Anyone else?

Broncofan2020

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 865rwhp
Anyone else on here thinking about getting the bronco to build it to promote and start a late model bronco shop? The idea has been flowing in my head for a little while now... just wanted to hear y’alls thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else on here thinking about getting the bronco to build it to promote and start a late model bronco shop? The idea has been flowing in my head for a little while now... just wanted to hear y’alls thoughts?
Now I have, thanks to you

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe we can all go in on a shop. One bay for the SFA guys and 9 bays for the IFS guys. ;)

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe we can all go in on a shop. One bay for the SFA guys and 9 bays for the IFS guys. ;)
and you'll still be able to to push more units through the SFA bay with how much easier it is to work on. And how many more repairs IFS units will need!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Broncofan2020

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 865rwhp
Anyone know what the steps are to become a distributor for wharn wench or rigid industry’s and other manufacturers alike?

OP
OP

Broncofan2020

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 865rwhp
I see a huge part of the bronco shop being a drop shipper for the those type of brands and when a customer wants a part we have on our website we just order it and then instal when it arrives

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone know what the steps are to become a distributor for wharn wench or rigid industry’s and other manufacturers alike?

You can deal with manufacturers directly. Sometimes they require a "buy in" before you get a discount. If they don't you can deal with a wholesaler like Summit, Jegs, Keystone Automotive, etc. …. and there is always the interweb.

mattpa

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see a huge part of the bronco shop being a drop shipper for the those type of brands and when a customer wants a part we have on our website we just order it and then instal when it arrives
Not sure how it is with automotive aftermarket/accessories, but some manufacturers don't want to deal with drop shipping. My local dive shop is a big online retailer for dive gear, so I figured they mostly did drop shipping because their store isn't that big. When I was in there a couple months ago they said manufacturers don't want to pay to warehouse stuff so the shops have to keep most things on hand. I thought drop shipping was pretty common, but it may not be for more "specialty" products. Just a heads up in case manufacturers tell you to f off lol.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The experience I've had in the industry is 50/50 some want you to keep inventory on your end, others will gladly 2 day ship. With the advent of amazon. I'm sure the industry has made changes from the time I was involved. If it was me, service is crucial. Big part of service, is speed. Keeping inventory on hand would be a high priority. But then you need to have the money to invest in such a venture. If I could get 100k low interest loan. I would consider it honestly. 50k on inventory, and the other 50 would go to a couple hoists, tire machine and balancer, and an alignment rack. Along with a good scan tool. All dyno tuning I would sub out to a friend of mine. See where that goes before investing further ibto specialized equipment. I would also cater to jeeps and most other 4x4's. My brother and dad would handle SXS's, ATV's, go karts, and light fab work. My other brother would handle accounting. I've planned this all out before, can you tell?

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The experience I've had in the industry is 50/50 some want you to keep inventory on your end, others will gladly 2 day ship. With the advent of amazon. I'm sure the industry has made changes from the time I was involved. If it was me, service is crucial. Big part of service, is speed. Keeping inventory on hand would be a high priority. But then you need to have the money to invest in such a venture. If I could get 100k low interest loan. I would consider it honestly. 50k on inventory, and the other 50 would go to a couple hoists, tire machine and balancer, and an alignment rack. Along with a good scan tool. All dyno tuning I would sub out to a friend of mine. See where that goes before investing further ibto specialized equipment. I would also cater to jeeps and most other 4x4's. My brother and dad would handle SXS's, ATV's, go karts, and light fab work. My other brother would handle accounting. I've planned this all out before, can you tell?
Oh, and if I did expand, my half brother is a cnc programmer and supervisor of the department at the facility he works at. So, yea, I guess I have a lot of connections when it comes to a business like that. I have 10 years of working in the automotive industry directly, good friends with the owner of an auto parts store. My mother was a regional property manager that could handle leasing a building for me. My wife is a very intelligent woman, getting her masters in psychology, and she has a real estate license. My uncle has owned a very successful word working business and would guide me in business ownership. His son is a lead I.T. and networking manager for a major corporation. Another cousin sells health insurance to businesses. Another one is a police sergeant and is registered for vehicle inspections...... come to think of it. I need to get off my ass and start a business.....

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like you need to start a business @Tslater1989

I do niche work out of my home office - mostly parts for the Honda Hawk GT these days. I try to pick small things that the bigger fish are ignoring and engineer solutions for those. It's mostly a hobby to offset some of the costs of the hobby.

If I wind up getting a Bronco, it would be fun to make parts for it.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We also need 1 bay for installing angry eyes, light bars, and Rotopax cans.

OP
OP

Broncofan2020

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 865rwhp
My main and first priority would be to build the demand and need for the shop in my area. You can have all the right people and everything lined up but the businesses that succeed are the ones that build the demand and want for their product before their business. I’d get a bronco as quick as I could to take to my friend to put all the off-road upgrades and goodies on to document the process and to get the word out in my area of what i have the ability to get done and then offer it out to people let the word spread around and once I get enough people who know what we do then I’ll take my capital that I already have and set up the business.
Sponsored