mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going BD. Comes with rear locker. Made it advanced so I have 4 auto for winter roads. Also, tires should be ok on road.
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are there a lot of y'all who are getting the sasquatch and still plan on using the Bronco as your daily driver?
Yes. But I only drive about 5K miles/year.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a 2dr. Badlands, sans-squatch, as my DD. I'm even thinking of removing some weight - bash plates, rock rails, etc. I can always pop them back on if I actually have an adventure planned. I plan to use the stock wheels and 33" tires for half the year (cold roads in the morning, freezing rain, snow, ice) then some nice aftermarket wheels and aggressive 35s or 37s for the other half.

Edit: Comfort really not an issue with me. If I were to drive the Bronco every work day of the year, I'd only put ~3700 miles on it. But I like to take my other toys in to work a couple days a week, and they are among the least comfortable rides I could have, lol. I'm mainly looking forward to the peace of mind of Advanced 4x4, lockers and ABS/disc brakes all around for whatever Winter decides to dump on me from year to year. My current 4x4 toys are a bit sketchy on winter roads, to say the least!

Last edited:

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My BD w Sas 4 door will strictly be a nights and weekends ride for me, as is my current Tacoma. My daily work driver is a 2020 Volvo xc40 Rdesign AWD. I must admit my first northern NY winter w the XC40 and a set of Blizzaks and it has been a safe capable car. Quite impressed with it.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I walk to work (1 mile downtown area), getting the 2dr for the aesthetic but also urban parking. My wife has the commute and this would have been her DD, but she's changing jobs and now will metro about 15 minutes.

We don't need a car at this point. But it'll be our weekend, camping, and long distance (15+ hour trips) driver.

For that purpose I'm going Lux (for trips) + WT (for aesthetics).

I would have been happy w 33s, but BL is too much off road equipment and pointless $ for our needs.

I'm going to be happy looking at it and driving it.

Sponsored

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drive about 10k miles per year and am getting sasquatch. With a 4 door, I just think it looks much better with the larger tires. I'm hoping it's not bad as a daily driver. If it is, I can always drop to 33's when the 35's wear out.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive around 10k a year mostly non highway. I'm not getting sas but I wouldn't think twice about DD sas if I could afford it. It looks badass for sure.

I had to stop adding options somewhere. For me, 4 dr badlands high package is already expensive and very close in capabolity.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m getting the Sas BL and will be a DD but we spilt the driving with our other car so won’t get more than 5-8k per year. Having said that, these are not real mud tires and more of an AT so driving a Sas or 33s will not be much of a noticeable difference.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep, I'll be using my FE as a DD. The new tires they chose should be well suited for pavement and off road.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Getting a 2 dr non sas BL. I’m retired but will DD it to hiking trailheads and wildlife/landscape spots

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL SAS here. More of a weekend/road trip car for now.

It may see DD use once my little shitbox scion xB dies; thing currently has 230k miles on it. I figure it will hopefully go another 70k.

I've only had to change some ignition coils. Toyota are boring but they keep going.

ETA: I recently changed jobs and my commute went from 70 mi round trip to 13; shitbox should make it more than a few more years.

Phosvitin

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota matrix and honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Getting two door manual base for that doors off top off commute but still have something reliable in the winter!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I'm driving a truck with 32" KO2s now, so I don't think it's going to be a huge difference.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My order is a non sas BD. I will use it as a DD, but I’m still considering adding the Squatch. I live rural, work rural, with a 20 minute commute. Other conversations on this forum have shown the math, where a slightly lower mpg really won’t cost that much over a year’s time.
I don’t see myself doing anything crazy with a brand new vehicle, no matter how capable it is. But after a while, it would be nice to have the capabilities already vs. trying to build it up aftermarket.
Sponsored