Sponsored

Anyone else dislike the wheel offset on the Squatch ?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One other thing to consider is that 4 door Area 51 with the 315s, which sounds like its just a Badlands and NOT Squatched, is weighted down with a considerable amount of extra weight, in the rear, on the roof, and the front with winch and steel carrier too.

The Squatch springs would support that weight better.

I think those particular tires and wheels with that offset would look perfect on a Sasquatch truck.

I personally think the wheel/tire on the factory Sasquatch trucks sit a little too far inboard for my tastes. Id like it better if it was a little more flush with the edge of the flare.
I share this same opinion!
Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel the same way. While I'm not likely going to get the Sasquatch anyways, I have to think that it'll ride better with a narrower gait. Skinnier (255-265mm) and tall (32-33") tires should give better gas mileage while still giving a bit more clearance and look great. I'm new to civilian off-roading though so what do I know.

I may be in the minority on this site as it seems that most here have a bigger budget and will actually off-road a lot unlike me. But yes I love the look of the old Broncos, Land Rovers, and such and it seems like that'll fit my driving habits as I'll be on road 95% of the time.
Check out YouTube, The Road Chose Me. He has a full episode with excellent commentary on why he says that smaller tires are more appropriate for overlanding and road tripping.

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I know about aftermarket off-road wheels, they are usually a more aggressive offset than factory wheels. Looking for wheels for my current Canyon, I saw a Method Race Wheels and many others often run +0 offset, and others +18. Factory offset for my truck was something like +35, and the bronco I have no idea on but I would guess it’s somewhere in the +25-+18 range.
Can you help me understand offset? So the more positive a wheel's offset, the more tucked in the wheels are once mounted? i.e. if we don't want to wheels sticking out so much we want to look for something like +18 rather than +0?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One big thing to consider is, this actually isn’t a squatch. I believe they said in the video/interviews with people in the ground that’s it’s a normal Badlands that has the aftermarket 15 52 wheels on it.

From what I know about aftermarket off-road wheels, they are usually a more aggressive offset than factory wheels. Looking for wheels for my current Canyon, I saw a Method Race Wheels and many others often run +0 offset, and others +18. Factory offset for my truck was something like +35, and the bronco I have no idea on but I would guess it’s somewhere in the +25-+18 range.

OEM usually keeps their wheels tucked nicely in for economy (less wind resistance) and to keep wheels well within factory fender flares, to prevent debris from kicking up and scratching the vehicle. The “poke” that aftermarket wheels givenegates both of those.

I’d look for some more head on pics of actual squatches you can dig up here and gauge if you like it better!
Not to mention the extra stress on wheel bearings that big offsets cause...

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Struggling to decide squatch, no squatch. I keep waffling.

Yesterday saw the pics of the Overlander model from a head on look and the offset of the 35's and squatch flares look a bit too bro dozerish for my taste (Not knocking the lifted, way offset tire look. If you bro doze like that, have at it, just isn't for me)

Makes me waffle back to thinking 33 MT's or AT's will be perfect for a 2 dr.

Now, to figure out Race Red vs Rapid Red. These choices are painful!

squatchfront.png
No, no, no brother. Stance is king! The bigger the better. That overland rig looks awesome! If you are older, my next statement is not meant to be an insult lol. Whenever I see a lifted truck or Jeep with zero or positive wheel offset, immediately I'm thinking, "This dude must be at least 60+ years old because that looks like a grandpa ride."

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you help me understand offset? So the more positive a wheel's offset, the more tucked in the wheels are once mounted? i.e. if we don't want to wheels sticking out so much we want to look for something like +18 rather than +0?
Correct. There are different ways to explain it, but everyone kind of thinks about it in their own way, so if thats the way you asked the question, then yes.

But this is the way I think of it...

0 offset would mean the mounting face of the wheel is in the dead center of width of the wheel.

Positive offset moves the mounting face towards the outer edge of the wheel, which puts the wheel farther inboard.

Negative offset moves the mounting face of the wheel towards the inside edge of the wheel, which puts the wheel farther outboard.

Offset is the distance in mm from the mounting face to the center of the wheel, looking at the wheel from front (or rear) of the vehicle.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct, +0 will be about flush with the wheel wells and even more positive will tuck the wheel even further into the wheel well. Negative offset will push the wheel and tire outside of the wheel well giving the vehicle a more aggressive "stance".

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive already been through the whole tall-skinny fad and now Im back to a little width again. All depends on the truck really. I think the Bronco with flares needs some width. If Ford makes some sort of flare delete, thats just a little strip that covers up where the holes are, then some 33x10.50s would look sweet. But in general, no matter what it is, I like the edge of the tire to be flush with the edge of the flare, or body if no flare.

OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, no, no brother. Stance is king! The bigger the better. That overland rig looks awesome! If you are older, my next statement is not meant to be an insult lol. Whenever I see a lifted truck or Jeep with zero or positive wheel offset, immediately I'm thinking, "This dude must be at least 60+ years old because that looks like a grandpa ride."
I'm 47, physically feel 67, brain works like I'm 27. It's a really bad combo.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I gather this build is not a sasquatch. Its a modded Badlands. I think they changed the tire offset. Here is a "real" Sasquatch for comparison.

mapshootimg_1052-jpg.jpg

squatchfront.png
Different camera lens at work here. Lol

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, I was at Supercel yesterday and asked about offset for Sasquatch and the Ford guy didn't know. As been told before the A51 was a Badlands with 35s, squatch flares but not squatch lift.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, I was at Supercel yesterday and asked about offset for Sasquatch and the Ford guy didn't know. As been told before the A51 was a Badlands with 35s, squatch flares but not squatch lift.
It has squatch. I spoke with them as well. Squatch struts/springs account for .6” of height more than badlands due to length and spring rate. The overland prototype was loaded down but mainly running 35s. 35s run .6” larger than squatch 315 70 17s. That negates the height difference which you are seeing at the wheel wells.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I personally love old school deep dish wheels. I dont really feel any of the modern wheels have the look and feel that I like. I like super deep steel wagon wheels and mid deep western typhoon turbine syclone style. The black, blocky angular chocolate chunk spokes look like they want to be scythed chariot spokes but gave up because their mom said no.

While reading through the thread, the dare to be different in me decided on finding the best steel or polished aluminum deep wheels i can find and get sasquatch with a 2" lift and put 36x12.50 16s on the front and 36x14.50 16s on the back. Then find some narrower flares for the front. After i put a ford tune and whatever other mild performance parts i can find to get it up to 350hp. It will complete the hot rod look!

Any brilliant rendef artists out there want channel their inner ratfink and make something crazy!
Ford Bronco Anyone else dislike the wheel offset on the Squatch ? download (6)
Ford Bronco Anyone else dislike the wheel offset on the Squatch ? images (12)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has squatch. I spoke with them as well. Squatch struts/springs account for .6” of height more than badlands due to length and spring rate. The overland prototype was loaded down but mainly running 35s. 35s run .6” larger than squatch 315 70 17s. That negates the height difference which you are seeing at the wheel wells.
Got 2 different stories from 2 different guys then. Maybe somebody at some point will be able to figure out what they did to it.
Sponsored