Sponsored

Anyone else think seats aren't comfortable?

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read as much of the internet as I could about the seat comfort, and everything I find pretty much says how comfortable everyone thinks they are.

Does anyone think they aren't? I've got the MGV, I've had my Bronco for a few weeks, and just can't get any enjoyment out of the seats. I kind of don't like sitting in them.

The material is great and feels good to the touch, the manual adjustments are fine, steering wheel adjustability is good - but the shape of the seat back just kills me. The upper portion of the seat (where the embossed bronco is) leans back too much so I don't have any support for my upper back and shoulders, and that stupid indent (where the Bronco Nation logo is on the photo) feels like a rock in my shoe. But on my back.

Am I alone in this?

marine-grade-vinyl-seat-bronco-jpg.jpg

For reference, I'm 6'1" 190lb.
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're the first one I've seen mention this on here. I feel exactly the same. The upper third of my back doesn't touch the seat.

When I first sat in the Bronco it felt great, better than my old vehicle, but I didn't have enough time to notice this. The other day when I sat in my old car, the seat was so comfy with my back fully resting against the seat.

I can't say I'm uncomfortable in the Bronco seat but if that was fixed the seat would be a dream.

Also that indent doesn't bother me at all. I don't notice it. It's just my back and shoulders not fully able to rest against the seat.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm also 6'1", but am coming in a bit heftier at 240 lbs, My shoulders touched the backrest just fine and found the back rest to be as comfortable as can possibly be (herniated disc in spine, plus some nerve damage).

That being said, my max seat time in a MY21 Bronco was only 45 minutes of driving. But there have certainly been cars where 45 min was more than enough to cause pain and notice discomfort.

So, touching only on your point of shoulders not contacting the full seat back, have you tried reducing the lumbar support as much as possible and having a relaxed shoulder position? If that doesn't work, then it sounds like every day is going to be shoulders and arm day to bulk up and fill the space! 😁

OP
OP
nottinbe

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also that indent doesn't bother me at all. I don't notice it. It's just my back and shoulders not fully able to rest against the seat.
It is possible the indent itself isn't the problem, but that maybe I blame it since that's where the problem starts. It's at that spot that the upper portion of the seat leans away from my back, whereas in other vehicles it tends to curve towards and support my back.

As far as body mass, that may play a part. The lower portion of the seat is doesn't have a lot of give, so I don't really press into it much. Maybe with some more weight you sink back further getting your shoulders closer to that upper portion.

I've been thinking of seeing if an automotive upholsterer could make some adjustments. I don't want to get covers or have them re-upholstered, I like the MGV. But maybe they could change the cushions or padding.

That being said, my max seat time in a MY21 Bronco was only 45 minutes of driving.
I've done two 6 hour drives and two 8 hour drives so far. I've never had an issue driving long stretches (and I don't consider those long) in other vehicles. The Bronco seats made those drives a pain.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've read as much of the internet as I could about the seat comfort, and everything I find pretty much says how comfortable everyone thinks they are.

Does anyone think they aren't? I've got the MGV, I've had my Bronco for a few weeks, and just can't get any enjoyment out of the seats. I kind of don't like sitting in them.

The material is great and feels good to the touch, the manual adjustments are fine, steering wheel adjustability is good - but the shape of the seat back just kills me. The upper portion of the seat (where the embossed bronco is) leans back too much so I don't have any support for my upper back and shoulders, and that stupid indent (where the Bronco Nation logo is on the photo) feels like a rock in my shoe. But on my back.

Am I alone in this?

Ford Bronco Anyone else think seats aren't comfortable? marine-grade-vinyl-seat-bronco-

For reference, I'm 6'1" 190lb.
I drove around in them for 2 days. About halfway through the first I ended up putting the lumbar lower/further back and adjust the back more upright.

I'm about the same size as you, just closer to the 240lb mark. It was hitting me exactly like you described.

Once I adjusted as above they were comfy AF.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've done two 6 hour drives and two 8 hour drives so far. I've never had an issue driving long stretches (and I don't consider those long) in other vehicles. The Bronco seats made those drives a pain.
Then it sounds like you're going to have to keep playing with the seat position or sell the vehicle. (y)

OP
OP
nottinbe

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then it sounds like you're going to have to keep playing with the seat position or sell the vehicle. (y)
The thought did cross my mind. But I like the rest of it too much. Worst case I'll have the seats completely redone and just not have MGV. Then at least I could get cooled seats 🤷‍♂️ .

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm about to spend 20 hours in the saddle this coming weekend. I'll update you on my thoughts on the seat. If they are anything like the Raptor, I'll really like it.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was in the driver's seat of a wildtrack at Texas Off-Roadeo for almost 7 hrs and never fealt uncomfortable in the seat. I've had back surgery and still fealt comfortable and supported and it wasn't even one with a fully power manipulatable seat.

Hard to make a seat that fits all the different sizes and shapes of people and their individual senses of comfort.

I think ford did a good job, personally.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After 8 hours of off roading at the Bronco Off-Roadeo in MOAB my wife and I both commented how comfy the seats were. We drove a Badlands at the Off-Roadeo with MGV. We have the leather in ours which is just as comfy. The only thing I wish they had were cooled seats.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The thought did cross my mind. But I like the rest of it too much. Worst case I'll have the seats completely redone and just not have MGV. Then at least I could get cooled seats 🤷‍♂️ .
If the shape of the seat and your body shape are a poor match, the surface material isn't going to make much difference. You'll just have an uncomfortable seat with different materials.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After 8 hours of off roading at the Bronco Off-Roadeo in MOAB my wife and I both commented how comfy the seats were. We drove a Badlands at the Off-Roadeo with MGV. We have the leather in ours which is just as comfy. The only thing I wish they had were cooled seats.
Doesn't get much cooler than driving with the doors off :love:

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"I am 6 ft 3 ":rolleyes: i like them on my big bend pleasantly supersized i was afraid i wouldn't like them as much as my f250 but they seem good

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I have owned my 2011 F 150 ,I have maybe turned the cool seat option on three times. The first time was to make sure they worked. That is an option I do not require.
Sponsored