Sponsored

Anyone else think that the SAS tires suck in the rain?

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not accustomed to driving this size vehicles, so maybe it’s just the size of the Bronco, but I’m really not impressed with its charasitics in the rain. It seems to easily hydroplane. Is it these SAS tires or just standard with these things?

I feel that my f250 with 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers does better in the rain.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anything will hydroplane if you drive fast enough.

OP
OP
puckett_jw

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im still getting used to driving a small suv too. But the SAS Goodyears have handled everything I’ve thrown at it, and thrown rocks right back. The insane rock throwing is my only complaint so far.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like they're average all around tires. They do good enough for most every situation but don't stand out in any way.

For OEM tires, they're not bad. I wouldn't buy them stand alone.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like they're average all around tires. They do good enough for most every situation but don't stand out in any way.

For OEM tires, they're not bad. I wouldn't buy them stand alone.
Not to worry. You can ONLY get the OEM tires from the factory. You can only get replacements with Wrangler on them.

Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not accustomed to driving this size vehicles, so maybe it’s just the size of the Bronco, but I’m really not impressed with its charasitics in the rain. It seems to easily hydroplane. Is it these SAS tires or just standard with these things?

Actually I feel the exact opposite. Had 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Ram 2500 and they were almost dangerous in the rain. Two months later and I’m in the Bronco with the Territory tires and they feel confidence inspiring. Now if we’re talking about gravel then I’d agree the Nittos are better. But dry dusty traction incline crawling and wet, the stock Sasquatches are by far superior.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

worked perfectly fine for me in some heavy rains going 70-80 on I-5 and also around town, certainly never started to float or feel out of control. They stick to the road and make this heavy truck drive like a sedan, really no complaints except that they like to throw pebbles, but mudflaps in the front took care of that.
I don't think I'll buy them again once they wear out, but really no complaints otherwise for my driving where I'm at.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I can’t speak to the Sas tires but I can speak to the weight difference between the Bronc and the F250. Especially if you had the PSD. The weight of the 250 definitely made a difference in keeping the truck planted on the road in wet conditions. The Bronco is much lighter and a bit more squirrelly on wet roads.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, they’re great in the rain. No problems.

OP
OP
puckett_jw

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve only put about 300 miles on it, so I’ve not had much seat time with it, but I was coming home after a hard rain &’anything over 30-35, just felt uneasy.

I bought this for a fun/extra vehicle for next 24 months or so until my old st is driving age, and I just don’t think that I trust those tires.

As for throughing gravel, they are the worst tire I’ve had. I have about a mile long driveway that is mostly gravel &I get out while the gate is opening to pick the rocks out of the tires. I cringe at 45 & at 65 as those seem to be the 2 speeds that let go of the rocks.

I did not order it with any boards as I assumed that I’d be installing amp drop down board, so there is 0 protection. I have a set of Rock Slide Engineering step/sliders with the optional skid plates on order, but that is still weeks away. When they tint windows Tuesday I’m having clear PPF installed on the rocker panels.
Sponsored