Sponsored

Anyone else worried about falling in love with this vehicle.....

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah, I drive a 79 Bronco. Itll be nice to drive a brand new Bronco. The wife doesnt like the 79, not enough creature comforts. Shes excited about the new Bronco and she isn't into cars.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

5 years in the making. This thing should drive like a raped ape on the trails. No turning back for me. I believe for nailed it. Bronco or Bust. ?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who would be worried?

It’s badass and it’s going to stay badass.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I knew it was love when I first looked deeply into the LED headlights and pictured myself driving with the top off to some remote location, wind in my hair, grit in my teeth, and the knowledge that the drain plugs and marine vinyl would allow me to later hose out every speck of dirt and debris upon my return. It’s an outdoors loving, OCD clean freaks dream. #noregrets
Dude! Far too much innuendo, you and Bronco should get a room! ?

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

when I went from sports car to a pickup (having twins changes your priorities) the two hardest things I had to get over were my speed sense was shot (being a full 2 feet higher off the ground changes your perspective) and realizing speed bumps were now just a suggestion.
I know what you mean, I went from a Silverado, to an FRS, and it was such a big change at the time. I haven't had a truck since, so I'm curious how I'll feel about the lack of on road performance.

In terms of ride though, as long as it rides better than my AE86 on coilovers, then I should be ok lol

Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It may have been said, but driving a 4x4 Ranger should give us a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may have been said, but driving a 4x4 Ranger should give us a pretty good idea of what to expect.
I believe this was refuted in another thread considering the Ranger and Bronco have wildly different suspension setups.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe this was refuted in another thread considering the Ranger and Bronco have wildly different suspension setups.
Good point. How about with the NON-squatch setup? Say a Big Bend with 32's?

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point. How about with the NON-squatch setup? Say a Big Bend with 32's?
If I run across the post again I’ll share it. I came across it in a different thread when a moderator linked it. Basically, I believe it boiled down to the fact that the Ranger has leaf springs in the back which by themselves make it much different to drive than the Bronco.

Autodidactyl

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too late for me, haha! I'm already in love.

Though that IFS should go a long way to improving on-road driving. I've heard plenty of Wrangler owners complain about the front end driving experience on the highway, the LFA setup may be great for articulation, but it's not really good for a daily driver.

What's funny is rich people driving a Wrangler as a status icon, but then putting up with the driving characteristics of, well, a Wrangler.

I think this is where Ford was really smart, they have made a great off-road machine, but fixed the low hanging fruit issues of the Wrangler, which will also make it more appealing to the soccer moms and road warriors who want an SUV for the status, but with a decent on-road driving experience as well. And the more rich people who buy Broncos means good news for the enthusiasts since if it does well Ford will make more, and with more options.

Obviously, no one has driven it yet, so it could turn out to be not that great. But early signs look really good. And, I mean, if they just make it at least as good as the Wrangler in most respects it's going to be a huge hit. Frankly, I think they've already surpassed the Wrangler in just the right ways. At least on paper it should drive much better just from having an IFS.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably an Outer Banks would compare?

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could anyone here give their best guess to what the Bronco will ride like? I'd like to test drive that for sure!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Too late for me, haha! I'm already in love.

Though that IFS should go a long way to improving on-road driving. I've heard plenty of Wrangler owners complain about the front end driving experience on the highway, the LFA setup may be great for articulation, but it's not really good for a daily driver.

What's funny is rich people driving a Wrangler as a status icon, but then putting up with the driving characteristics of, well, a Wrangler.

I think this is where Ford was really smart, they have made a great off-road machine, but fixed the low hanging fruit issues of the Wrangler, which will also make it more appealing to the soccer moms and road warriors who want an SUV for the status, but with a decent on-road driving experience as well. And the more rich people who buy Broncos means good news for the enthusiasts since if it does well Ford will make more, and with more options.

Obviously, no one has driven it yet, so it could turn out to be not that great. But early signs look really good. And, I mean, if they just make it at least as good as the Wrangler in most respects it's going to be a huge hit. Frankly, I think they've already surpassed the Wrangler in just the right ways. At least on paper it should drive much better just from having an IFS.
What I'd be concerned with is if more and more rich people end up buying the Bronco and putting their influence on them like all the soccer moms did with the Wrangler. Having IFS is "soft" enough for an off road vehicle IMO, I don't need to go even softer - otherwise we could see the Bronco's future turn into a stable of nothing but Bronco Sports.