Sponsored

Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring?

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The alloy beauty ring can be misleading. Depending on vehicle color, lighting and picture quality. Figure I get some opinions as to what matches best or just paint it! And if paint is the way to go ... what do you guys have in mind ? Process, prep, texture ,,

Matches really well .. A better picture definitely would help decide. Ive only seen one grainy photo of this build to judge. Also would like to see a Carb Grey Bronco with these wheels

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 1605720440100

This build looks good with out a painted ring as well, But imagine all black like the WT ? Or Red ... btw I love this build ...

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 1605720376753

NO ,, This A51 Rig must have a paint job for the beauty rings! Or is it the photo quality? Only A51 with these wheels I have seen.

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 1605720191564

Love classic OJ white, This can work .. But would all black or all white beauty rings look better ,,,, probably

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 1605720783950

Painted white ring on the Filson build looks great ... Put them on the 2-door above and we have a winner ... or tacky lol ?

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 1605721723784

Surprisingly alloy beauty rings look really good on Cactus Grey ... Ive mostly seen the all black wheels on most photos of CG

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 1605720995268

All Black! This looks way better then expected. Seems nobody likes their Bronco in black. Paint the rings black and this rig is even more aggressive!

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 1605721114557

AMB beauty ring stands out for sure .. Contrast on full display, Thoughts on this combo ?

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 1605924137863
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the bigger reasons I chose the WT is for the black beauty ring
Stupid I know but I’m just not a fan of Sasquatch alloy ring...

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not a big fan of color matched accessories on wheels.

If I paint them it'll be black.

The white is a good look as well but it would really depend on the color of the truck.

I'll probably not paint them however and will probably go with aftermarket wheels and save the stock one's.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raw aluminum is the best way to go as the first rock (curb for the Mall Crawlers) that scrubs it will make a mess out of any other finish. ;)

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I go with a neutral exterior, I'm planning to get them powdered an accent color, yes.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all depends on how you plan on using your Bronco....If you plan to offroad, take a look at the test mules....most of the black rings are pretty jacked. The ring is designed to take the abuse, when painted/powder coated this abuse will be a lot more obvious.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i'm for sure painting mine black, do we know if they will detatch from the wheels easily?

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
It all depends on how you plan on using your Bronco....If you plan to offroad, take a look at the test mules....most of the black rings are pretty jacked. The ring is designed to take the abuse, when painted/powder coated this abuse will be a lot more obvious.
Hard to do that much damage to my anodized red beauty rings driving around the mall.

Well unless they have some seriously tall curbs.

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate the silver ring! I was going to paint them but I am leaning toward just getting aftermarket wheels.now.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will probably plasti-dip mine this way it can be removed and redone if it gets to much curb rash. Either black or maybe body color.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paint will look like hell in a couple years if you use it. I’m thinking on picking up a set of the wild track ones when they come available.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll be getting the OJ special in a 2 door Badlands. I'm getting the free wheels that come with it and the 33s. I do believe I'll be powder coating them bronze. I wanna do small things that are money savers first!