Sponsored

Anyone else worried about falling in love with this vehicle.....

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
then hating it when you actually drive it? Just me...? Lol
I've read some posts here from ppl that haven't ever driven an offroad vehicle.

They may be in for a rude awakening when they get inside and drive on 35s.

Love my jeep, but there's literally no way the bronco can ride worse then my jlu on a 3.5 inch lift on 35s...
Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I'd be concerned with is if more and more rich people end up buying the Bronco and putting their influence on them like all the soccer moms did with the Wrangler. Having IFS is "soft" enough for an off road vehicle IMO, I don't need to go even softer - otherwise we could see the Bronco's future turn into a stable of nothing but Bronco Sports.
Where do you guys live that rich people drive Wranglers as status icons? ?

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where do you guys live that rich people drive Wranglers as status icons? ?
Right on the coastal beaches of Lake Michigan. Nothing but tourists in the summer and people coming back from Chicago to spend their summers here. A town about 30 mins away is called "Coast Guard City USA" and is packed full of yacht owners and status symbol Wrangler drivers. Lots of teenagers driving around in $60k+ Rubicons to the beach to hang out.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a blind follower of Ford, but they've consistently earned my business. I'm not worried about the drive quality. Although, I'm sure there will be some whose expectations are going to be different getting into this type of vehicle.
Unfortunately there are always going to be people with more money than brains buying these rigs, thinking that just because they spent 50k or more, the truck should ride like a Cadillac and get the fuel economy of a hybrid, despite them adding 35 inch tires and loads of off road accessories to weigh it down that may or may not ever actually be used for their intended purpose. And donā€™t forget the tire noise. Extra money for 35 inch mud tires and wondering why thereā€™s so much tire noise....

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right there with you OP

Ive always owned sport sedans. Love a good handling car with good brakes and steering feel. While the bronco is undeniably cool, I'm 95% sure I will hate driving it.

Rented a 2019 or 2020 4 runner a while back and I couldn't stand driving it, brakes that hardly worked, awful handling, slow, loud, bad gas mileage..... That's a live rear axle and independent front so at least on paper if I hated the 4runner I'll probably hate the bronco

Also have some negative feelings on ford after a family members powershift focus (that also had awful steering feel)

At least the bronco's cheap though, the flaws may be more acceptable considering the bargain price tag
GF had a 2019 4runner. It was a POS. Just an awful ancient transmission in a 4runner that kills it. Traded it for a new Land Rover and that drives a billion times better. Get the 2.7 eb and with the 10speed it will drive ten times better than a POS 4runner

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If it has air conditioning and I don't have to fix it every couple of weeks, then it will be such a vast improvement over every other 4x4 I've ever owned so I don't see how it could possible be a disappointment.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happened to me once with a vehicle that shall not be named here lol. Looking forward to loving it but in the back of my mind.....
That'd be my Tacoma.. lol. Drives like a slug.

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2017 Ram will hold up just fine until my Bronco arrives - I just don't know if I will. Once you decide it is time for a change, it is really hard not to make a change. Now I'm just caught in a loop with everyone else, but not for nearly as long as most of you. The wait doesn't bother me, but the total unknown is killing me.

Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my two door bronco .I just need to find time to be alone in the woods with it...

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was definitely worried. Buying a new car without ever having driven one?! Crazy! But I just did the NH Offrodeo and now have zero worries - I love it.
Offrodeo was legit. I had a ball in NH

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep
I do that with cars or get bored with them and tend to move on to the next thing..

Iā€™m hoping to stick with the Bronco for a while well because Iā€™m hoping it drives and performs as good as it looks
Ya me to. At lest I do it with cars and NOT Women. šŸ™ˆ. Iā€™ve bee married over 30 years now šŸ˜Š
Sponsored