Sponsored

Anyone else cross shopping the Bronco with the 2021 F-150?

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll start off with saying when the Bronco was revealed I was sold 100%. As information has trickled out my interest has waned a bit. It’s still a cool vehicle but I’m having a hard time choosing between these two. Especially since both are about the same price with the options I want.

I primarily ski and mountain bike. The most off roading I do is fire roads. Bronco has the fun factor of a removable top but has limited space.

F150 has cavernous space inside and out. You could easily carry a few people, dog, and 5+ bikes at one time. I don’t tow and don’t necessarily need a bed but with home projects and whatnot it could be pretty valuable.

I’m kind of leaning towards the F-150 just because of its overall utility as an adventure vehicle.

Anyone else with a similar struggle?
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not here. 2012 Sierra with no onstar I will own until the wheels fall off. Bronco is for fun...

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No... if I wanted a truck, I would have kept one of the 3 I owned.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yup I have. Before much info was released on it over the summer and last year I was looking at a 2020 knowing full well the bronco was coming. I would love an xl single cab with an 8 foot bed, but that 8 foot bed is an upgrade, so is the 2.7tt for over 1k, unless I go with the na v6. 4x4 at the most basic level is over 4k. Fx4 adds another 1k. Cruise control is package locked and that's a 1k upgrade. Then the tow package is another 1k. On top of all that, I can get vinyl for free it looks like but I think it's the work truck grade kind not the nice stuff on the bronco. Right now it's looking like it would be 39k and if I went xlt about 42k. That doesnt included heated seats or a lot of the comforts you get in the mid package in the bronco. For the amount of times I would really need a truck bed or even towing, a 4x8 trailer would pull fine behind a bronco, and I'd just use that as a truck bed if I ever needed one. Also, I don't think I could get used to the size, it's funny because a 2dr bronco has a shorter wheelbase than my focus(I think within 10 inches). An f150 with an 8 foot bed would be massive for me. The price I would pay to get it to the comfort level of a BD bronco with mid package would probably be somewhere around 45k at the least. It's hard to justify that when you won't be using it to its full capabilities very much. Not saying the bronco isn't an expensive purchase, buts it's easier to justify, at least for me.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, not cross shopping, but extra shopping. We are trading in our RAM 2500 limited for a Platinum F-150 Hybrid with the 7.2kw Generator!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I myself cant live without a truck,i see people strapping a ton of wood on the roof of a prius at home depot all the time ,im more of a right tool for the job kind.
Limited space,limited towing,super fun rig is what the bronco is good luck to all who try to make it do everything.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I myself cant live without a truck,i see people strapping a ton of wood on the roof of a prius at home depot all the time ,im more of a right tool for the job kind.
Limited space,limited towing,super fun rig is what the bronco is good luck to all who try to make it do everything.
Agreed, which is why I'll stick with a Super Duty for truck use. Half tons are too compromised.

Bronco for fun, F250 for truck stuff. I can understand that isn't practical for many people though.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truck is way more utility and way more practical for home life and can still go places you need 4x4 to do mans work.

That being said nothing wrong with getting a cheaper truck to do truck stuff with and spend the cash on the bronco. OR Spend the cash on a truck and get a cheaper jeep for the fun stuff.

For my self IF I had to choose between truck or bronco I would have to say truck. Have a house, wife, kids, boat, camper, dogs, house chores, etc. Truck takes the cake.

Fortunately Already have an old bess that's a boss 94.5 F350 powerstroke 7.3 that gets the jobs done. So a fun Daily Commuter and weekend car for this Guy and family.

Be fortunate you have such a dilemma, could be worse. Good luck!

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't need a new F-150. Going to keep my 2017 F-150 in case I need to haul something. But the Bronco will get almost all of the driving.

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same issues or considerations as you. But I’m thinking of the ranger with tremor pack. Will be a little less than Bronco.

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll start off with saying when the Bronco was revealed I was sold 100%. As information has trickled out my interest has waned a bit. It’s still a cool vehicle but I’m having a hard time choosing between these two. Especially since both are about the same price with the options I want.

I primarily ski and mountain bike. The most off roading I do is fire roads. Bronco has the fun factor of a removable top but has limited space.

F150 has cavernous space inside and out. You could easily carry a few people, dog, and 5+ bikes at one time. I don’t tow and don’t necessarily need a bed but with home projects and whatnot it could be pretty valuable.

I’m kind of leaning towards the F-150 just because of its overall utility as an adventure vehicle.

Sounds like you already have a truck based on what you're doing, so just keep it and get the Bronco. My 2008 F150 only has 230k, we'll keep it going easily for another 200k and paying for maintenance and repairs is cheaper than a car note. If you DON'T have a truck already, then your decision is made. Go buy a pre-2010 F150 with a tried and true V8 and less than 120k miles and drive that and pay it off until the bronco can be added to your fleet. Hopefully soon! Bronco will be first new car we've bought in 16 years. Used is the way to go except in the case of the Bronco.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a f150 platinum and absolutely love it. If I didn’t own the truck I would be thinking hard between the f150 and the bronco. I don’t know how much back seat legroom the bronco has but the f150 has more than any other vehicle I have ever seen. Plus the interior on the f150 is classy. That being said- I am keeping the F150 and also buying a new bronco. Good luck in your choice.

BLee

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I traded my 2017 Ram Power Wagon for a 2020 Wrangler. I bought a utility trailer for my truck duties. Problem solved.

If I was looking to get a truck it would be an F150 hybrid. The generator is a game changer.

Hopefully we see a hybrid with generator come available for the Bronco.
Sponsored