Sponsored

Anyone else cross shopping the Bronco with the 2021 F-150?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless the F150 now has removable top and doors and manual, no I’m not cross shopping with an F150.

I have been tempted by Mustang GTs and GT350s though so anything is possible
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I chose a truck over the Bronco it would also have to have some cool fun factor to it as well.

Like an F250 with tremor package or something. My issue would be it wouldn't have the open air experience then. That's kind of the point of getting the Bronco I'm the first place.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It used to be that a truck was utility and bare bones but oh boy are they fancy now buddy just picked up a 2016 f150 3.5? Super nice inside like a trucaddilac.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Totally understand. I’ll always own a super duty, I need a truck and could never dream of trying to make a small SUV do truck stuff. Bronco is for fun. Sounds like the truck is more practical for you from your statement.

jalexa27

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No cross shopping here... By the time you list a couple key requirements:
- manual transmission
- 4 wheel drive

Not a lot of options out there and unfortunately I am not interested am a jeep...

Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If a pickup better fits your lifestyle, another consideration would be to purchase a one-owner '16-'18 F150 with the FX4 package because it already comes with some skid plate protection and a rear locker. Then, have it professionally built with a front locker, mild lift to handle 35" tires, upgraded shocks/springs, front and rear bumpers and rock rails. You can choose between the 5.0 V8 and the 3.5 turbo. The tuning guys will go with the 3.5 because there's a lot of room there for more horsepower and torque with just tuning. You'll end up with roughly the same price as a new Bronco but have a lot more off road capability than a stock F150.

Bowzer6G

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a space, or a back yard to park it in just get a 5x8 trailer for that oncea month trip to Home Depot.

I’ve noticed most of the long bed trucks I see around here (LA) have rear quarter/bed damage. Tight parking lots/drive aisles are not built to accommodate them.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. I am driving a 2011 F150 right now. Financially it would make the most sense to keep it for another 4-5 years at least. But it is the Bronco and so that is happening in 2021.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not Ranger like someone said? The new tremor pack adds Bronco-ish stuff like switches, better lift, suspension and tires. A step above fx4

These are more geared to the adventure lifestyle than f150 are (accessories etc.) And you can fit on the tighter trails with Jeeps and Broncos without scratching paint.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not Ranger like someone said? The new tremor pack adds Bronco-ish stuff like switches, better lift, suspension and tires. A step above fx4

These are more geared to the adventure lifestyle than f150 are (accessories etc.) And you can fit on the tighter trails with Jeeps and Broncos without scratching paint.
One thing to consider is the Bronco is one fat pig. It has good angles and wheelbase but its not a narrow vehicle. A F-150 is 83.5 with mirrors folded, Wrangler is 73.8, and the Bronco is 79.3 with sasquatch. The Bronco is even wider than a Ranger.

DaveM95

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going from a 2018 f150 into a bronco , not sure exactly when since I’m doing my reservation today but for me I had the debate with myself In 2018 about truck or Jeep and went with the truck since I do electrical and figured it would be nice to have , well since owning this truck only time it hauls shit is when I’m getting calls from people to help move something haha , i knew the Jeep would of been the more enjoyable choice but it’s okay now I can get the bronco with my lesson learned . Fun over practicality from now on, also working in Boston makes parking an f150 a real pain

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ll start off with saying when the Bronco was revealed I was sold 100%. As information has trickled out my interest has waned a bit. It’s still a cool vehicle but I’m having a hard time choosing between these two. Especially since both are about the same price with the options I want.

I primarily ski and mountain bike. The most off roading I do is fire roads. Bronco has the fun factor of a removable top but has limited space.

F150 has cavernous space inside and out. You could easily carry a few people, dog, and 5+ bikes at one time. I don’t tow and don’t necessarily need a bed but with home projects and whatnot it could be pretty valuable.

I’m kind of leaning towards the F-150 just because of its overall utility as an adventure vehicle.

Anyone else with a similar struggle?
My wife has a 4 door Wildtrak and I have a 19 F150 V6 Ecoboost XLT supercrew. The Bronco is really fun to drive but my wife still says how comfortable the truck is and I agree. We live in PA and take a lot of long haul road trips that we couldn't take in the Bronce just because there isn't enough room for suitcases, fishing gear etc. I would never trade my truck in for a Bronco. Just buy one for your wife lol.
Sponsored