Sponsored

Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am an optimist.

The more full EV or plugin Hybrids/ Hybrid vehicles are sold over the coming years, the lower the demand for gasoline and so the lower the gasoline prices for me to enjoy my ICE powered cars....until when in the future when EVs have worked through the issues of range anxiety etc at which point I am in.

Not interested in planning my road trips based on the location of charge stations. Charging has to become as easily accessible and “transportable” as gasoline stations and gas cans for some of us to abandon gasoline altogether.

OP
OP
midwestpilot

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am an optimist.

The more full EV or plugin Hybrids/ Hybrid vehicles are sold over the coming years, the lower the demand for gasoline and so the lower the gasoline prices for me to enjoy my ICE powered cars....until when in the future when EVs have worked through the issues of range anxiety etc at which point I am in.

Not interested in planning my road trips based on the location of charge stations. Charging has to become as easily accessible and “transportable” as gasoline stations and gas cans for some of us to abandon gasoline altogether.
Agreed. That’s the big unknown. I did see something by cool the other day where a company is experimenting with charging stations that are retrofitted onto existing street lamps, parking meters and telephone poles. May not be as much as a dedicated station but super accessible and easy to expand.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am an optimist.

If Nikola Tesla hadn't been jobbed by JP Morgan then we would have free electricity being beamed out all over the place.

Just like Tucker getting screwed by Chevy, Dodge and Ford in the 40s/50s.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love an electric Bronco, but if it would have to get 500miles a charge and there'll have to be small battery packs or generators for overlanding or going far out.

Then there'll have to be quick charging stations on the way to the trails.

So I think it will be a while for electric to take over the off road space.

For street only cars, I think we're already there. Charge at home or work, and you're good. Take some road trips, eat and charge and you're on your way.

-----

Once I started looking into Rivian, they looked really cool, and had a lot of cool functionality. But they are just too expensive right now.

I'm not looking for Toyota reliability but if the Bronco can last me about 10-15 years AND we can have a second electric car for everyday errands, I think it will be the best of both worlds. And after those 15 years, that's when we'll see some real, affordable, capable electric off road vehicles.

Gas isn't going anywhere in the short term, especially if we're still making petroleum and plastics. However, I think with regulations, and depending on how well cars like the Mach-E do, I think we'll see a shift sooner rather than later.

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gas:
Ford Bronco Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas? D0C60289-E803-4478-9F64-6567C72DA7ED

Reactions: Jdc

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That engine is insane!!
That engine is going to be 445 cubic inches of swapper's dreams! They've already pushedthem over 600hp with just a cam/intake swap, and they're relatively small because of the pushrod design--it's narrower than the coyote and will fit right in a fox body.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That engine is going to be 445 cubic inches of swapper's dreams! They've already pushedthem over 600hp with just a cam/intake swap, and they're relatively small because of the pushrod design--it's narrower than the coyote and will fit right in a fox body.
I thought that engine was like 700 something HP? Am I confusing them? Someone posted something the other day. Good engineering is awesome.

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think that some of the worst parts about electric offroad will be solved over the next few years as more people adopt but man, this is hard. Gas is really just so cheap and easy right now. Currently reserved a Badlands with the V6 but feeling torn. Would love to hear other thoughts!
Currently have a Tesla Model 3 and love it! The range is more than enough to suit my needs, low- to no-maintenance, pennies to charge at home but also public charging stations are popping up everywhere, and perks like being able to drive in the HOV lane by myself or designated parking spaces at local shops are the icing on the cake. I was excited to hear about the possibility of a PHEV Bronco coming down the pike. Gonna get a manual, CG Big Bend in the meantime, but if the PHEV or an all-electric Bronco surfaces a few years from now, I'm all in!

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A hybrid would be ok. My wife drives a volt so there is no range issues with it. She goes the first 70 miles or so before it kicks over to gas.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Factory manual transmissions will be gone before fossil fuels.

I want one last non-sports car manual transmission before I can't shift anymore.

When the technology is there for a Bronco that's all electric with 600-1000 miles of off-road range, then I'll get one.
My feelings exactly. I'd love a hybrid though

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Retrofits already are available and will only be more prevalent the more electrics end up in junkyards. I have already priced the conversion for my Eagle, but the prive isnt low enough yet to beat out building a 5.2 (that i have) for the power levels I want. Im trying to build it into a offroad muscle wagon. But in 10 years i bet you will be able to do an aftermarket conversion kit for $10,000 with 400hp but likely only moderate range. Little more for good batteries. I am interested in an electric MT model for maybe our second Bronco if it ever comes to that. My plan is get a nice built up 4 door for now, to keep my wife happy and then since I live on a small island just get a electric 2 door in 5 years or so to build for full-time bikini top toy status.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.