Sponsored

Anyone else thinking of ceramic coating their new Bronco?

diablo0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I find the high quality synthetic waxes do a fantastic job at preserving an automobile's finish. I have only professionally ceramic coated one vehicle (my wife's car - BMW X5 for a cost of $2K) and there is no question it made maintenance of the finish easier. However, I will probably not coat my Bronco, but detail it to the best of my ability. I have found that a regular hand wash is THE critical element in preserving finishes. If you want to dramatically increase your car washing results, use deionized water (I use a CR Spotless system).

I second using deionized water (especially if you are on a well). I've used CR Spotless in the past but found it a pain to use. I've since moved over to the Griot's system. I've hand washed my Subaru Forester since I brought it home 2 years ago, Subaru is well known for thin paint.

jw333

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Google can only give me so much. Does anyone have a ballpark number on the cost to PPF the Bronco 4dr?

jw333

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Google can only give me so much. Does anyone have a ballpark number on the cost to PPF the Bronco 4dr?
I would also like to cover the windows with ceramic tint film.

Sponsored

Mvp0816

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mighty max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all I’m a professional detailer down in SWFL I’m offering special member pricing for ceramic coating. The cost is $800 price includes interior vacuumed and wiped down. Exterior washed, clay bar, paint correction, pre ceramic prep spray, pre ceramic slica final polish and topped off with 4 year 9h coating. All painted and plastic surfaces will be coated as well.
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of ceramic coating their new Bronco? 718191CB-1721-4434-8F4A-059A184824BF
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of ceramic coating their new Bronco? D28384A6-87FE-40FC-B498-AD079DFF4D4D
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of ceramic coating their new Bronco? E17DA36C-E683-4F60-899D-0AE2C9BAEF8A
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of ceramic coating their new Bronco? D28CB217-0FC4-4763-AFD5-001A46CE179B
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of ceramic coating their new Bronco? 718191CB-1721-4434-8F4A-059A184824BF

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As many have stated ceramic coatings do not protect from pin stripping or other paint damage. Don’t believe the hype. They are essentially a high end wax which depending on pro vs DIY products will last up to 3 years to repel water and maintain a nice shine.

Personally I’ve resorted to hand washing my SAS and will apply Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray coating. Lasts up to a year and holds its own with professional options. Plenty of side-by-side reviews and torture tests of these products on YouTube and this product comes out on top. For $15.99 and easy on off application you won’t find a better value.

Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating - 16 Fl Oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XYPS3P...abc_AF1T6QKVVTHV7X3SYSNN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, as soon as they put the airbag in and I can buy it.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did full ceramic coat as soon as I got it off the lot. Had a crew do it for me along with tint and 10ml bra (all front facing stuff as rocks here in AZ freeways are redonk). I think it was worth just getting that extra protection on the truck.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Paint correction...come on guys I HATE that term...call it what is is...wet sand and buff...buff means use a harsher rubbing compound (which leaves swirls) if needed then a swirl remover (finishing compound)...it's buffing for God's sake not paint correction...oh and swirls there aren't swirls in factory (or body shop) applied paint unless it's been touched up with a buffing compound....freshly painted virgin paint does not have swirls orange peel YES...no swirls...swirls come from buffing with rubbing compound........how would you get swirls from paint directly from the spray gun?? Car manufactures don't buff cars....maybe in some small spots....that's to labor intensive to buff each car.

one must beware car manufactures use as little paint as they can get away with...this means thin clear coat....don't be overly agressive when sanding and buffing...beware those edges, work the buffer pad away from the edge not towards it....edges burn though very easily...
Actually most swirls come from incorrect washing practices and towel drying.
Sponsored