Sponsored

Anyone else have a 2022 order converted to 2023?

HPBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer texted me and said that if the Bronco I ordered isn’t under production by August 1st, the order will be dropped. I can choose to go on the list for a 2023 or get a refund. So sad. We will move to a 2023, but was curious if this has happened to anyone else? (I highly doubt my Bronco will start being built in the next week and a half so we are planning on having to switch to a 2023)
Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's happening to everyone else. The 23 order banks open in August. So an unfilled 22 order has to be resubmitted.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like your dealer is trying to weed out people who have grown tired of waiting but will probably renew the order anyway so they still get the Bronco and can sell for a mark up.....

Just kidding...who knows at this point?

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe it's just semantics, but if the 2021-2022 changeover is a guide then your 2022 order won't be cancelled, it will be converted/rolled-over to a 2023 order. You will have to confirm the conversion. Don't let the dealer cancel your order and put in an entirely new order since you would lose your place in line.

Last edited:

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe it's just semantics, but if the 2021-2022 changeover is a guide then your 2022 order won't be cancelled, it will be converted/rolled-over to a 2023 order. You will have to confirm the conversion. Don't let the dealer cancel your order and the put in an entirely new order since you would then lose your place in line.
I don't think placement in line has a meaning anymore. Sadly, people are getting dragged around because they are dedicated to the trim and options they want. I don't blame those who know what they want, I just blame the lack of preparation a major corporation shows, knowing that this vehicle will be highly sought after before production even started.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm waiting for my build date to get pushed to 2023. Sounds like they are testing the water to see if your still interested. Might as well put the dealer name out there, they may be on the list of shame.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please provide more info. Has your 2022 been scheduled? If yes .. then please note 2022 Job2 ends in nov.

If you have not been scheduled then there is a possibility you may need to move your order into 2023

My dealer texted me and said that if the Bronco I ordered isn’t under production by August 1st, the order will be dropped. I can choose to go on the list for a 2023 or get a refund. So sad. We will move to a 2023, but was curious if this has happened to anyone else? (I highly doubt my Bronco will start being built in the next week and a half so we are planning on having to switch to a 2023)

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be concerned that if they cancelled your order and resubmitted when the order banks open, you might not get any price protection that should be coming to you. When my order rolled into a 2022 I changed the color and added a constraint, but it wasn't cancelled, just rolled to the next year.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The August 1st deadline seems a bit early. September, October and part of November still need to be scheduled yet. The MY23 order banks don't allegedly open until mid August (I am betting that date slips). At that point, and if the MY22 process holds true, all orders will automatically be converted and given a 99 status. Dealers will then contact their order holders to confirm their orders and change the priority code.

If you already have a VIN then none of the above applies but there still is no August 1st deadline to be in production, or else.

OP
OP
HPBronco

HPBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe it's just semantics, but if the 2021-2022 changeover is a guide then your 2022 order won't be cancelled, it will be converted/rolled-over to a 2023 order. You will have to confirm the conversion. Don't let the dealer cancel your order and put in an entirely new order since you would lose your place in line.
thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP
HPBronco

HPBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please provide more info. Has your 2022 been scheduled? If yes .. then please note 2022 Job2 ends in nov.

If you have not been scheduled then there is a possibility you may need to move your order into 2023
No, it wasn’t scheduled yet.

OP
OP
HPBronco

HPBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
updated— Used the information I read in the replies and spoke with the dealership. The dealership says that they will keep me on the 2022 list and then roll it over to the 2023 if Ford doesn’t post that the build is started by August 1st.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your dealership should work with you as you need to resubmit your order as a 2023. Simply as options/colors and what not may change

updated— Used the information I read in the replies and spoke with the dealership. The dealership says that they will keep me on the 2022 list and then roll it over to the 2023 if Ford doesn’t post that the build is started by August 1st.
Sponsored