Sponsored

Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think any of us who prefer "fossil fuel" vehicles over electric are out to lunch. We choose not to stop and plug in somewhere but to fill up instead.
You read my comment wrong.

I'm on a forum for a vehicle with a gas engine. I clearly don't think that those that prefer gas over electric are out to lunch. Ha.

Those that deny that an electric vehicle can be fun would be out to lunch though.
Sponsored

UrbanBigfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if we do purchase the bronco, i can see it being our last ICE vehicle. with our 2018 volvo xc60 and the possibility of a 2021 ford bronco, we won't be purchasing a new car after that for a long time.
I concur! Hybrids are inevitable/ good chance for all electric in just few years (charging network needed...which will take public/private funds)...so I'm going to ring out that V6 for all it's worth!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not interested. I plan for long drives halfway across the country once or twice a year and electric means one of two things;
- Driving a few hours and then stopping to charge for a few more hours, doubling my trip time and wasting half my vacation, or
- Having zero cargo space due to the immense size of the battery.
Not for me. I have two friends with Tesla's - one earlier version and one a year old - and they both can not wait to get back to either a hybrid or gas driven vehicle . . . not convenient. If I was driving 30 or 40 miles a day and never venturing outside of that - sure - but that will not be the case.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That cartoon represents a small minded point of view. With all the energy options out there, from wind, solar, tidal, natural gas, to full on fusion reactors(like the one china is building), small minded points of view like this only surpress these technologies. There was a time, very distant from now, when America had dreams, and built those dreams. Nothing could stop us, which is how we became the country that developed the atomic bomb, nuclear reactors, and put a man on the moon. Yet anytime people talk about energy independence it's thought of as a pipe dream and people are mocked back into submission.
Have we become a country that is so set in our ways that we have forgotten how to dream and build big? I hope not. Companies like Tesla have inspired other companies to think differently. Which is why there is a mustang mach E. We should be encouraging the same ideas in our energy industry. Why is it so hard to see that the longer we live in the past, the more the future will pass us by.
You all really need to lighten up, Bronco6g was built on humor and I guess some did not get the memo.

I've spent my entire career in advanced technology from satellites to solar cells for satellites to fuel cells to aircraft systems.

I understand from that experience the years technology takes to mature. When hybrids, ev, fuel cells , etc. are more mature and not range bound, then you will see an adoption rate higher than 2% (if you have better stats please share).

Meanwhile berating the other 98% of the people into adopting technology that does not meet their needs is a sure way to win adoptees.

Now back to the humorous meme's.

d9GcSsLnKN2tj4QpQoWGCiha4vaPkaTzfwCl-Dv4XAAGHTeg&s.jpg

Deleted member 13702

You all really need to lighten up, Bronco6g was built on humor and I guess some did not get the memo.

I've spent my entire career in advanced technology from satellites to solar cells for satellites to fuel cells to aircraft systems.

I understand from that experience the years technology takes to mature. When hybrids, ev, fuel cells , etc. are more mature and not range bound, then you will see an adoption rate higher than 2% (if you have better stats please share).

Meanwhile berating the other 98% of the people into adopting technology that does not meet their needs is a sure way to win adoptees.

Now back to the humorous meme's.

d9GcSsLnKN2tj4QpQoWGCiha4vaPkaTzfwCl-Dv4XAAGHTeg&s.jpg
Lol, funny I thought you were berating others with your meme. But hey, thanks for proving my point.

ee2f18e3b780b3a35dd0bfa25f4abcf9.jpg

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would love a magical vehicle that runs entirely on solar and wind, gives me 400 miles of range, and can haul my family and all our crap on a big road trip. Add the power to get up mountains and over long inclines. Now make it refuel in 5 minutes. And make it cost effective.

oh, wait, I have one of those. It’s called a gasoline engine car. Except for the solar and wind part, it does magical things.

I’m not willing to drop $100K on some plug-in that I cannot refuel where I live (parking garage), cannot refuel on the road (not nearly enough public stations), cannot carry my family and our stuff, cannot go the distances I need, and takes me a half day to refuel.

Deleted member 13702

I would love a magical vehicle that runs entirely on solar and wind, gives me 400 miles of range, and can haul my family and all our crap on a big road trip. Add the power to get up mountains and over long inclines. Now make it refuel in 5 minutes. And make it cost effective.

oh, wait, I have one of those. It’s called a gasoline engine car. Except for the solar and wind part, it does magical things.

I’m not willing to drop $100K on some plug-in that I cannot refuel where I live (parking garage), cannot refuel on the road (not nearly enough public stations), cannot carry my family and our stuff, cannot go the distances I need, and takes me a half day to refuel.
This thread was asking if anyone else was disappointed that they didn't offer a hybrid,your post makes no sense in relation to the topic. If it was a post concerning people that post on threads without reading the topic the you would be spot on.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

EV's are the wave of the future and with Biden in office there will no doubt be a stronger push for it. Question is "when will the shift happen?"

But the bigger question is that why is the Bronco engine compartment such a secret? Why has Ford chosen to show us everything except the engine bay? whether thru accidental or intentional leaks and spied photos and exhibitions we've seen everything except what's under the hood!!!
WHY??!!

I mean they've already announced the 2 engine types but won't reveal it thru pictures!!!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EV's are the wave of the future and with Biden in office there will no doubt be a stronger push for it. Question is "when will the shift happen?"

But the bigger question is that why is the Bronco engine compartment such a secret? Why has Ford chosen to show us everything except the engine bay? whether thru accidental or intentional leaks and spied photos and exhibitions we've seen everything except what's under the hood!!!
WHY??!!

I mean they've already announced the 2 engine types but won't reveal it thru pictures!!!
Biden pulled a sneaky.... The Bronco is electric.

White interiors, white roofs, and gas engines were a trick!

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure I would love to see an all electric Bronco, but I would not buy one at this point. For my intended use, the gas version is still best. We have owned a Lexus RX450h hybrid since 2012 and I like that car although the fuel efficiency gains are small. If owning an electric vehicle was as convenient as owning a gas vehicle then no problem, but at this point going off in the boonies in an all electric vehicle is going to be tricky whereas with gas it is pretty easy to bring extra fuel.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Biden pulled a sneaky.... The Bronco is electric.

White interiors, white roofs, and gas engines were a trick!
I'm not sure if that's a lame ATTEMPT at humor or what but I want to see the engine bay .... i want to at least see how to get to the oil filter ..... is it designed as much of a pain in the ass to get to, as in the Ranger? or has Ford actually thought about simple maintenance issues and access?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if that's a lame ATTEMPT at humor or what but I want to see the engine bay .... i want to at least see how to get to the oil filter ..... is it designed as much of a pain in the ass to get to, as in the Ranger? or has Ford actually thought about simple maintenance issues and access?
Shoot. I thought it was pretty good.

Anyway... Search the forums. There are photos of the engine and engine bay to be found but probably not as in depth as you may be looking for.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol, funny I thought you were berating others with your meme. But hey, thanks for proving my point.

Ford Bronco Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas? ee2f18e3b780b3a35dd0bfa25f4abcf9
When you want to have an intelligent discussion about solar cell efficiencies please continue.

chart_solar_pv.gif

Nd9GcRJ1I4wydOc7sdlTnr87fvMWxZ7cWyGqJN6MQ&usqp=CAU.png

eeAht22FNu61vcfEFeobiemHC927Zx90suM50J0zd5M3ZrymtC.jpg

Equals =
DSCN8080-web.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.