decide it’s not really what you want. Or is there something new about the next gen 4Runner that I’m missing? I feel like I’m one of the minority here who has found nothing I dislike about the bronco (except mpg) and I plan on having it for decades. My wife has a more fuel efficient car that we take on road trips when we don’t need the bronco. 4Runner has even worse mpg.

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d like to see some pics, the new Taco looks ugly to me. We have a ‘19 4 Runner in the family, it’s apples to oranges comparing it to our 2dr. Still, it’s a pretty awesome little sled.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In addition to my Bronco maybe. Wife needs something to get groceries 😂

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I've had my Bronco now for 8 months. After assessing what I want out of a vehicle and what I actually use it for, the 4Runner looks like an appealing alternative should I decide to sell the Bronco in the future. Is anyone else considering trading their Bronco for the next-gen 4Runner, whenever it comes out?
Ford Bronco Anyone else considering trading for the next-gen 4Runner? 1671648563886

alohashaneo

Raptor
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' m2 Comp, 22' 911 carrera, Raptor, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
not a chance for me - Toyota engines are terrible. Creature comforts and build quality is not good. Had a tacoma for 3 years and even with putting 15-18k into with upgrades it wasn't nearly as capable as bronco. Toyota will never get another penny from me

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know. How much is it? How much power? What's the mileage? How comfortable are the seats? What is the 4wd system? What colors can I get?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only Toyota I have ever owned was my first car - a 1980 Toyota Corolla 4-door.

It ran, was dangerously slow, and boring as all get-out. Fast forward to me being able to buy my first brand new vehicle. SUVs were a growing thing and I liked the idea of the outdoors lifestyle. I looked at the Toyota, the Nissan and the Isuzu. The 4Runner was way too expensive and quickly dismissed. I really wanted the Pathfinder but it was out of my budget, too - so I settled on the Isuzu (1996-2004).

So my experience with Toyota has been expensive and boring. Now, I don't even consider Toyota's for myself. I am sure they are good cars - very practical people and publications say how practical Toyota's are.

In January, I am going camping and driving off-road with a group of Bronco drivers. This summer, I, my wife and son are driving from Florida to Nevada and back (hitting Utah and Colorado). These are very impractical things to do (fun, yes - but not practical) and it would be impractical to own a practical vehicle and want to do fun things with it.
Sponsored