Sponsored

Anyone else feeling relaxed about their Bronco order?

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no, not relaxed. My wife and I are sharing 1 car at the moment, and she's a sales rep who works in the field all day. During the pandemic, this was ok, but not having a car is no fun. I don't want to buy another car only to flip it in 2-4 months from now.

More than that, the ambiguity as to when i am actually going to get my bronco makes it even worse. Naw, man, i'm in a world of pain.

8E77FxU.gif
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was at peace with my initial decision to '99 my order after peeking behind the proverbial curtain in January. But lately, I have no confidence in what Webasto produces. I'm strictly a 2-dr buyer so there is no choice at the moment, and I ultimately want what is slated to be offered for MY22. With Webasto's troubles, I'm not confident that they will be able to produce what was slated for MY22. So lately, I find myself hoping that Ford offers a soft top option for 2-dr buyers from BesTop. If so, I may just settle for my original build with the soft top and maybe buy what I really want at the tail end of MY22.

Fenway5

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Day 2 (2020) Rez/JAN (2021) order--Sold my daily driver in the Fall to family as I expected my Bronco in the spring.

Spring--no build date, so had to trade my well loved 2009 truck in for a "newer" used car for a daily driver

--As of today still waiting on a build notice/VIN--no idea when the magic email might arrive...

--but my wife has purchased for me a Hot Wheels version, a Matchbox version and 2 Maisto versions...

I waited years for the Bronco to come back, and it sure looks better than I even hoped. I am not going to change a thing on my build and short change myself nor bitch that its not here when I thought/hoped it would be.

--its just going to take the time it takes, but its going to be exactly what I want and the way I wanted it--that is worth waiting for.

For me, this is like a lyric from the OLD 97's "love is a marathon, but sometimes you puke" Kind of swallowed some bile over this now and again, but that's the price of love. ;)

Last edited:

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very relaxed at present. I have been waiting since I sold my 74 in 2017. By then Ford announced they were resurrecting the Bronco and someone made me a stupid high offer for it. Truly an offer I couldn’t refuse. But I needed another vehicle in 2017 so I got a 4Runner to last me until the Bronco returned. Because I have a company vehicle (Tundra) the 4Runner only has 13,000 miles as of today. By the way, the 4Runner is an outstanding vehicle that I probably should keep. I am hoping the Bronco Raptor (Warthog, whatever) shows up soon. If it does, I’ll cancel the Wildtrak and opt for that. Actually been giving some casual interest in the new Raptor because in some ways that fits my lifestyle better than Bronco. But I’ve always owned Broncos, so I still feel committed to that.

TLDR, real chill on my Bronco order. Looking forward to hearing impressions from those that get their Broncos this summer. So excited for you folks!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no, not relaxed. My wife and I are sharing 1 car at the moment, and she's a sales rep who works in the field all day. During the pandemic, this was ok, but not having a car is no fun. I don't want to buy another car only to flip it in 2-4 months from now.

More than that, the ambiguity as to when i am actually going to get my bronco makes it even worse. Naw, man, i'm in a world of pain.

Ford Bronco Anyone else feeling relaxed about their Bronco order? 8E77FxU
Given the used car market you might actually make money on a temporary car.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super chill. Have a decent enough vehicle now. I'll be happy to trade it in when the Bronco gets here. When ever it gets here.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really excited in the beginning and now my case of Bronco Blue balls has left me apathetic and cynical....

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat as many here. I am looking forward to driving a Bronco but no rush, within reason. I am happy to get a MY22 as I will be debt free in August and can start saving to have a fat down payment. I am not a chill waiting to see what the MY22 B & P has in store for us. A color change may be in order.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mixed emotions. I know there is nothing I can do to get my Bronco earlier. It is what it is. I am at the point now, where I have come to terms with the fact that it will come when it comes. At this long, I get to save some more money for a larger down payment. I am good with that. đź‘Ť

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean, I feel super relaxed about YOUR Bronco order.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I’m always relaxed... so I don’t know if my opinion is the kind you’re looking for. It’s like most things in life, focus on what you CAN fix, and don’t stress over what you can’t. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: There was one about 30 miles from the house today, so I took one of my daughters to see it... so I’m still excited, just not stressed about it.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am fine with things. It gets here when it gets here. I honestly think that by this time next year everyone in the March 2021 orders will have a date.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm feeling anxious. I'm past the half century mark now, and my Mom passed away in her early 50's so I know first-hand that life can be short. I'm looking at the Bronco as a lifestyle change and it can't come soon enough. I grew up bouncing around in the back of a 70's FJ40 and my dad's F150 and I've spent most of my adult life working behind a desk. It's time for a change. I feel like the Bronco was made for me... all the Offroad capability you could ever want, with game-changing tech to make it the ultimate modern off-roader. Get into my fucking garage NOW! I'm done with German engineered luxury cars.

Tripper

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Mustang GT Conv & '13 Ford Edge Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone else feeling relaxed about their Bronco order? tumblr_mcyeksuHdq1rezavlo3_250
Sponsored