Sponsored

Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong?

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
This isn’t a post so much about lack of B&P as much as it is about Fords seemingly “Do nothing, tell no one” strategy. The cats out of the bag for what the bronco has and what it seems to be capable of. My issue and I’m sure the dealers as well, is lack of transparency between HQ and the dealerships around the US.

its one of the most hyped cars trying to break into a market dominated by Jeep and no dealers appear to have any info at all. Meanwhile theres pamphlets showing how Jeep plans to go toe to toe with the bronco and seems Jeep dealers have strategies in place. Things like strategy and build and price and promotion showings should have been in the works since last year through the reveal this year. i know there’s a pandemic but there’s so many ways to promote this vehicle and it seems Ford isn’t pursuing any of them.
Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope.

I like all the little leaks and sleuth work being done by independents, the trail ride footage and the local reports by 6g members. If they had released it all at once the hype would die...this keeps us stringing along. B&P has to be perfect, hopefully it will be.

For me, I like the discovery trail we are riding on....

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't help but feel that Ford has some issues going on that's holding up the parade. They'd most likely want to move faster, but can't for whatever reason. We'll probably never know why though.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope.

I like all the little leaks and sleuth work being done by independents, the trail ride footage and the local reports by 6g members. If they had released it all at once the hype would die...this keeps us stringing along. B&P has to be perfect, hopefully it will be.

For me, I like the discovery trail we are riding on....
^this!
Be it busting down a trail on my mountain bike, Dustin’ up the gravel roads In my future bronco- it’s all about. Discovery, anticipation and experiencing something new.
I’ve never ordered a brand new rig, something built for me to well, my specifications. This shit is fun.. enjoy the ride. This won’t happen again anytime soon..

Sponsored

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can tell you from this first public event, it is very obvious that they simply got ahead of themselves on this one and were not prepared for the public scrutiny and demand.

They are doing the best that they can to try and keep us happy, but they just don't have it all in place at this point. I think maybe things got leaked a little too early so they are working with the circumstances and trying to give us any information they can.

They aren't ready to get into the weeds though, so we need to recognize that when asking our questions and keep things high level at this stage.

Everyone is complaining about not having more information before ordering... But take a step back. You have nothing ($100 refundable) invested in a vehicle that is not set to deliver until spring of next year. Outside of a new release, the vast majority of their buyers do not order vehicles to spec...they buy off the dealer lots. To have this level of demand and this many custom orders is a new experience for them. The information will come, but we have to be careful with what we are expecting at this stage.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like they are doing a good job of creating hype and seem to have the product that holds up to the hype. Only downside is the long wait for delivery. They will lose buyers over the winter as the excitement wears off and the financial reality sets in. Pretty hard to keep this thing under wraps, so if they tried to wait until spring when they had product to do a reveal it would be the worst kept secret.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to agree- producing all custom order vehicles is a much greater task than building stock and shipping them to dealers to be sold on the lot.
I actually Have liked the slow rollout. It gave me a chance to look at everything. By the time I order I will know what I want, what I can live with and what I can live without, what I can or cannot afford. So the vehicle I get will be perfect for me considering all the variables in purchasing a new vehicle.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can tell you from this first public event, it is very obvious that they simply got ahead of themselves on this one and were not prepared for the public scrutiny and demand.

They are doing the best that they can to try and keep us happy, but they just don't have it all in place at this point. I think maybe things got leaked a little too early so they are working with the circumstances and trying to give us any information they can.

They aren't ready to get into the weeds though, so we need to recognize that when asking our questions and keep things high level at this stage.

Everyone is complaining about not having more information before ordering... But take a step back. You have nothing ($100 refundable) invested in a vehicle that is not set to deliver until spring of next year. Outside of a new release, the vast majority of their buyers do not order vehicles to spec...they buy off the dealer lots. To have this level of demand and this many custom orders is a new experience for them. The information will come, but we have to be careful with what we are expecting at this stage.
This. People. I think they're doing the best they can. Perhaps they didn't expect all this! Relax. Or go buy A Ridgeline.

Last edited:

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The unofficial pricing is making me rethink a toy. Might just trade in my truck for a Raptor Instead of buying a Bronco And keeping my truck.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really want the Bronco; however, if the 2022 Raptor is available before the Bronco I will get the Raptor. We will see.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it's more a reflection of us as eager future owners more than on Ford.

Concept vehicles are announced all the time (Tesla, Mercedes, Jeep, etc.) some with lofty down payments without B&P or any final specs locked down. We are also getting them built exactly how we order them which is another layer of customization that Ford didn't have to offer. I think they're effective design reveal mixed with our relative bummer of a year yields this angst. They can still muck it up though and there's a lot of time before we drive one...
Sponsored