Sponsored

Anyone else getting rust drips on inside of the tailgate door?

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone else getting rust drips on inside of the tailgate door? 25 days of ownership and I'm seeing rusty drips on the inside of my tailgate. Took to the dealership to show them and also document some MIC 2.0 problems..such as front panels are different color than the real roof.. and some separation in the rear corner of the MIC top...same as the original roof problems.... but Rust??? Wtf!

20211124_224836.jpg

20211124_224906.jpg
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else getting rust drips on inside of the tailgate door? 25 days of ownership and I'm seeing rusty drips on the inside of my tailgate. Took to the dealership to show them and also document some MIC 2.0 problems..such as front panels are different color than the real roof.. and some separation in the rear corner of the MIC top...same as the original roof problems.... but Rust??? Wtf!

Ford Bronco Anyone else getting rust drips on inside of the tailgate door? 20211124_224906

Ford Bronco Anyone else getting rust drips on inside of the tailgate door? 20211124_224906
wash that inside tailgate and take a clay bar to it to pull any contamination out of the paint then apply a good paint sealent or wax to it and you should be good to go

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm. What is near there that is steel or iron? All of the vehicle skin is aluminum for the most part though I havenā€™t checked all of the tail gate.

Iā€™m confused because the MIC doesnā€™t have any metal in it so Iā€™m not sure where it would be coming from.

I just looked at mine and itā€™s clean. Only thing I see is maybe the bottom of the rear window to hold the seal? I don't have a strong magnet handy to test, but I could see some steel being used on the bottom window seal area for rigidity.

For me, this area is always caked in dust already so I don't know that I would even notice it.

OP
OP
Spidie

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wash that inside tailgate and take a clay bar to it to pull any contamination out of the paint then apply a good paint sealent or wax to it and you should be good to go
Thanks but where is the rust drips coming from... they keep returning..I clean it off and the next time it rains... I have rust drips.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks but where is the rust drips coming from... they keep returning..I clean it off and the next time it rains... I have rust drips.
did it rain recently maybe water is getting in some how either way wash that area take a clay bar To it than get a good coat of wax on it so at least the paint is protected but you must have water or moisture getting in what did the dealer say when you showed them

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooooooooowwwwwhh gliiiiter. That AMB looks stunning

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a soft top and have found what i thought was dirty, water leaking through on the inside of the tailgate door. Guess ill take a closer look tommorow to see what it is.

OP
OP
Spidie

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a soft top and have found what i thought was dirty, water leaking through on the inside of the tailgate door. Guess ill take a closer look tommorow to see what it is.
I think it's the metal reinforced weather stripping on the bottom of the glass that's causing it. When I lift the glass up water streams out of the 1 side where the rust drips are. Thoughts?
Sponsored