Sponsored

Anyone else hate the silver beauty rings?

Silver or black beauty rings

• Total voters

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
local powder coating shop. $20/ring
That's how much my local company charges as well with in stock powder. Mine will be a little more because I'm going to get them as close to cyber orange as possible so I have to pay for the special order powder.
Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a couple months at the beginning, I liked the black rings but I've grown to think it looks way too monotonous. The silver breaks things up and will work with the look I'm going for (cyber orange/silver).

Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Totally black wheels do nothing to enhance a vehicle appearance IMO. No contrasting colors or highlights that disappear and meld with the tires at anything other than close proximity. If you canā€™t stomach the silver try a different color like the vehicleā€™s paint or a contrast. You can do much better than black.
i know Iā€™m in the minority, but have an FE (with black rings) and I prefer the silver (or some kind of contrasting color.

like mr. nice said, the all black just blends with the tire leaving you with nondescript black circles at all 4 corners.

& also makes the wheel appear to be smaller to me.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe just have the wheel openings machined to expose the aluminum underneath kinda like the Ignition Edition TRX Wheels. They are the same black wheels that came on other TRX's.

Ford Bronco Anyone else hate the silver beauty rings? Unknown

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the silver rings.... reminds me of desert trucks and 1st gen Raptors.
I was planning on switching mine to black when I get my Bronco, but a while back I saw a 1st gen Raptor and it completely changed my mind. Loving the silver ("warm alloy") rings!

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For a couple months at the beginning, I liked the black rings but I've grown to think it looks way too monotonous. The silver breaks things up and will work with the look I'm going for (cyber orange/silver).
I agree with this. All black wheels with black tires looks good up close, but to me, from a distance they just look like a black featureless mass

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate is a strong word. There might be better colors but itā€™s highly unlikely Iā€™ll spend the time or money to swap them out, powder coat or repaint since thereā€™s no reason to other than appearances. Iā€™d rather spend time and money on things like recovery gear, a winch and winch bumper and flat towing equipment.
Sponsored