Sponsored

Anyone else worried about falling in love with this vehicle.....

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep
I do that with cars or get bored with them and tend to move on to the next thing..

I’m hoping to stick with the Bronco for a while well because I’m hoping it drives and performs as good as it looks

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes... very worried.

OP
OP

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Happened to me once with a vehicle that shall not be named here lol. Looking forward to loving it but in the back of my mind.....

Sponsored

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not a blind follower of Ford, but they've consistently earned my business. I'm not worried about the drive quality. Although, I'm sure there will be some whose expectations are going to be different getting into this type of vehicle.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just like my Jeeps in the past, they all started out stock and rode well, then I lifted them and put big tires on them and complained that they rode like crap. It's a bad habit that I'm trying to break. Like, I love how the Bronco looks, but I love it more when they have bigger tires and lifts lol.

BroncoFanGirl

Black Diamond
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I first thought I wanted the Bronco Sport and was very worried about the 3cyl idea, figured it would be very underpowered. But now I'm leaning toward Bronco 2 door and hoping I end up with the 6cyl.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from driving sports cars I am somewhat worried but have an extremely open mind due to how different the type of vehicle is.
As long as you have an open mind you’ll be fine.

When I went from my Quick and nimble little 4cyl Mercury Cougar, to my 2011 5.0 mustang the stang felt big and heavy. Once I got used to it it felt solid and powerful. Then I bought a 2002 f-150 for projects around the house and it felt big and slow. Now that im used to that it feels comfortable and utilitarian.

the Bronco is probably going to feel like my f150 but way more sporty.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I first thought I wanted the Bronco Sport and was very worried about the 3cyl idea, figured it would be very underpowered. But now I'm leaning toward Bronco 2 door and hoping I end up with the 6cyl.
That's quite the range in spectrum there. Hope ya like it.

I read these posts and realize I don't have to worry about questions like OP has.
I've always been a Bronco guy and know I should be pretty satisfied. Missing a V8 for me but feel the V6 will hold me over for a few years. Then I can pass along to my son (currently going on 15) and get me a new Bronco which will hopefully have my V8 by then.

That's it, no one needs to respond to my post about how it will never happen blah blah blah.
Let me have my dream!

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the Bronco 2DR with the 2.7L EcoBoost is going to be a blast to drive.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's all about lowering expectations.
Just convince yourself now that it's going to be slow, like an old farm tractor, uncomfortable like sitting on stadium bench seats, steers like your grandpa's ancient Oldsmobuick (with too much power steering assist), has the off-road capabilities of a minivan with a bad transmission, and that the only reason you're buying it is because it looks nice.

Last edited:

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's all about lowering expectations.
Just convince yourself now that it's going to be slow, like and old farm tractor, uncomfortable like sitting on stadium bench seats, steers like your grandpa's ancient Oldsmobuick (with too much power steering assist), has the off-road capabilities of a minivan with a bad transmission, and that the only reason you're buying it is because it looks nice.

Yep, having the proper expectations will save you a bunch. I'm thinking I'll be cruising slow enough to piss off 18 wheelers if these big tires are too loud, :p
Sponsored