Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And is that Cactus Grey?
Ford Bronco Anyone else reserve the Hummer EV SUV? hummer-ev-reveal-suv-off-road-capabilities-vp38
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100k. Uh huh.

OP
OP
Bronco007

Bronco007

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting at $79k, no thank you.
I agree starting at $79k is a lot of money for a vehicle. But since I would like to wait for the Warthog, I don’t think it will be that far off when their prices are revealed. And have to consider that the Hum Ev SUV you will be saving on gas, oil changes and possibly tax savings.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just reserved the Hummer EV SUV edition 1 that was revealed today. Just curious if anyone else reserved one as a backup option or as a second vehicle? Since I have a late reservation for the Bronco and would actually like to hold out for a Warthog, I probably won’t get it until late 2022 or 2023. The Hummer Edition 1 is supposed to be available early 2023 and looks like it may have a limited edition Moonshot Green Matte paint option. This may be a tough decision when the time comes.
at the end of the day its still a Chevy and crap

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So that never happened. Hummer was not sold to a Chinese company. I bought my H3T in November 2009 a few days after the sale was nixed by the Feds. The deal the Obama Administration cut with GM is if GM killed the Hummer brand, the US Government would cover any and all warranty costs for GM under the Administration's Auto Recovery Act. There was a document the dealership had from the Feds that stated as such and included it as part of the vehicle sale paperwork.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol, no thnx.

broncojimmy

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sooo the SUV isn't too awful looking, but I still love the look of the Bronco. AND the price point is getting up there. So I decided my plan of attack should be:

1) reserve a Hummer EV SUV now
2) buy $100 of crypto now
3) drive around in my BB for approx two years
4) check (1000x) value of my crypto (now two years later)
5) upgrade my BB to a Warthog with said crypto, and get my $100 back from the Hummer reservation 😁

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
300 mile range estimate is under ideal conditions. Real world will likely be between 200-250 miles or lower. These will see more use on Sunset Blvd than any offroad trails. It’s a status symbol and unless you live in an area with a large and established EV charging network (I don’t), I don’t see this being a very practical purchase. However, I do foresee a ton of these being sold in southern CA.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
F no.

Sponsored

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just reserved the Hummer EV SUV edition 1 that was revealed today. Just curious if anyone else reserved one as a backup option or as a second vehicle? Since I have a late reservation for the Bronco and would actually like to hold out for a Warthog, I probably won’t get it until late 2022 or 2023. The Hummer Edition 1 is supposed to be available early 2023 and looks like it may have a limited edition Moonshot Green Matte paint option. This may be a tough decision when the time comes.
what did they charge you to hold one? I can tell you I just went to the Ford dealership an hour ago to see the Bronco tour and they had 2 four door models and admitted they could not get their hands on a 2 door. And these guys are marketing the car.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Given I drive 4k miles a year PRE COVID, I would need to own this thing for a lifetime to breakeven on the premium paid for the EV versus cost of gas....which is why I could kind of care less about the sas mpg.

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, but I will be watching the awesome videos on YouTube where off road EV’s explode during river crossings.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope. Out of my price range and not a huge fan of gm products. My $56k daily driver is good enough.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard no. This infatuation with EVs is going to end badly. Key truths - inability to recycle expensive, short-lifespan batteries, huge current and growing disposal problem, limited supply of lithium, cobalt, rare earths and other key elements needed to manufacture batteries will create a mining crisis and exploding costs for said batteries, short range, inevitable tax levies that the current subsidized crop of EVs enjoy, the ban of EVs to be parked underground or in some car parks due to fire hazard to name a few.

That replacement battery you’ll need for your EV could be double the cost in a few years. Add that to depreciation and you’ve sunk a f-ton of cash into a commodity that will depreciate severely.

This fad will end. Buyer beware.
Sponsored

Last edited: