Sponsored

Anyone Else Having Key Problems With Their 2021 Bronco ?

Pumpkinhead

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 Door has been having trouble starting recently, with the "No Key Detected" message popping up as I sit in the driver's seat with my key in hand. I have been able to start it by using the remote start function instead... until yesterday, when it refused to start at all and locked the engine, windows, and power... and set off the alarm when I opened the door. I was stuck in a CVS parking lot- groceries melting- for over an hour before it agreed to start again. (I called Ford's Roadside Assistance and their only option was to send a tow truck... in 2-3 hours!)

I took the rig to my dealer- Dean Sellers Ford in Troy, Michigan- today, but their Service Department could find nothing and actually told me to "take a picture" if it happened again. (I asked what I was supposed to photograph and he actually said, "your hand holding both keys by the start button." I am not kidding!) Naturally, the car refused to start when I tried to leave their parking lot, at which point the service tech looked at the car from a few feet away, said that Ford had nothing online about this issue, but he would send an e-mail to their hot line... and then walked off. Fortunately, my great salesperson had introduced me to a manager, while I was waiting earlier, who showed me that you can lift up the mat in the center console storage area and place your key in a shallow indentation there, which is near the receiver. The Bronco started... but who wants to have to put their key inside the console to start their own $60k 4x4!

Am I the only unlucky Bronco owner to have experienced this frustrating problem?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pumpkinhead

Pumpkinhead

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried the old school key on the door but did not use it to start the vehicle. Without an owner's manual, I wasn't sure how to remove the start button to access a manual lock, and my phone was almost dead and I couldn't find any info online. Even if I had, it would not solve the long-term problem of my #@$! key not working consistently. Thanks.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they even attempt to change the battery in the fob. I know it sounds like a weird thing since it’s new but in testing many vehicles have had weak batteries right out of the package leaving me and others fiddle-f’ing around to get to the key tray. I am sorry this happened though and the only backup is the location in the center console there is no other alternative

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you switch to your 2nd key, does the problem still occur?

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the center console if you lift up the mat there is a cut out to put the whole key fob inside of it to start the vehicle if the battery is dead in the fob

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They only problem I've had so far with my key fob is accidentally setting off the "alarm" when I have it in my pocket. :mad: It's happened three or four times so far and is embarrassing when I'm in a restaurant and it happens.

I prefer to just leave it in the Bronco and use the Keyless Entry Keypad to lock and unlock it. Don't know if that is a reasonable long term solution or not.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They only problem I've had so far with my key fob is accidentally setting off the "alarm" when I have it in my pocket. :mad: It's happened three or four times so far and is embarrassing when I'm in a restaurant and it happens.

I prefer to just leave it in the Bronco and use the Keyless Entry Keypad to lock and unlock it. Don't know if that is a reasonable long term solution or not.
There's a Forscan fix for that. It changes it so 2 presses are required to set the alarm off.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine occasionally will not recognize the FOB in the vehicle. But it's usually only for a few seconds then works fine. I have not tried switching batteries or retrieved the other FOB because it remedies itself.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
use a silicone key fob cover .. it takes alot to push the buttons by accident

Ford Bronco Anyone Else Having Key Problems With Their 2021 Bronco ? 1646962798223

Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When was it built? There is a TSB for some of the earlier ones.

tsb 21-2251: "Some 2021 bronco vehicles built on or before 09-jul-2021 may exhibit an intermittent no key detected message"

Mine does it, built 7/1/21. I haven't had it looked at yet.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

tsb 21-2251: "Some 2021 bronco vehicles built on or before 09-jul-2021 may exhibit an intermittent no key detected message"

Any idea what the TSB does to fix the issue? Mines built after that but has just started doing this. Sitting in the driver's seat and it pops the error. Clicking okay clears it but probably only a matter of time before it sticks.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank you for this. I was not aware.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Built 9/30 and I've had one case of no key. Changed key fob battery just in case and no issue since. But it was definitely odd.
Sponsored