Sponsored

Anyone else reconsidering due to lack of payload?

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First I agree Ford have to get their $h1t together.

Second WTF, if you are planning on towing stuff get an F-150 or an expedition and stop ruining this thing for the rest of us. God knows Ford is F-ing it enough without you’ll helping.

I plan on taking the whole family to test drive it, if it can move and stop I’m all set!!!
?
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suppose, you get in a wreck(not your fault) and it rolls andthey prove you're overweight....you may have to eat the liability.
Not sure if that's the concern?????
Why not? You clearly ate everything else. Badum tiss!

This is why your parents always told you to go to the bathroom before you took a trip! Take a big dump; you'll be fine!

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything is so over regulated now. Companies always test these things out and cut the max way back. If a ladder says 200 lbs, it’s good for 300. I think how much I’ve put in my Thule boxes, both roof and hitch over the past 10 years and know how much I’ve been over. Never an issue.
Like others have said, I need towing. Boat, snowmobiles, trailer, etc.
BTW the payload on my 2015 BMW 328i is 1,010 lbs. Payload in Bronco Sport is 1,000 lbs.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not? You clearly ate everything else. Badum tiss!

This is why your parents always told you to go to the bathroom before you took a trip! Take a big dump; you'll be fine!
It wasn't ME !!! Thus all the "skinnier wife" comments .... "I told you to eat a salad!!!"

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep I’m back to looking into a 4Runner Or Tacoma. Being over the limit with just a few passengers and duffle bags is crazy to me.

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything is so over regulated now. Companies always test these things out and cut the max way back. If a ladder says 200 lbs, it’s good for 300. I think how much I’ve put in my Thule boxes, both roof and hitch over the past 10 years and know how much I’ve been over. Never an issue.
Like others have said, I need towing. Boat, snowmobiles, trailer, etc.
BTW the payload on my 2015 BMW 328i is 1,010 lbs.
I stopped buying the 220 lb step ladders after breaking 2....

Me 220, sheet of drywall 50, pressure on screwdriver 30 or more, ladder broken, drywall broken on head. And really breaking the drywall on my head was the best case scenario.

I pay more attention to wght limits now. Again, it likely will not affect my purchase, but may affect how I load it.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Less payload than my Charger lol....

Add 350 lbs of tongue weight for a trailer (10% of Gross Trailer Weight) and then you have 350 left for passengers and roof rack equipment? I must be missing something lol.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Our Subaru Ascent..... 5000-pound tow and 1400 pound payload. Very different mission but, wow, that's a big variance. Thank goodness I am keeping our 2016 GMC 3500HD Denali long bed crew cab diesel. I can tow a damn house with that thing and bring along the family and dog and cooler and duffels and kitchen sink.....

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand some people’s concern but doesn’t everyone get that this is a fully ARTIFICIAL, SELF IMPOSED weight limit?

Ford chose to be in Class 1 (< 6000 lbs). No government agency came to Ford, inspected the vehicle and said, ”based on your design and functional capabilities, the Bronco must be in class 1 and therefore your max weight limit is 6,000lbs.” Ford CHOSE to be in class 1 on their own, and solely so they could be “in the same class“ as Jeep. But if Ford didn’t change one single thing on the Bronco and tomorrow decided to change to class 2 (6,001 to 10,000 lbs) that same exact rig with no structural changes would likely be be allowed to be in Class 2 and be able to have a massive payload - WITH NO CHANGES TO DESIGN.

So be real - the truck itself CAN handle some extra weight. No matter what class it’s in, just don’t drive crazy with stupid weight on board.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, I'm sure Ford knows the data and rather than share they are going out of their way to hide it.
Ford literally put numbers on their website six months ago at the reveal so anyone can determine the max and min if they cared to look. While I understand some folks don't understand the numbers or even thought about payload, but that is not Ford's fault. There is no conspiracy to hide the payload numbers.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the new F150 is having unknown payload capabilities at time of order. Over on the F150gen14 forum, people are taking delivery and posting window and payload stickers. Much less of an issue there I would think. My guess is these numbers won’t be known until deliveries start. Kind of a bummer for those loaded up, 2.7L squatched 4 doors.