Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought about getting a reservation, then I looked up the projected price. A $50k daily/toy is one thing, but a $106k daily/toy is something entirely different.
Exactly. no way with that price tag. Would rather have the unconventional look with the steal of a price the Cybertruck offers. I suspect Tesla will surprise with performance

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I reserved an Edition 1 SUV. They're touting crazy specs. Will wait and see how they all shake out. The PU version is due out later this year so it may be a good barometer to start with. Curious to see the moonshot matte paint. Still getting my Bronco. They are two different vehicles and really shouldn't be compared to each other.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is there so much hate for innovation? I’ll never understand this model allegiance of some people.

That hummer is bad ass and includes a ton of really cool innovation and technology. GMC charging to recoup the R&D costs. Just like Tesla did, there first car was, wait for it 109K 🤯🤯😮

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put a reservation in just to see how this all plays out. If all these green energy initiatives actually get through congress, then by 2023 we could see some serious tax incentives that could make gas vehicles less appealing. Things like exorbitant gas taxes and property taxes on gas vehicles could be potentially horrific. Couple that with tax credits for electric vehicles and widespread implementation of charging stations and the whole game changes. Finally, on top of that, like others, I'm not even 90% convinced I'll see my Bronco before I'd see be able to get a EV Hummer SUV, much less a hybrid or EV Bronco.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is there so much hate for innovation? I’ll never understand this model allegiance of some people.

That hummer is bad ass and includes a ton of really cool innovation and technology. GMC charging to recoup the R&D costs. Just like Tesla did, there first car was, wait for it 109K 🤯🤯😮
It is not hate for innovation. It is a dislike for huge bulkiness, poor visibility, 8th grade interior design, and most of all, PRICE.

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That commercial sold me.....if I hit the lotto I'll def be getting one. It does look like it takes turns better suited for my driving though. I'm real nervous about flipping the bronco or getting annoyed with how slow I have to go in a turn, aside from the interior color choices I'm boxed into. And the range thing is a bummer but I'd take it. She looks soooooo pretty

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just as free charging is over. At least in BC Canada. Law passed to allow companies to charge fees for all charging terminals. Already. 🤗

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not like the Hummer. It looks a lot like the Bronco, had it been designed in the 90s. The price point is a bit high, especially when taking into consideration the range estimates. For what it is, a 250 mile range is probably a significant accomplishment, but to have to spend a minimum of 90k to push the range to 300 miles/charge? Nope.

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just reserved the Hummer EV SUV edition 1 that was revealed today. Just curious if anyone else reserved one as a backup option or as a second vehicle? Since I have a late reservation for the Bronco and would actually like to hold out for a Warthog, I probably won’t get it until late 2022 or 2023. The Hummer Edition 1 is supposed to be available early 2023 and looks like it may have a limited edition Moonshot Green Matte paint option. This may be a tough decision when the time comes.
Not I. It looks pretty sweet though- a whole lot like a redesigned Toyota FJ!

theslide

Big Bend
First Name
Slide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Off-road SUV dominance battle just got ratcheted up a couple of notches. So many shades of the 2021 Bronco in this design. Can an EV Bronco be too far behind?

GMC Hummer EV
Sponsored