Sponsored

*UPDATE - RESOLVED* Anyone else have starter issues? (Multiple failures to start)

Mart

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having issues with the Bronco not starting. Press the start button and get a CLICK from underneath but no action from the starter. Press the button over and over and eventually it'll fire right up like nothing was ever wrong.

Have it scheduled to go to the dealer, but it's highly intermittent and will certainly be impossible for them to replicate without some real luck.

Anyone experience this and find the culprit?

-UPDATE-

I took another look at the starter this morning, and the nut for the power is clearly backed off and stuck sideways. It's not loose, and wouldn't budge in either direction, so I'm not dealing with it myself. Could I? Sure, but that's what warranty is for. It's at the dealer now.

20221005_112248.jpg
I just had a nightmarish issue with my 2022 bronco sport badlands today turning off and not starting while at a stoplight. Only have 1800 miles on it. Had it since early December. Very disturbing that it happened 3 times in one day. Called the dealership regarding this issue, unfortunately they can't accommodate me till monday if there's an opening for them to check what's going on. I'm dissapointed that there's no emergency start with an actual key, which for this model only opens the doors !lol. Don't even want to drive it till it's resolved. Was stuck for almost an hour till it started again. Under warranty, but so frustrating for it to happen. Checked online, possibly its the auto start/ stop while idle module. Nevertheless, brand spanking new and this happens.
Sponsored