Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like the new Hummer SUV, actually. But the price is just too steep for the first edition. And I think the "cheapest" version (about 80k) is too stripped down in terms of battery and off-road features and won't even be out until 2024 at best.

I'm in pretty good financial shape, but those prices are just a bridge too far for me to be interested.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just reserved the Hummer EV SUV edition 1 that was revealed today. Just curious if anyone else reserved one as a backup option or as a second vehicle? Since I have a late reservation for the Bronco and would actually like to hold out for a Warthog, I probably wonā€™t get it until late 2022 or 2023. The Hummer Edition 1 is supposed to be available early 2023 and looks like it may have a limited edition Moonshot Green Matte paint option. This may be a tough decision when the time comes.
The Hummer EV has complicated things for me and for the first time I am less than 90% sure would be driving a Bronco in 2o22...my only hesitance is that it wouldn't be avaialble till 2023. My main draw for the Hummer is that it will be an EV but on the other hand a lot of thought went into making the BRONCO especially with its modularity. That said, the Bronco may become obsolete in its current form in the next year. Can Ford surprise with a hybrid Warthog for 2022, at least? BTW when exactly is the Warthog getting revealed?

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just couldnā€™t See the cost/benefit being worth having a large EV with a 300mi range. Not sure the purpose.

we have a F150 PowerBoost hybrid (700 mi range) on order so we are doing our part for the environment, plus Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t drive my Bronco FE in sport/Baja mode hardly ever.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sale never went through, and it's technically a GMC Hummer. The Hummer brand is still dead
ā€˜they are calling it a ā€œpartnershipā€ between SAIC Shanghai Automotive Industrial Corporation and GM

bottom line..none Of it is GMā€™s money and the factory is now owned by SAIC and used to be called Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly Center, now just called FacTory Zero. You have to dig deep ..just a media relations repackage because of the outrage of GM selling Hummer to China.

Ford Bronco Anyone else reserve the Hummer EV SUV? 94A21E2B-96E5-43D0-894F-FB7174D6F345

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never even considered it. Not because it's a Hummer. Not because it doesn't look as good as the Bronco. Not even because it's electric (which does sound interesting). Only because it's way more than what I'm willing to pay. Nicely equipped, it's about twice as much as I'm paying for my $1,000-under-invoice Bronco. For the money, I'd get the Bronco and a Tesla Model 3 or some other electric and have the best of both worlds and two vehicles.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€˜they are calling it a ā€œpartnershipā€ between SAIC Shanghai Automotive Industrial Corporation and GM

bottom line..none Of it is GMā€™s money and the factory is now owned by SAIC and used to be called Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly Center, now just called FacTory Zero. You have to dig deep ..just a media relations repackage because of the outrage of GM selling Hummer to China.

Ford Bronco Anyone else reserve the Hummer EV SUV? 94A21E2B-96E5-43D0-894F-FB7174D6F345
OK but none of that is true

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep. Cool truck.

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No to the Hummer SUV. But, I do have a reservation for the Hummer EV truck and a Cybertruck. Not sure which one I want yet. Keeping my Bronco either way.
Sponsored