Sponsored

Anyone else dislike the wheel offset on the Squatch ?

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Struggling to decide squatch, no squatch. I keep waffling.

Yesterday saw the pics of the Overlander model from a head on look and the offset of the 35's and squatch flares look a bit too bro dozerish for my taste (Not knocking the lifted, way offset tire look. If you bro doze like that, have at it, just isn't for me)

Makes me waffle back to thinking 33 MT's or AT's will be perfect for a 2 dr.

Now, to figure out Race Red vs Rapid Red. These choices are painful!

squatchfront.png
Sponsored

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yesterday saw the pics of the Overlander model from a head on look and the offset of the 35's and squatch flares look a bit too bro dozerish for my taste (Not knocking the lifted, way offset tire look. If you bro doze like that, have at it, just isn't for me)

Ford Bronco Anyone else dislike the wheel offset on the Squatch ? squatchfront
From what I gather this build is not a sasquatch. Its a modded Badlands. I think they changed the tire offset. Here is a "real" Sasquatch for comparison.

Ford Bronco Anyone else dislike the wheel offset on the Squatch ? mapshootimg_1052-

squatchfront.png

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One big thing to consider is, this actually isnā€™t a squatch. I believe they said in the video/interviews with people in the ground thatā€™s itā€™s a normal Badlands that has the aftermarket 15 52 wheels on it.

From what I know about aftermarket off-road wheels, they are usually a more aggressive offset than factory wheels. Looking for wheels for my current Canyon, I saw a Method Race Wheels and many others often run +0 offset, and others +18. Factory offset for my truck was something like +35, and the bronco I have no idea on but I would guess itā€™s somewhere in the +25-+18 range.

OEM usually keeps their wheels tucked nicely in for economy (less wind resistance) and to keep wheels well within factory fender flares, to prevent debris from kicking up and scratching the vehicle. The ā€œpokeā€ that aftermarket wheels givenegates both of those.

Iā€™d look for some more head on pics of actual squatches you can dig up here and gauge if you like it better!

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One big thing to consider is, this actually isnā€™t a squatch. I believe they said in the video/interviews with people in the ground thatā€™s itā€™s a normal Badlands that has the aftermarket 15 52 wheels on it.

From what I know about aftermarket off-road wheels, they are usually a more aggressive offset than factory wheels. Looking for wheels for my current Canyon, I saw a Method Race Wheels and many others often run +0 offset, and others +18. Factory offset for my truck was something like +35, and the bronco I have no idea on but I would guess itā€™s somewhere in the +25-+18 range.

OEM usually keeps their wheels tucked nicely in for economy (less wind resistance) and to keep wheels well within factory fender flares, to prevent debris from kicking up and scratching the vehicle. The ā€œpokeā€ that aftermarket wheels givenegates both of those.

Iā€™d look for some more head on pics of actual squatches you can dig up here and gauge if you like it better!

It IS a Sasquatch lift, WITH aftermarket wheels and tires.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel the same way. While I'm not likely going to get the Sasquatch anyways, I have to think that it'll ride better with a narrower gait. Skinnier (255-265mm) and tall (32-33") tires should give better gas mileage while still giving a bit more clearance and look great. I'm new to civilian off-roading though so what do I know.

I may be in the minority on this site as it seems that most here have a bigger budget and will actually off-road a lot unlike me. But yes I love the look of the old Broncos, Land Rovers, and such and it seems like that'll fit my driving habits as I'll be on road 95% of the time.

OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what I gather this build is not a sasquatch. Its a modded Badlands. I think they changed the tire offset. Here is a "real" Sasquatch for comparison.

That's a much better look for me. Are we sure that's a confirmed squatch?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

To me, the 33s look a lot better proportionally and I'm getting a 4Dr Badlands, no Squatch. Brodozerish, yes and don't forget about the poor breaking ability (aka safety), slower acceleration and more noise.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is the four door Badlands thatā€™s lined up with the Red ones recently posted. NOT SQUATCHED. The Rapid Red Wildtrack beside it IS in fact SQUATCHED, if you can find that pic.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ahhh ok, I missed that part. Point still stands on the aftermarket tires, the race red front shot above is definitely proof of that OEM offset is way more positive than those 15 52s.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
That race red Badlands is not Sasquatch, it's got 33s with optional beadlock rims and carbonized grey beauty ring. And I agree, the proportion of the 33s is perfect imo. To borrow from another post, the 35s start to look a bit bro-dozerish.

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That race red Badlands is not Sasquatch, it's got 33s with optional beadlock rims and carbonized grey beauty ring. And I agree, the proportion of the 33s is perfect imo. To borrow from another post, the 35s start to look a bit bro-dozerish.
This must be it.

mapshootimg_1033-jpg.jpg

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ahhh ok, I missed that part. Point still stands on the aftermarket tires, the race red front shot above is definitely proof of that OEM offset is way more positive than those 15 52s.
I agree with you, just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page. ?

I think the "regular" Sasquatch package looks nicer, better proportioned. Definitely looks more functional.

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ā€˜70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with all comments above (including that the red one is not squatch). However, I think this has everything to do with those wide offset wheels. They are +0mm offset, which means they stick out a good bit. I really dislike the look of the overland concept's stance. It sits way too low and wide. It is different than any other sasquatch we have seen, which sits higher and has narrower track due to narrower offset. I know the BN guy in the video said this started as a sasquatched badlands, but I think he's wrong.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, but itā€™s not. This info was disclosed yesterday by other Ford members. This is 35x12.50s on aftermarket wheels with BL suspension and Squatch flares.
The Squatch has heavier springs and longer shocks to give it about 1ā€ of additional lift over the BL suspension.
Thatā€™s why the tires are so stuffed with not much room.
Sponsored

Last edited: