Sponsored

Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring?

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Powder coat
I second that. Do not paint, powder coat it. Cost a little more, lasts a lot longer. Usually takes a few days at a good powder coat place. They will have lots of colors and high gloss down to dull and lots in between. It is a ceramic powder that is baked on to the piece.
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a black 2 dr picture around here with the top off and the wheels seem have a matte black finish kind of. Lugs and everything all black. It’s probably my favorite picture of the bronco. If I can get that exact combo, I’ll be golden. Not a fan off blacked out vehicles but this ones different.
I'd love to see the picture of this if you can find it. I'm going black with my color choice.
I believe this was one of the Moab test vehicles. Most of the test mules had matte black wheels instead of gloss black.

I grabbed this from one of the Bronco Nation videos.

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.15.20 PM

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea
I believe this was one of the Moab test vehicles. Most of the test mules had matte black wheels instead of gloss black.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.15.20 PM.png
I think you’re right. Googled another image. There’s another one close up shot with a ton of dirt and it just makes the Bronco look like a big ass tonka truck. I love it.

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 7CE80755-EDDD-4796-B05C-3FD0D67EACDE

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
It all depends on how you plan on using your Bronco....If you plan to offroad, take a look at the test mules....most of the black rings are pretty jacked. The ring is designed to take the abuse, when painted/powder coated this abuse will be a lot more obvious.
+1
"Beauty rings" on the Cactus Grey Sasquatch test mule recently in Phoenix.

They are "Rash Rings" if you wheel hard.

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 20201116_073648

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 20201116_073925

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 20201116_073925
Thanks!

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea

I think you’re right. Googled another image. There’s another one close up shot with a ton of dirt and it just makes the Bronco look like a big ass tonka truck. I love it.

Just found this one in another thread.

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.28.42 PM

Personally, I am a little bored with my satin black wheels on my Wrangler (almost six years on them) so I am looking forward to the alloy beauty ring as something different. When I get bored with that, I will either change wheels completely or powder coat them carbonized gray to match the grille and top or orange to match the stitching, trim, and badge on the Badlands.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish badlands just would have stuck with the carbonized grey color-scheme...but its an easy enough fix

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. Mine will be painted. They look ghetto as hell in a contracting color.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great post OP. If anything, it was just nice seeing a compiled list of the colors matched with squatch for comparison. I agree I wish there was a good carb gray photo available as that's one of my final choices.

This is the first photo of cactus gray I actually felt a little something stir up inside me... It's possibly the camera or the background/lighting but I can finally appreciate the green tint in CG. I'm digging it

However, I'm gonna need you to find the difference in color in the next 2 pictures...

Hint: they're the same color

Okay I'm just kidding around. AMB is brilliant in the correct lighting but looks black in the wrong lighting

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wish badlands just would have stuck with the carbonized grey color-scheme...but its an easy enough fix
Totally agree...

I’m going BL + Sasquatch. For the wheels I will either:

1) powder coat the ring gray to match the BL grill and MIC top, or

2) powder coat the wheel itself gray and the ring black, or

3) sell the Sasquatch wheels as take offs and buy one of these (flame suit on)...

Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 63FA2BF2-7809-4C71-A2DC-529734E79EFB
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? CFDBD316-5AC9-4875-AC08-0BE0EADC57AC

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be honest I'm more interested in painting the wheel to match the ring. Kind of done with the black wheel thing..

Either way I think they look better matched.

OP
OP
Daytona_Bronco

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great post OP. If anything, it was just nice seeing a compiled list of the colors matched with squatch for comparison. I agree I wish there was a good carb gray photo available as that's one of my final choices.

This is the first photo of cactus gray I actually felt a little something stir up inside me... It's possibly the camera or the background/lighting but I can finally appreciate the green tint in CG. I'm digging it
YW Same for me the cactus grey with squatch wheels is looking good!

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anybody see the wheels on the new Bronco Nation video about soft too removal? It’s a BL in A51 with Sasquatch.

Look at the beauty rings. They are much darker (Carbonized Gray?) and match the BL grill perfectly.
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? EECF5724-F1D1-4369-8D4E-69473F321DD8
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 16A7FBE0-2F32-4130-A255-4DF292DCD5E1
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? 8C605C6A-199B-4B26-9456-30E3C1576436
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? A4BCF48D-C3EF-4310-8F61-3FC5C58389FE

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, they are carbonized grey. I also read that somewhere and want to say it says it in B&P, but not sure.

I kinda like that the rings match the grille. If I were to take them off to powder coat, I would either just go black to match the wheels or body color, which for me will be A51. I didn't like the look of these wheels in B&P, but seeing them in the soft top video, I think they look really good.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kinda like this look...
Ford Bronco Anyone else thinking of painting the alloy beauty ring? EF1CF157-1980-47CE-B237-1BC049553F1A
Sponsored