Sponsored

Anyone else disappointed to get scheduled for 21?

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was pretty surprised to get my hard top 2-door scheduled for the last week of MY21 after being told a month and a half ago that I would be MY22, especially given that I'm a 7/25 reservation.

I was always not thrilled with the color selection for 21 Base model, so after they announced new colors would come to base in 22, I was super excited to get to change from white to orange (favorite color from the beginning). I would have 99'd in a heartbeat after that announcement, but Ford (and my dealership) were pretty clear in their statement about MIC tops that I'd be pushed til MY22, so I didn't bother.

I know many of you would kill for a build date, and I don't mean to be ungrateful, but man, I wish they had communicated more clearly so I could have known to 99 for MY22.
Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m with you, got my vin assigned today too, but Iā€™m super excited and plan to keep this vehicle for awhile, so I donā€™t think Iā€™m too concerned about being a 2021 model.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With everything going on with delays, tooling issues, ignorant dealers,or dealers left in the dark by Ford. You should have changed color right away I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well that's a bummer. I understand your frustration. Ford sucks.

I switched to a soft top bc Ford said I'd get it sooner. Well after being pushed into Nov, I'm not really getting it any sooner. I probably would've just waited for the MIC at that point in '22.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m with you, got my vin assigned today too, but Iā€™m super excited and plan to keep this vehicle for awhile, so I donā€™t think Iā€™m too concerned about being a 2021 model.
Yeah, I'm honestly fine with it being MY21 since I don't plan on selling any time soon, it's more just a bummer that I won't get the color I was so excited for. I'm feeling the pain of my AMB and RR brothers, but in reverse since I want to be MY22 lol.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
slightly.

My only real concern is that 4 years from now, my used value will be 1 year older; for the difference of a week.

luckily, I wanted the color I got, and other than a morbid curiosity about the raptor, theres nothing I was anticipating to switch to for 22MY.

then again, Ill wait till it gets built as a 21MY, lot of builds have been rescheduled in the past.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's just going to really suck picking out aftermarket rims that will match nicely.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a lot of 2dr BL with a 7/14/20 reservations get a build date. I have that build and date. As they were coming in I got both excited and apprehensive. If Iā€™m that close to the cut off then make it a 22. But I was really set on AMB and would take a 21 to keep my color.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine yesterday, and no I'm not disappointed in the slightest. Someone said it already but to echo it once more we have no idea what will happen with the supply issues in the next week/12 months so the stress relief alone is worth it.

I love mine, I'm sure I'll find some things that bother me that could be fixed later in 22 but I can't imagine it would be enough to make me regret anything.

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m planning on making some changes to my build when I re-order for a 22 model. Iā€™m wondering if I should go ahead and make those changes now, with the off chance it actually gets built in 21.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly what I feared if I had converted my reservation to an order. Bring on the MY 22.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saw a lot of 2dr BL with a 7/14/20 reservations get a build date. I have that build and date. As they were coming in I got both excited and apprehensive. If Iā€™m that close to the cut off then make it a 22. But I was really set on AMB and would take a 21 to keep my color.
My 7/14 2 door BL did not get a build date. The Ford help line person I called said itā€™s the tow package, but I saw tow package builds get a VIN.

So, still not getting the logic, but fine where I am. Would prefer an early 22 over a December 21, but the build is in uncompromised so if it does get picked in the next week or so, it will be fine.

Iā€™m planning on making some changes to my build when I re-order for a 22 model. Iā€™m wondering if I should go ahead and make those changes now, with the off chance it actually gets built in 21.
I did this yesterday. Of course this added 2.7 and Squatch sins, which probably aided in my non-selection, but wanted to make sure if it gets pulled, it gets pulled the way I want it.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 7/14 2 door BL did not get a build date. The Ford help line person I called said itā€™s the tow package, but I saw tow package builds get a VIN.

So, still not getting the logic, but fine where I am. Would prefer an early 22 over a December 21, but the build is in uncompromised so if it does get picked in the next week or so, it will be fine.
I also have tow. Like you I noticed there were too many with tow for that to be it. I saw my exact spec get a date down to the color with a time stamp a few hours later.

Iā€™ve waited this long. Another couple of months wonā€™t be too big of a deal. If they wouldnā€™t have dropped AMB I wouldnā€™t have a problem with it.

Deleted member 21681

I was pretty surprised to get my hard top 2-door scheduled for the last week of MY21 after being told a month and a half ago that I would be MY22, especially given that I'm a 7/25 reservation.

I was always not thrilled with the color selection for 21 Base model, so after they announced new colors would come to base in 22, I was super excited to get to change from white to orange (favorite color from the beginning). I would have 99'd in a heartbeat after that announcement, but Ford (and my dealership) were pretty clear in their statement about MIC tops that I'd be pushed til MY22, so I didn't bother.

I know many of you would kill for a build date, and I don't mean to be ungrateful, but man, I wish they had communicated more clearly so I could have known to 99 for MY22.
I get it. I was initially bummed about being shunted to ā€˜22, but Iā€™ve talked myself into it now. Plus the wife sat in a wildtrak since I placed my order and has insisted that we squatch our badlands when we re-order.
Sponsored