Sponsored

Anyone else hoping the timing aligns with their lease return and Bronco delivery?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Infinity Red Sport (I miss that car!) lease ended March 1st 2020, perfect timing for a lease end date! I hardly drive during the week since Covid hit, just steal my wife's suv and drive the truck on the weekends. I don't plan on leasing the Bronco since I plan to keep it.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I considered that, but truth is I just want to get out of it and be done.
Oh, your original post DOESNT include the lease extension. Why the doomsday scenario that you wont make it work out time-wise. You have a MTM lease extension in your back pocket...

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, your original post DOESNT include the lease extension. Why the doomsday scenario that you wont make it work out time-wise. You have a MTM lease extension in your back pocket...
I'll just say this particular vehicle hasn't really been the best for me. Now it just sits in the driveway, mocking me... Judging me...

That and I can probably get away with stealing the wife's car when I need to make a quick run somewhere anyway.

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My lease isn't up until August 2022 so I hope I'm not stuck with 2 payments for an extended period of time. Worst case scenario, I can look at trading it in or selling to Vroom or Carvana.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My F150 lease is up at the end of October. Not interested in doing a lease extension, I’ll just buy an older Ranger or something to drive in the meantime if I have to

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leased in 2017 because the Bronco was rumored to be out by lease end. That date has come and gone.

Ford wouldn’t extend the lease last year, so I bought it 😉

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Way back when we thought the Bronco would be available MY2020, I was very hopeful that it would be released before my lease ended in Oct 2020. As the release saga continued I quickly realized timing was not going to be perfect, but was still hopeful because I had assumed a MY2021 would come out in the fall of 2020. We know how that played out... Thought about lots of options like renting a car, finding a very short-term lease, buying an old beater off Craigslist, becoming a one-car household, etc... But at the time, not knowing even what month I would get my Bronco, I didn't want to throw away money renting a car for who knows how long... And decided I didn't want to drive an old beater through a Minnesota winter. So here I am, I have now purchased the car I was leasing and plan to do a private sale right before taking delivery and just hoping that I can sell it for >= what I owe on it.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Leased in 2017 because the Bronco was rumored to be out by lease end. That date has come and gone.

Ford wouldn’t extend the lease last year, so I bought it 😉
Same boat... was quite hopeful of the timing back in 2017. Look at us now... a whole pandemic-botched launch later and we own cars we didn't want to own, fill our time pouring through a forum that gives us hope for future that was Built Wild, and threw some green down on a vehicle that may or may not be delivered to us a year after we needed it. (y)

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got a great offer from Carvana for my Altima last summer and we become a 1 car household for a hot minute since I've been remote since last March and will be until at least September. We did pick up a $2k 2001 F150 at the end of summer but it didn't pass MD state inspection so it currently isn't registered which apparently isn't a problem as long as the state of emergency is ongoing. I have a day 1 res and expect to get it sometime this summer so I'm hoping I'll be fine and won't have to drop any additional money into the truck that gets me to and from Lowe's and Tee Ball practice just fine which is all I need it for and will eventually register it as a historic vehicle once I need to.

Sponsored

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, but lease ends next month so I'll just buy it. I expect I'll make a couple thousand selling it when the Bronco arrives and can just add that to the down payment.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Own the current ride out right. So, really dreading a payment again. 🤷‍♂️

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My lease isn't up until August 2022 so I hope I'm not stuck with 2 payments for an extended period of time. Worst case scenario, I can look at trading it in or selling to Vroom or Carvana.
Check swap lease too, someone may want to take over the balance of your term for a short-term car solution e.g. they're waiting on a delayed Bronco.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My lease ends June 2022 and Ford allows you to return a lease with no penalty up to 3 months early if you lease or purchase another Ford
So that puts March -June 2022 as the sweet spot for delivery and why I am so chill compared to the rest of you. If I happen to get it in 2021, Then I only have a small amount of time with an extra vehicle.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My BMW lease is up on June 8th. I may have to extend a month or 2...
Sponsored