Sponsored

Anyone else waiting to see in person and test drive before putting in an order?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming buying direct off the lot will be limited for a while once these come out, and the fact that many of us are particular in our wants which will lead to ordering, I just don't want to move on it until I can drive one. I'm almost 6'3" and while it looks like I'll fit just fine, you never know. I also just want to make sure I enjoy driving it and that otherwise it suits my needs. the preorder, sight unseen seems nuts to me. Am I alone here?
Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 5' tall with limited night visibility. I am going to order in December presuming I will love the new Bronco. Must test drive at night before deciding. If it's not for me, I'm sure the dealer will be happy to sell it to someone else. Really have nothing to lose.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'll have new color choices in 2023, too.

Look, this isn't that spooky. Sit in a Ranger. Same dimensions. Mannequins are coming to some dealers so you can look and touch and see colors. You'll drive it when it shows up and before you sign the deal.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming buying direct off the lot will be limited for a while once these come out, and the fact that many of us are particular in our wants which will lead to ordering, I just don't want to move on it until I can drive one. I'm almost 6'3" and while it looks like I'll fit just fine, you never know. I also just want to make sure I enjoy driving it and that otherwise it suits my needs. the preorder, sight unseen seems nuts to me. Am I alone here?
Yeah, I'm 6'3" and rotund, I will still order, my dealer and others like Granger have said you can still refuse the delivery if you want. But my wife has 2017 Explorer and I'm fine in that, assumuing it will be similar, I might still got jump in a ranger.

Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will place an order. Definitely willing to walk if its not up to snuff. Or wait unti they work out the first year problems. Already walked on the new Defender 110. I wanted to love that vehicle so much. Willing to do it with the Bronc. Fingers crossed.

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't put down a deposit - although I'm very serious about this truck, I'm not willing to do anything until I see one in person. If it's everything I think it is, based only on videos and photos but nothing really retail locked in for the masses, I may have to wait a little bit to get what I want... but you'll be able to get it. Plus, I may be moving so I can't be locked into a dealer with the deposit.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need to see it, sit in it, drive it. I'm 6'5" so I need to make sure everything is kosher. I'm not too worried about that since I fit in my JK, but still it's a mystery with every vehicle. And I'm still undecided on engines so I'd like to test drive both in a 2 door before making a final decision. My Jeep is still holding up perfectly fine so the need for a new vehicle isn't dire so I'm cool knowing I could be many months behind all the reservations before I could be making a deal.

And hell, maybe it'll push me into a 2022 model, I've always been leery of first model years so it could also be a little way to get around that. Or maybe I just say that to make me feel better about being noncommittal :D

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm 6'3" also. My sister's bf has a stick shift wrangler. Can't drive it. No enough legroom to work the clutch without hitting the wheel.

I drive a Civic Si coupe right now. You'd think it's smaller, but it has way more legroom. Cars are weird like that. I'm ok with tht Bronco mainly because the projected legroom is greater than what I have now. By all accounts, it looks like it's roomier than a wrangler by a good stretch.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like to make an informed decision when buying items. So I'll want to see the Bronco versions in person, the colors and options, and test drive. I'll also be comparing it to my current open top 4x4s. Then I'll make a decision to buy or not.

Liking what I've seen of the new Bronco so far - but yes will need to see in person and test drive.

Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow! These are very sane and measured responses! I was beginning to feel like I was the only one not pledging my undying loyalty to a product that exists only in CGI or among Ford controlled avenues.

Good job blokes!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going in blind...

tenor.gif

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will probably have to wait until the 2022s then.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

6 ' 4" 240# going in guns blazing of course if i dont like it after a lengthy spirited test drive im out.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll order it in Dec or when that option becomes available, the $100 deposit and what ever my deal wants down at time of order are all refundable. I'll test drive it when it comes in and give it a good once over, if I don't like it I'll get my $ back and the dealer can mark it up to their heart's content, put it on the lot. At least that's how I understand the process.
I'm pretty sure I'll like it and take it home, but if I don't fit or just don't like it, I'll walk. I don't see this as so different from looking at something on the lot, driving it and either buying or walking away.

I haven't bought a new car in 17 years, but I'm pretty sure that's how the process works?
Sponsored